New bottled water and soda limit

DAllenTCY

As of last Saturday during embarkation in San Diego for the "Carnival Elation" anyone with more than a 6-pack of water or soda had to give up the excess to the security staff.

The online policy states "excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation." Apparently this new limitation will be enforced fleetwide.

David

I'm guessing the porters still honor the "we will deliver your beverages hidden in a suit case for a nice tip" policy. ;)

I'm just going to do this with everything from now on. It's a hassle carrying beverages onboard anyway. :)

But can we still CHECK cases or coolers of soda/water???

The original poster was trying to carry-on with her, is that right?

I heard you can check a case or two of soda/water or even a cooler withboth inside, with your checked luggage.

Can anyone else confirm?

The New Orleans Port will not allow you to check them because the luggage has to go down a chute. I had to put mine in suitcase.

After tasting the Fantasy Water, I will scream bloody murder if I can't have bottled water!!!!

Ouch. While I frequently will buy the soft drink card anyway, I only drink diet soda, and I have a mild allergy to caffiene that means I can't have too much in any given day. So since most ships I've been on don't even have *any* caffiene free diet sodas available, I usually bring a couple of six-packs of caffiene free diet coke or pepsi with me on a cruise.

I certainly *hope* they don't limit me on that...

Hi...I am sorry that you had the problem with bringing beverages on board. That really is the pits! However, other than the bad start, how was the cruise? We are "thinking" about taking something out of San Diego this year. We have never done the California thing. Also, are you from the SD area. We are thinking of staying a few days before & after cruise. Would welcome suggestions. Thanks!

As of last Saturday during embarkation in San Diego for the "Carnival Elation" anyone with more than a 6-pack of water or soda had to give up the excess to the security staff.

The online policy states "excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation." Apparently this new limitation will be enforced fleetwide.

David

I'd be interested in hearing why the OP believes the statement I've bolded above is true, as opposed to being just the random actions of a single screener who shares your preference in soda brands. ;)

I'd be interested in hearing why the OP believes the statement I've bolded above is true, as opposed to being just the random actions of a single screener who shares your preference in soda brands. ;)

Too funny!!!! I can't believe how people with a teeny tiny bit of power choose to act sometimes!

David

Why ? Was security extra thirsty that day ? :p

We just sailed Pride Jan 6-13 and I brought a 24 pack (the new cube) of Pepsi. I stuck my luggage tag right on the handle of the 24 pack and handed right to the luggage guys and no problem. Arrived right at our cabin. YMMV:)

We were on this same Pride cruise at Honeymoon_cruisers. We took a case of bottle water... duct taped it - put a luggage tag on it and checked it. It arrived safe & sound in our cabin later that evening. It was clearly a case of water - didn't try to hide anything.

I doubt very much a single screener make unilateral decisions on their own (and risk their jobs). They obviously are acting on orders.

Archived