Ketchikan Excursion Dilemma

RaptorMom

Hi, We are booked on the Coral Princess SB next June. I just prereserved the Aluetian Ballad Crabbing excursion in Ketchikan but am wondering if I shouldn't change it to something else. My husband and I love the Deadliest Catch show and really want to go on this but I believe it is the same day as the Formal lobster night on the ship. The excursion states that it ends at 5:30 PM and we have the early seating. My family does not want to miss lobster night - so they want me to cancel.

Does anyone have any suggestions? We could just do the Lumberjack show and go see the totem poles - my 7 year old would like that also. Does anyone know if the Formal lobster night is the night we are in Ketchikan? And how early is the first seating?

:confused:

You might want to look into visiting the Sea Star..I think her captians name was Larry??Anyway she was on the Deadliest Catch..The boat was docked there last year..We went close to the end of the day and it was very interesting...There were several guys that had worked on her when she was a crab boat..It was fun to talk to the guys..they had lots of stories and were very free with their time!

We were on the northbound Coral Princess last year and ate in Sabatini's on formal night - so I don't even know what was on the menu that night. I would choose the excursion you really want over a meal any time. Let the rest of your family choose lobster, if they want. We had Anytime Dining, but you can still eat dinner later in the Horizon Court if you miss your early dinner seating.

Thank you to everyone that replied. After some serious thinking, we will probably stick with the excursion. If we make it to dinner great, if not - you guys are correct - we can always get lobsters at home.

Thanks for all of your thoughts!!

Go for the excursion. 1. The Sea Star may not be there next year. They were moving around to different ports last summer. 2. The captain of the Aluetian Ballad gave me a pre-tour tour last summer and that thing is awesome. 3. In my humble opinion this will be the up and coming tour to go on in the Ketchikan area. It's the real deal. 4. I would rate it right under an Anan bear watching tour.

You can eat lobster at Red Lobster when you get home. I live here but if I was coming to Alaska to visit I'd spend as little time on the ship as possible.

Why come all that way to worry about early or late seating? I say eat when you feel like it or have time....

Could the poster go to the anytime dining that particular night or do they watch that closely and see that she has the early time. We have the anytime dining and I was under the impression we would have the same meals as the early and late seating. Hope this is true.

Archived