For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

Hi Everyone

Can anyone tell me what nights are formal nights?

thanks in advance

Hi Robyn:D We will see you very very soon:D Cannot wait!!!!!

Dee

If my memory serves me correctly.....I believe the formal nights are Monday and Thursday :rolleyes: I believe lobster night is Friday :)

Looking forward to seeing you soon!!!!

Are we there yet????

Robyn-

Do they post the menu for the week on the ship or how do you find out ahead of time?

My DH and I booked Portofino's a couple nights and I sure dont want to miss things like Lobster night! :)

Great question.

I know they have the menus posted for each day in the morning. Not sure if and where they post for everyday.

Mark

Robyn-

Do they post the menu for the week on the ship or how do you find out ahead of time?

My DH and I booked Portofino's a couple nights and I sure dont want to miss things like Lobster night! :)

The menu for the whole week is not posted anywhere (that I know of?) but what you can do is ask your MDR waiter to show you the menus for the entire week - he has them all :D This would help with your planning.

Hi all, I have been lurking, reading all about AOS as my family and some friends will be sailing March 13. I am sooooo excited and I am sure that there is far more positive than negative! Like you have all posted a positive, adventurous spirit will certainly be reflected back. Anyways.....as I have been reading and am so interested in all AOS, a poster my the name of 'twiggers' posted the AOS compasses and I'm pretty sure all the menus as well? A quick search would prove my memory or lack of memory!! I think the post was sometime around Jan 17 and it was part of her review. I hope I'm right, but it would be worth the read just to get an idea of what is happening on the ship. 37 days, but whose counting??!!! I have totally enjoyed all the posts in this thread and I check in every day.

Well we are into Seinfield too. We saw Jerry out in Vegas. Very funny guy in person. Kept waiting for the rest of the gang to come out..lol...

We are glad to have this board. I spend so much on the Explorer board. Explorer was our first cruise in 2006.

Can't wait to visit these ports. Oh it is going to be a long year...but it seems more new friends to cruise with!

Well we are into Seinfield too. We saw Jerry out in Vegas. Very funny guy in person. Kept waiting for the rest of the gang to come out..lol...

We are glad to have this board. I spend so much on the Explorer board. Explorer was our first cruise in 2006.

Can't wait to visit these ports. Oh it is going to be a long year...but it seems more new friends to cruise with!

Guess what? you are sailing with my best friend Shar27 on the Explorer next month!!! :D:D

If you do a search on the RCCL board on the topic of bringing water on board, you'll find this is one of those weird cases where water is allowed under RCCl's official rules, but for some reason most of the telephone reps are trained to tell you it is not allowed. We have always boarded the AOS, (and many other RCCL ships), with a case of water. Many people just write their cabin number on the case and give it to the porters like that. (I suspect the reason the phone reps tell you it's not allowed is that it is more work for the porters, crew, etc and less money for RCCL. We always refill the bottles with ship's water after using them the first time and keep them cold in the fridge in the cabin. Don't worry about bringing water onboard.

Thank you!! Sorry for the late reply. Haven't been on here since I posted the question.

Hello AOS fans! I've enjoyed reading thru this thread the last couple of weeks as Hubs and I recently booked our 15th Anniversary celebration this December about the AOS and are really looking forward the the SC itinerary. I find all of the reviews, suggestions and tips so helpful and interesting as we plan our vacation. We live just north of Toronto and are now planning our flights to San Juan. It is cheaper for us to fly out of Buffalo rather than from Toronto and I'm wondering about flying in to San Juan the same day or would it be safer to arrive a day ahead. Can anyone suggest a nice hotel in San Juan?

Thanks so much....

Hello AOS fans! I've enjoyed reading thru this thread the last couple of weeks as Hubs and I recently booked our 15th Anniversary celebration this December about the AOS and are really looking forward the the SC itinerary. I find all of the reviews, suggestions and tips so helpful and interesting as we plan our vacation. We live just north of Toronto and are now planning our flights to San Juan. It is cheaper for us to fly out of Buffalo rather than from Toronto and I'm wondering about flying in to San Juan the same day or would it be safer to arrive a day ahead. Can anyone suggest a nice hotel in San Juan?

Thanks so much....

Welcome to the AOS :)

How far north of Toronto? We are in Richmond Hill :p

I would think twice about flying out of Buffalo in the winter......what if the snow is bad and you can't get there? I always advise to fly in the day before the cruise - never take chances in the winter with potential weather threats that could affect your travel plans. If you book Air Canada now for December, you should be able to get a pretty decent rate for a direct flight to SJU on a Saturday.

I have stayed at the Intercontinental, The Marriott Stellaris and The Courtyard by Marriott Isle Verde. All 3 are nice, but our fave is the Stellaris as it is located directly on the Condado close to shops and restaurants and of course a Walgreens for those last minute items you may need!

Which itinerary did you book? They are both amazing :)

We are in Barrie.

Yes, I think I would feel better arriving a day ahead as well....you just can't count on the weather in these parts! The December 4th sailing is the Barbados, Antigua, StLucia, StCroix route....think I may be forgetting one port...anyways, we are excited to see the southern port....we've done east and west already. I'm sure I will have lots more questions for you along the way and appreciate any info I can get from these boards!

Archived