For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

I'd also love to have copies of the Compass. Can you please email me @ bluecruisindiane at yahoo dot com. Thanks so much! Also did you by chance find your invite to the general C&A welcome party with the day and time?

I didn't look for it, but I know I saved it :o I will post that answer from home tonight. Standby, ok? ;)

I heard that but I couldnt believe it since all the other voyager class ships have them, thats a real shame she loves to salsa. She has only cruised carnival and I keep telling her she just has to go on rccl for salsa!

The hotel looked great, I have to make my reservations soon for next year, cant wait!

Thanks for the good words on Adventure. The negative reviews didn't really bother me much. It seemed to be more about discomfort with large numbers of Puerto Ricans than anything else.

People are actually upset that there are large numbers of other American Citizens on their cruise because they're Puerto Rican? Wow. Racism is alive and well I see. I wonder how those folks would feel if, say, people didn't want to cruise on ships out of Galveston because of the large number of, oh, I dunno, rednecks that might be on the cruise? Geez. I'd rather have a bunch of fun and lively Puerto Ricans on the ship than a bunch of judgmental racist jerks.

People are actually upset that there are large numbers of other American Citizens on their cruise because they're Puerto Rican? Wow. Racism is alive and well I see. I wonder how those folks would feel if, say, people didn't want to cruise on ships out of Galveston because of the large number of, oh, I dunno, rednecks that might be on the cruise? Geez. I'd rather have a bunch of fun and lively Puerto Ricans on the ship than a bunch of judgmental racist jerks.

'Nuf said ;)

Were there any good comedians?

I posted the entertainment list on another thread and thought it would be helpful. It was for the week of March 2nd.

The CD is Mike Swarzowski (that is spelled totally wrong, but something like that.) He is from Niagara Falls, Ontario and is very funny. He is very visible around the ship and very personable.

GEORGE KANTER COMEDIAN - He was quite funny. He also did a midnight adult show, but didn't get a chance to see it.

KENNY JAMES SINGER - Did not see him, was warned against it. He is a star search winner, if you remember that show.

MIKE PRICE JUGGLER - Absolutely fabulous. He entertains twice. Once during the week and also on the final night. A must see.

BEATLEMANIA BEATLES TRIBUTE ACT - If you like the Beatles, you will love this. People were singing and dancing. A real blast from the past.

IOULIA AYUPOVA ICE ACT-AERIAL HOOP - The whole ice show was wonderful and should not be missed.

MARTIN KAYE COCKTAIL PIANIST - Did not see.

TROPICAL BREEZE LATIN QUARTET - Did not see.

PRODUCTION SHOWS: CAN'T STOP THE ROCK - JACKPOT - Really, really enjoyed Can't stop the rock. The lead female singer is just wonderful. Jackpot was okay, not great.

Both go out of the Pan American pier that has nothing around. Since I fly in more than a day ahead now, that doesn't bother me. I get on the ship and stay. :D The only RCI ships that dock at Old San Juan are the ones that make a port stop.

Jen

rats, was hoping for Old San Juan, but that's ok. Thanks Jen

Shar, can you scan them? If so, could you e-mail me? Address is J underscore Ebel at msn dot com. I've spelled it out to reduce spam.

THANKS!

Jen

Okay folks - I have compasses from Day 1, 2, 3, 6, 7

I am missing day 4 & 5 which I believe shar27 has - if she gives them to me, I can scan them all and email them to you.

Please send me an email to ckrobyn@hotmail.com and let me know you want them :)

I don't have a scanner, but I will get day 4 & 5 to Robyn tomorrow.:p

I have many pics of the Stellaris on webshots - search under ckrobyn101 and you will find my albums. I still have to upload last weeks pics - but there are plenty already on webshots for you to see!

Hi Robyn. I checked out some of your pictures and LOVED Palm Beach. The sand looks so soft. I have never been to Aruba before and thought that Palm Beach was a large stretch of beach there. (Maybe I'm wrong about that? :confused: ) Did you use the chairs/umbrella at a resort? If so, which one? And do you remember what the charge was? Since you seem to love this itinerary, do you go to the same beaches all the time? I'm still unsure about what we are doing in Curacao.

I'm sure I'll have more questions so please keep checking this thread. ;)

Thanks.

Mary

Hi Robyn. I checked out some of your pictures and LOVED Palm Beach. The sand looks so soft. I have never been to Aruba before and thought that Palm Beach was a large stretch of beach there. (Maybe I'm wrong about that? :confused: ) Did you use the chairs/umbrella at a resort? If so, which one? And do you remember what the charge was? Since you seem to love this itinerary, do you go to the same beaches all the time? I'm still unsure about what we are doing in Curacao.

I'm sure I'll have more questions so please keep checking this thread. ;)

Thanks.

Mary

Hi Mary - glad you liked the Palm Beach pics! I have more to upload! Yes Palm Beach is a large stretch of beach with many high rise hotels. We did rent chairs and umbrellas - but not from a resort. The chairs/umbrellas are available to rent through a watersports company right at the entrance to the beach area. I believe the chairs were $10 each, and the umbrella was $15.

I LOVE this itinerary, and yes - we go to the same beaches all the time :) Why mess with a good thing? ;)

Hi Mary - glad you liked the Palm Beach pics! I have more to upload! Yes Palm Beach is a large stretch of beach with many high rise hotels. We did rent chairs and umbrellas - but not from a resort. The chairs/umbrellas are available to rent through a watersports company right at the entrance to the beach area. I believe the chairs were $10 each, and the umbrella was $15.

I LOVE this itinerary, and yes - we go to the same beaches all the time :) Why mess with a good thing? ;)

So you could just ask the cab to drop you off at Palm Beach? This is where my confusion sets in because if Palm Beach is a long stretch of beach with many resorts, how does the cab know where to drop you off? :confused: We are either going to Palm Beach or Eagle Beach. Both look really nice. What did you do in Curacao?

emen822......Just ask the taxi driver to take you to the De Palm Pier. They drop you off right at The Raddisson and the Riu resorts. There's a paved walkway between the two resorts and it is an easy walk down to the beach. A vendor will be right there to take your money for the chairs and umbrella. I'm like Robyn......we find a beach we really like and stick with it. Don't want to mess with a good thing.

Now we like the beach at the Sea Aquarium OK in Curacao. The sand is a little coarser there, but it really isn't too bad. I didn't need water shoes there and I have very sensitive feet. We might try Playa Porta Mari this time around, though, as I hear it is even better there.....just farther away. We have found that the farther away a beach is from the port.....the better and less crowded it is......so that's why we go for those. Crane Beach in Barbados comes to mind as does Rum Point in Grand Cayman.

Jane

I posted the entertainment list on another thread and thought it would be helpful. It was for the week of March 2nd.

[/color]

Thanks....I do remember the star search show, think I'll pass too, lol. I hope the Beatlemania show is still on in July....sounds great!

emen822......Just ask the taxi driver to take you to the De Palm Pier. They drop you off right at The Raddisson and the Riu resorts. There's a paved walkway between the two resorts and it is an easy walk down to the beach. A vendor will be right there to take your money for the chairs and umbrella. I'm like Robyn......we find a beach we really like and stick with it. Don't want to mess with a good thing.

Now we like the beach at the Sea Aquarium OK in Curacao. The sand is a little coarser there' date=' but it really isn't too bad. I didn't need water shoes there and I have very sensitive feet. We might try Playa Porta Mari this time around, though, as I hear it is even better there.....just farther away. We have found that the farther away a beach is from the port.....the better and less crowded it is......so that's why we go for those. Crane Beach in Barbados comes to mind as does Rum Point in Grand Cayman.

Jane[/quote']

Appreciate your help as well. That makes more sense to me now. ;)

So you could just ask the cab to drop you off at Palm Beach? This is where my confusion sets in because if Palm Beach is a long stretch of beach with many resorts, how does the cab know where to drop you off? :confused: We are either going to Palm Beach or Eagle Beach. Both look really nice. What did you do in Curacao?

The cabs know which entrance to Palm Beach to drop you off at. Just tell them to drop you at the "pier". :)

What did you do in Curacao?

Curacao is not a beach port for us. We enjoy walking across the pontoon bridge into town and spending the morning shopping and stopping for a cold drink etc. We are usually back on the ship for around 1pm and spend the afternoon by the pool :)

We just increased our numbers from 7 to 13 on the May 11 cruise. This will be our 2nd time in 2 years out of San Juan and the first for the other 9 that are going with us. Last year we did the Aruba route and this year the Barbados one. We will be arriving on Friday the 9th and staying at Embassy Suites in Isla Verde, and extending our vacation leaving on Monday the 19th. We haven't sailed with this many mambers in our group, Robyn do you know if this ship can accomodate a table in the dining room for 13 or will we have to do 2 separate tables.

We just increased our numbers from 7 to 13 on the May 11 cruise. This will be our 2nd time in 2 years out of San Juan and the first for the other 9 that are going with us. Last year we did the Aruba route and this year the Barbados one. We will be arriving on Friday the 9th and staying at Embassy Suites in Isla Verde, and extending our vacation leaving on Monday the 19th. We haven't sailed with this many mambers in our group, Robyn do you know if this ship can accomodate a table in the dining room for 13 or will we have to do 2 separate tables.

Hi sealeggs - I know there are tables for 12 in the dining room, I saw them last week :) I'm thinking you can squeeze one more person around the table ;) Otherwise, you can request tables side by side? I would suggest speaking with the Maitre D when you board to have 13 at the table instead of 12.

Thanks Robyn I thought we would have to go to rhe Maitre De for this request. I also have seen tables for 12 just didn't know if they had any larger. Thanks again.

You're very welcome and good luck! :)

For all those waiting on compasses - I should have them all scanned and ready to email by early next week.

Many of you have already contacted me on ckrobyn@hotmail.com to request the compasses, but if you want them and have not already done so, please email me your request.

Have a great day! :D

Archived