Grand Princess Cabin D730

Tintown

We have just booked cabin D730 (mini suit, Dolphin Deck) for two back to back cruises in August (3.5 weeks) and hope that this cabin is as nice as we think it is going to be. We know that the deck will not have any privacy from above, but we are not worried about that, but we did wonder what it would be like travelling so far back in the ship. It is the second to last cabin on the side of the ship. We hear that the thrusters can be noisy, is there anything else that we need to be aware of, or prepared for?

We have just booked cabin D730 (mini suit, Dolphin Deck) for two back to back cruises in August (3.5 weeks) and hope that this cabin is as nice as we think it is going to be. We know that the deck will not have any privacy from above, but we are not worried about that, but we did wonder what it would be like travelling so far back in the ship. It is the second to last cabin on the side of the ship. We hear that the thrusters can be noisy, is there anything else that we need to be aware of, or prepared for?

They are not noisy. You can feel some of the vibrations when arriving or leaving port (if the thrusters are being used). In my opinion, it is not a big deal.

I agree with dforeigner in that it is not noisy. You will fell vibrations when docking or departing but that should be it.

Some of our party was in that cabin a few months ago and they had no problems at all.

Mike:)

We'll be in D730 next fall on the TA crossing, Rome to FLL. I think that it's on the deck with the larger balconies, so part should be under roof. I'll be interested in hearing your comments.

From this photo it doesn't look like there is any cover on the rear Dolphin mini suites.

Archived