Family Welcome Aboard Show??

goscudder

We leave on the Freedom in 69 days (but who's counting!!). I was going through some older Cruise Compasses and noticed they have a "Family Welcome Aboard Show" at 5:45pm. What is that? I want my 13 and 10 year to meet other kids the first night, but is that where they would meet up with them? We have Main Seating at 6:15, as I'm sure many other families would, so is the show only 30 minutes long?

Thanks for any help!

we were on grandeur in august - the welcome aboard show really introduces the counselors to everyone, not really the kids... it was held in one of the lounges and they explain the program... later that nite, the kids were invited to come sign up and hang out awhile in adventure ocean. the teens had a different welcome, they really went alone to this, it was not a family welcome show...that is where they met up with the other teens. it should not interfere with dinner - at least, it did not interfere with ours.

hope this helps!

The Family Welcome Aboard show is really just an orientation to the AO program for the younger groups (forget the exact age range). They introduce the counselors and explain their credentials, talk about what activities they have planned, explain what forms need to be filled out, who gets beepers, etc. We've gone a few times, but it's really not necessary as you can just sign up anytime. We usually fill out the paperwork when we get on board during the AO open house and then we're good to go.

Archived