Tickets for shows??????

tripman

I must have misunderstood a recent review of the Norwegian Gem, so I need some clarification, but I'm certain I read that tickets are required for the evening shows. I took it to be kind of like how you needed to get tickets for the Ice shows in Royal Caribbean...is that true?

All the evening shows are open seating and don't require tickets. You can just walk right in at your leisure! A good rule is to show up around 15-20 minutes before showtime if you don't want to wait too long but want a fairly good seat. Enjoy your cruise!:D

I must have misunderstood a recent review of the Norwegian Gem, so I need some clarification, but I'm certain I read that tickets are required for the evening shows. I took it to be kind of like how you needed to get tickets for the Ice shows in Royal Caribbean...is that true?

The reason for needing tickets for the Ice Shows on RCCL is the seating is so limited there. I think there are several shows each night so to give everyone a chance to see it.

Otherwise, tickets are not necessary for anything else, except for the first few tender trips when the ship is anchored off port.

There WAS a time when you had to purchase tickets for certain shows on the DAWN out of New York... They used to fly in headline acts (like Jimmy Walker) and have a special show during the inaugural season of the Dawn where you had to pay an additional $10.00 per show, but it's been quite a while since they actually did that. Hadn't heard of any such thing on any of the newer ships, so I can only assume that practice has been done away with.

On all NCL ships, all shows are first come first serve, so plan accordingly if you need to be seated in a particular choice of seat.

Archived