Why do you people do this?

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

Now with all this gnashing of teeth, and elevated blood pressure, I not seen one, nary a speck of an instance of folks even *mentioning* wearing their terry cloth formal wear.

The outfit without buttons zips or snaps, but with the belt that you tie in the front...

Now THAT would make a statement.

And ya got to wonder what else the OP "forces" her DH to do, or perform...

Are whips considered "weapons" by Carnival policy? Or are handcuffs???

Just wondering...

Wow is all this rudeness and feet stomping because when you were 5 mommy made you wear something you didn't want to wear?

I agree with the posters that said if you bother to spend the time and money choosing a nice outfit, you better believe they're going to wear it more than, say, 2 hours. I too get cold sometimes, but I always carry a sweater.

Geez what do you do when you're at a wedding? Change into footie jammies after dinner? You must be the same people that go to bed at 8:30 too. You're on a cruise, LIVE A LITTLE! Step out of your comfort zone, look extra special for your s/o for a FEW HOURS!!

That is all.

Enough of the mind games. The reference to someones childhood as the cause for changing clothes after dinner is ridiculous. Did you not get to play dress-up in mommy's clothes after dinner? There, feel better?? As for looking extra special for my s/o, I don't have to dress up for that. And I happen to like my comfort zone. This is not about formal wear anymore, it's about you putting people down because they don't agree with you. Move on!!!

Why, after so many people say they LOVE dressing up for formal nights, does everyone change back into their regular clothes as SOON as they are done with dinner, like it's a race or something? I personally like to enjoy the rest of my evening in my pretty clothes, and I don't feel like changing that many times a day. Hubby thinks otherwise, but I force him. Needless to say, I feel out of place because everyone else is so casual and we're walking around formal. Would it really kill you to wear a dress or suit for a few more hours? Modern society is just not classy anymore like it was back in the day!! People then would dress formally all the time, especially on a cruise, and now it seems to kill people after about 2 hours tops! Opinions?

No it would not kill me, BUT, I am on a cruise to relax. I am not there to impress anyone. I love to dress up for dinner, and do so EVERY night, but like to relax after dinner so I do go change. If people don't like what I am wearing after dinner then please go to another deck. I am not trying to be hateful or mean, just saying this is MY vacation.

I can't wait to see this type of thing for myself. I mean all the things that people talk about (complain). We are leaving on the Miracle Jan 26th 1st timers. My husband a I wear uniforms to work 12 hours day I'm looking forward to not being dressed in polyester pants and shirt that has no thought or personality. I agree if you can wear heels for more than 1 or 2 hour I applause. Work boots are my usual foot wear. Heels are not a friend to your feet. I run and I had a foot injury this summer from a bad pair of sandals it took 4 months before I could run with out pain. The sandals ended up in the trash. I bought a pair of heels I'm still debating about wearing them or my birkenstocks to formal night. I may look stupid :o with the birkenstocks but my feet take me to all the places I want to go. I will never put them a risk again.:D

I suppose I should ask are birkenstocks acceptable footwear for formal nite?

I don't wear pj to bed:D

Would it really kill you to wear a dress or suit for a few more hours? Modern society is just not classy anymore like it was back in the day!! People then would dress formally all the time, especially on a cruise, and now it seems to kill people after about 2 hours tops! Opinions?

We all pay for our vacation and should be able to make it what we want it to be...within reason. Why should it bother you to see others in casual wear and you are all dressed up. I see you say that modern society is not classy anymore....like back in the day. What day are you talking about?? Back in the day, a family could afford to have one working head of household ...no more...especially in many parts of the country. Give us a break, we have to dress up to go to work every day and then be expected to do the same so you are not uncomfortable. Another consideration is that the airlines make it so difficult to pack many clothes, so find it easier to just forego the entire formal night scene. We should still be able to use the amenities of the ship even though we don't eat in the formal dining area.

I don't know why some people's vacations are so effected by other's dress. I am personally effected by their smoking, letting their children run loose and drunken behavior much more by what they are wearing. Those things show a lot less class but you don't mention those.

Well, happy cruising is all I can say .... I think others maybe should lighten up a bit...especially on this formal wear (non) issue.

Why, after so many people say they LOVE dressing up for formal nights, does everyone change back into their regular clothes as SOON as they are done with dinner, like it's a race or something? I personally like to enjoy the rest of my evening in my pretty clothes, and I don't feel like changing that many times a day. Hubby thinks otherwise, but I force him. Needless to say, I feel out of place because everyone else is so casual and we're walking around formal. Would it really kill you to wear a dress or suit for a few more hours? Modern society is just not classy anymore like it was back in the day!! People then would dress formally all the time, especially on a cruise, and now it seems to kill people after about 2 hours tops! Opinions?

1- Snoopy is one of the most inoffensive comic strip characters ever, you should take heed from your icon/screen name.

2- Back in the "Old society" when people were dressed up all the time thee classes were much more separated. Would you like all of us "clothes changers" to report to STEERAGE like in the movie Titanic?

3- Your fecal excrement smells just like the rest of ours does, so worry about yourself. As long as I comply with the DR dress request, how I dress the rest of the night is of no ones concern!

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree with the OP.

Whats IS the point of getting dressed for just an hour or two, then running back to change? Why not dress confortably to begin with and if its not with in the dress code of the evening dine in a different venue? Why put yourselves through all the suffering just to make an appearance?

Personally we dress for the evening, and on formal nights that means a FULL tux, or dinner jacket ensemble. Our clothing has been altered to fit correctly so it is confortable, and we see no reason to rush back to the cabin to change into our trailer trash outfits just to be comfortable..( I save my american flag thong and wife beater for the poolside activities ).

Dave:eek:

Not everyone....I put one my tux and wear it the whole night.....And I stay up very late.........;)

I have to agree with the OP.

Whats IS the point of getting dressed for just an hour or two, then running back to change? Why not dress confortably to begin with and if its not with in the dress code of the evening dine in a different venue? Why put yourselves through all the suffering just to make an appearance?

Personally we dress for the evening, and on formal nights that means a FULL tux, or dinner jacket ensemble. Our clothing has been altered to fit correctly so it is confortable, and we see no reason to rush back to the cabin to change into our trailer trash outfits just to be comfortable..( I save my american flag thong and wife beater for the poolside activities ).

Dave:eek:

So now those of us who choose to return to our cabins and change into casual clothes are now changing into "TRAILER TRASH" clothes!?!?!?!?

I don't CHANGE TO MAKE AN APPERANCE I change to EAT IN THE MAIN DR since that is what is asked of me. And my clothes fit just fine, I just PREFER casual clothes, that's all!

Hey, if I'm going to go that far to look great in my dress-- tan and all- you''l be seeing me all night in my formal dress- too much hassle to go change and I like to feel like a princess for at least a night or two. To each his own but formal night is Formal night all night long till my booty hits the bed:p

Archived