For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

Suzanne - so sorry to hear about your mother. Please accept my deepest condolences :(

The AOS will be waiting for you - and I promise it will be worth the wait!

Thank you. I know the AOS will be great. Since you have helped me a ton for the AOS - how about you help me decide my next cruise. ;) I have been on Navigator already last year. Would you pick - Mariner (cococay, st thom, st martin) or Liberty (san juan, st martin, labadee.) Both are the same price and the same week.

Anyone else can feel free to chime in.... :D

Thank you. I know the AOS will be great. Since you have helped me a ton for the AOS - how about you help me decide my next cruise. ;) I have been on Navigator already last year. Would you pick - Mariner (cococay, st thom, st martin) or Liberty (san juan, st martin, labadee.) Both are the same price and the same week.

Our sympathies as well!

I think it's a no-brainer at the same price, take the Liberty. It also gives you a new class of ships to explore and gets you a little taste of San Juan that will hold you until next year's AOS cruise!

Got our docs today!!!! Yeah!!! This miserable winter just won't end here in the Northeast, I found myself spraying a little sunblock on my face this morning just because it smells like Pina Colada!! :D Now if we can just get rid of this rainy, overcast, mid-thirties weather! Less than 6 weeks now and we'll be on our beloved AOS!!!!

I would definitely try the Liberty :) One of these days I will!!!!

Got our docs today!!!! Yeah!!! This miserable winter just won't end here in the Northeast, I found myself spraying a little sunblock on my face this morning just because it smells like Pina Colada!! :D Now if we can just get rid of this rainy, overcast, mid-thirties weather! Less than 6 weeks now and we'll be on our beloved AOS!!!!

You are so funny! I know what you mean though ;) I bought some Hawaiin Tropic after sun lotion called "Lime Coolada" and whenever I use it at home it reminds me of the ship!!!! If you get a chance to smell this stuff you will LOVE it!!!

I would definitely try the Liberty :) One of these days I will!!!!

Stick with the Voyager class ships (only my opinion). I thought the Liberty was just tooooooooo big and when they have the parties in the promenade you feel like a little smashed sardine in one of those metal boxes:p . It is a beautiful ship, but unless I get a very sweet deal in the future it will be the Voyager class and smaller.

Stick with the Voyager class ships (only my opinion). I thought the Liberty was just tooooooooo big and when they have the parties in the promenade you feel like a little smashed sardine in one of those metal boxes:p . It is a beautiful ship, but unless I get a very sweet deal in the future it will be the Voyager class and smaller.

Wow - interesting comment, thanks! My DH has no interest in sailing any other ship other than the AOS, so unless I do the Liberty on one of my girls cruises in November - it won't happen!

Right now I am more than happy with the size of the Voyager class ships.

Hi everyone,

We never made it on the AOS last week. We arrived in San Juan to find out my mother passed away suddenly. It took us until Sunday night to get a flight back home. We did stay at the Stellaris which was very nice. We had a corner room with wonderful views. My sister however was bumped due to overbooking and they shipped her to the Courtyard for the night. Overall all though, I would recommend it.

Anyway, we plan on going on the AOS next Spring Break. There aren't many good cabins left in the new few months and we already paid a fortune for a one way ticket from PR back home. I think going back to PR would be too expensive at this point.

We do plan on going on either the Liberty or Mariner Memorial Day week. I have 2 holds that I have to decide on. We have been on Navigator already so right now we are leaning on the Liberty. Any suggestions would be great.

Sorry I couldn't give my long AOS review but if you want to wait another 300+ days, I can give you one. :)

So sorry to hear of your moms passing. :( That's good to know that RC will give you a voucher for a forture cruise. :)

You are so funny! I know what you mean though ;) I bought some Hawaiin Tropic after sun lotion called "Lime Coolada" and whenever I use it at home it reminds me of the ship!!!! If you get a chance to smell this stuff you will LOVE it!!!

YES, I found this last year before our Eastern cruise on Mariner!! :D I used it soooo much and it does smell sooooo good!!! I will being using it on the AOS in July as well, if not before. ;) I'm waiting for the weather to get warmer so I can start to use it again.

Thanks! Next time I'm at the store I'll try some of that Hawaiin Tropic.

Well, we did it! We are booked on the AOS for 3-15-09, and we scored our beloved aft balconies on the 9th floor! From the pictures I have seen, my room is hardly affected by all the steel! So, I will celebrate my birthday with family and friends on the AOS and wake up on my birthday in Aruba. How cool is that?

So far, my sister, the Cruisinfool and her DH, are the only ones signed up to accompany my Irish lass sweetheart and me. I am hopeful my son and D-I-L will join us as they did on the Radiance last December. We will begin the process of recruiting in earnest now.

Thanks to Robyn and all of you who have contributed to this thread. Your enthusiasm and information helped convince us this was the time to take this trip.

Patrick aka Poo

A great thread. Sailed on the AOS last March -- wonderful itinerary, ship, and crew. My family (4 in total) have enjoyed all our cruises, but we thought this one was the best. We would not hesitate to sail AOS again. As for flying to San Juan, think of it as another wonderful port to visit as soon as you get your seapass. Get on the ship and get off and visit Old San Juan; the ship leaves rather late.

Can you infact do that?? I was wondering if you could,glad to know

Wow - interesting comment, thanks! My DH has no interest in sailing any other ship other than the AOS, so unless I do the Liberty on one of my girls cruises in November - it won't happen!

Right now I am more than happy with the size of the Voyager class ships.

I am just commenting on one of your earlier posts about airfare from Toronto to San Juan. Yes it may be more, but, if you are planning on doing the Liberty or Freedom out of Miami, you will pay more in total than flying to San Juan and sailing on AOS. I priced both for March 15/09 same room categories and the Freedom is $1800. more. We will likely only pay about 500 more (total) for air with Air canada so........there you go cheaper to go to San Juan and the AOS!!! lol

Well, we did it! We are booked on the AOS for 3-15-09, and we scored our beloved aft balconies on the 9th floor! From the pictures I have seen, my room is hardly affected by all the steel! So, I will celebrate my birthday with family and friends on the AOS and wake up on my birthday in Aruba. How cool is that?

So far, my sister, the Cruisinfool and her DH, are the only ones signed up to accompany my Irish lass sweetheart and me. I am hopeful my son and D-I-L will join us as they did on the Radiance last December. We will begin the process of recruiting in earnest now.

Thanks to Robyn and all of you who have contributed to this thread. Your enthusiasm and information helped convince us this was the time to take this trip.

Patrick aka Poo

Patrick that is so awesome! I'm thrilled that you chose the AOS and so glad that you got the cabin you wanted :)

Now you have a whole year (okay, a little less!) to plan every single detail about your cruise. Of course if you have any questions myself or any of the other AOS fans would be more than happy to answer them!!!

I am just commenting on one of your earlier posts about airfare from Toronto to San Juan. Yes it may be more, but, if you are planning on doing the Liberty or Freedom out of Miami, you will pay more in total than flying to San Juan and sailing on AOS. I priced both for March 15/09 same room categories and the Freedom is $1800. more. We will likely only pay about 500 more (total) for air with Air canada so........there you go cheaper to go to San Juan and the AOS!!! lol

You have a point. I know if you book Air Canada far enough in advance you can get a fairly decent price to San Juan ($694 return). The prices seem to have stayed quite high for the Freedom class ships, so you are right that I would probably pay more overall for a cruise on the FOS or LOS out of Miami :rolleyes:

Hi robyn,

yet another request for the highly sought-after compasses. i sent you an email last night, not sure if you got it. my email is my user name (using hotmail)

booked on AOS May 4th - have been lurking on these boards for the last few weeks. the info here is absolutely priceless!!

Debbie, you need to pop over to the roll call thread & say Hi...:D only 33 more days left till we sail!

I have been on that ship, and had a wonderful experience. As for the Puerto Ricans, they are Americans too! We really enjoyed watching them on the formal nights. They had cotillions for the young girls, and they and the rest of the families were dressed to the 9's. They always seemed to be better behaved than what we are used to on the mainland.

We were also on board with a group of teenagers from Argentina, and my husband was not very happy when he first saw them (he is a teacher). We saw them regularly, and they were so well behaved and polite (much to our surprise).

I have been on that ship, and had a wonderful experience. As for the Puerto Ricans, they are Americans too! We really enjoyed watching them on the formal nights. They had cotillions for the young girls, and they and the rest of the families were dressed to the 9's. They always seemed to be better behaved than what we are used to on the mainland.

We were also on board with a group of teenagers from Argentina, and my husband was not very happy when he first saw them (he is a teacher). We saw them regularly, and they were so well behaved and polite (much to our surprise).

The AOS is a great ship and I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise :)

We were on the AOS last week and had a great time. I'm getting a review ready and it should be posted sometime today. Looks like we *might* be taking the AOS again next Easter. We loved Aruba and Curacao. :D

emen822....Welcome back. Glad you had a good time! I hoped you did a "Next Cruise" while on board so that you can get the OBC for that next AOS cruise!

We discussed Aruba and Eagle Beach before you left. Specifically the Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort. Did you go there? If you did......tell us about it please!

We were on the AOS last week and had a great time. I'm getting a review ready and it should be posted sometime today. Looks like we *might* be taking the AOS again next Easter. We loved Aruba and Curacao. :D

I just read the first part of your review! Don't keep us hanging!!! :)

Archived