For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

I know...but I have 379 days before my cruise...I have to fill the time somehow:p

The planning is almost as exciting as the cruise itself!!! :p trust me, the next 379 days will fly by, and before you know it - it will be cruise time for you!!! :D

Now lets try and keep this thread upfront and center where it should be!!!

I loved sailing on the AOS, I had a wonderful time. However I am not sure I would want to sail on the AOS again until I sail on some other RC ships. I guess I could do it if there were some ports I have never been to. Why do some people do B2B, same ship and same ports?

I loved sailing on the AOS, I had a wonderful time. However I am not sure I would want to sail on the AOS again until I sail on some other RC ships. I guess I could do it if there were some ports I have never been to. Why do some people do B2B, same ship and same ports?

On AOS the two B2B segments are in different ports. :)

Gerry

I have done 2 B2B's on the AOS in 2007 and 2008. Yes, the itinerary was the same on both weeks and that is why we chose to do the B2b!!! We absolutely LOVE the current AOS itinerary. We know exactly what we are doing in each port, and if we miss something the first week -we can always do it the 2nd week :)

The AOS itinerary is changing for winter 2010(or possibly before) and will alternate ports each week. This is also a good thing for folks who want all new ports for the 2nd week.

For us, the B2B's were great fun!!!:D

On AOS the two B2B segments are in different ports. :)

Gerry

Not yet Gerry. Right now it is the same itinerary all the time. (Aruba, Curacao, St. Maarten, St. Thomas) I think the itinerary wil change in a few months to alternating.

Not yet Gerry. Right now it is the same itinerary all the time. (Aruba, Curacao, St. Maarten, St. Thomas) I think the itinerary wil change in a few months to alternating.

Thanks for clearing this up. I didn't realize that the itinerary was the same now. I had only looked and booked a b2b for Nov./Dec.09, and they were different. :)

Gerry

Thanks for clearing this up. I didn't realize that the itinerary was the same now. I had only looked and booked a b2b for Nov./Dec.09, and they were different. :)

Gerry

No problem :D You are going to have a fantabulous time on the best ship!!!!!!!

we are planning on booking the AOS for May 17 to Aruba, Curaco, etc and wondered which side of the ship should we book a balcony on to get the best views when in ports?

Any suggestion????

The way in which the ship docks in each port can vary from cruise to cruise. We were just on the AOS, and on our cruise, in all but one port, the ship docked on the port side.

we are planning on booking the AOS for May 17 to Aruba, Curaco, etc and wondered which side of the ship should we book a balcony on to get the best views when in ports?

Any suggestion????

We had a port side JS and it was great coming into port and going out. I love to watch them tie up to the dock. I have some good pictures - they are linked in my signature.

The way in which the ship docks in each port can vary from cruise to cruise. We were just on the AOS, and on our cruise, in all but one port, the ship docked on the port side.

thanks- which Itinerary were you one? I was looking at the May 17th to Aruba, Curacao, Dominica and st thomas...

I just saw this thread and wanted to chime in and agree that the AOS if WONDERFUL!

We tried the new bigger and supposed to be better (with and with out our kids) and the AOS was by far our fav!!!

We are sailing May 10th the Barbados route.....we did ARuba last time we sailed this ship.

It was just perfect....plenty to do, perfect in size, but not overwhelming...we never felt crowded......

And I am really excited to know that I will be on the first 7 night sailing after drydock!!! YIPPIE!!!

I think this thread is long overdue.

Each week I see at least 2-3 posts regarding the Adventure of the Seas, people who have booked and are now afraid they made a mistake - and people who have yet to book, that may not ever book because of what they read on here.

As many of you know, I have cruised on the AOS 3 times and have had wonderful cruise vacations on all 3. I am sailing again next month on my 2nd B2B on the AOS and I am eagerly anticipating another fantastic cruise! :)

Here are a few commonly asked questions about the AOS:

Q: Does the AOS have a large amount of Puerto Ricans sailing on her for most cruises?

A: Yes, there are Puerto Rican's on cruises out of San Juan. It is their home port and I would be very surprised if they weren't.

Q: Are the announcements in Spanish as well as English?

A: Yes they are. Is it an issue? No.

Q: Are Puerto Ricans rude and rowdy?

A: No more rude and rowdy than other passengers I have seen on other ships and other itineraries. Puerto Ricans are a lively bunch :)

Q: Is the AOS a sick ship, or more prone to Noro than other ships?

A: No. The AOS has as much chance of a noro outbreak as any other ship in the RCI fleet.

Q: I have booked the AOS and after reading negative reviews, I want to cancel - what should I do?

A: You can cancel you cruise if you want, but you will be missing out on a fantastic cruise on a great ship sailing on a wonderful itinerary!

I do understand that some people have had negative experiences on the AOS - but the same can be said for any other ship. There will always be people cutting in line, pushing elevator buttons, chair hogging and the list goes on......unfortunately, some people like to leave their manners at home :(

My experiences have been terrific on the AOS and I would encourage anyone to sail on her and see for themselves what a great ship she is!!

Yes....I am an AOS cheerleader, and proud of it!!!

Robin,

I remember just a short time ago you were asking a GAZILLION questions and preparing to take your very first cruise.... So glad to see you are a Cruz Queen now....

You go Girl~ :D

We were on the Aruba, Curacao route.

thanks, so Port side is the docking side... Now, just one more question if you don't mind... was that the better view of the islands once you docked? ie, the starboard faced the ocean view?

thanks, so Port side is the docking side... Now, just one more question if you don't mind... was that the better view of the islands once you docked? ie, the starboard faced the ocean view?

The better view of the islands was from the port side on all but one stop.

This board is causing me to long for another AOS cruise. I wish I was sailing.:( This was DH and my 4th cruise and this was the best ever. We had so much fun. I love my DH but on this cruise I was deeply in love with him. It was as if we were in the honeymoon stage of our relationship. We shared a room with DD(16) so nothing happen but we were so in tuned to each.;):D

Can a ship/cruise really have the effect on a marriage?:confused:

Robin,

I remember just a short time ago you were asking a GAZILLION questions and preparing to take your very first cruise.... So glad to see you are a Cruz Queen now....

You go Girl~ :D

LOL!!!!! Great to see you on here, it's been a while :)

Yup - I remember the gazillion of questions I had before my first cruise too....and it wasn't all that long ago either!!!! I managed to squeeze in 9 cruises in just over 3 years :rolleyes:

This board is causing me to long for another AOS cruise. I wish I was sailing.:( This was DH and my 4th cruise and this was the best ever. We had so much fun. I love my DH but on this cruise I was deeply in love with him. It was as if we were in the honeymoon stage of our relationship. We shared a room with DD(16) so nothing happen but we were so in tuned to each.;):D

So glad to hear you had a wonderful time on your AOS cruise!!!!

I think it's possible for marriages/relationships to intensify while on vacation, after all we don't have the distractions of every day life and the focus can be on eachother instead of the day to day stuff we always have to deal with at home!!!!

I've seen this type of thread come up many times, and what I can't get an answer on is when do the local kids school year being and end? To us, its not so much who is on, but how many kids. We prefer to cruise when kids are still in school. Do Puerto Rican kids do the American norm of Sept - June?

Haven't you seen the Love Boat? ;) You bet it can, especially a great ship like the AOS, there's just something magical about being at sea-very romantic!

Archived