Category 9A obstructed on the Legend (5243)

woodward cruiser

The room certainly looks bigger in the diagram but is located right behind the elevators! We booked a 7A Gaurantee, which is obstructed and we were givin 5243! The size looks great, but I am concerned about the elevators and how bad the obstruction will be. Anyone stay in these rooms on any Spirit class ships to give me an idea of what to expect! Thanks in advance!!

I cannot give you an opinion on the specific cabin you are asking about but I stayed in the cabin right next door to the 9A on deck 7. No worries about the elevators. There is a little separate hallway that leads to those staterooms and it is very quiet. I did peek into the 9A and the room is much larger than a regular balcony. Couch is acrooss the room from the bed, more open space, same size bathroom as a regular balcony, but a much larger balcony. I think (but I am not sure) that the view is obstructed if you look down, but not straight ahead. Maybe someone else might know better about the view.

Don't change rooms! You will love it! We got upgraded on a B2B to 7299. The life boats are on the deck below you so you will not be blocked looking out from your balcony, just straight down. The rooms and balconies are much bigger. You won't hear the elevators. Sometimes before dinner you will hear people waiting for the elevators, but not much. The only problem with these rooms is that you won't want to go back to a regular balcony room. Click on the images below to see photos.

942657682_9Aclosets.jpg.a9b073b1a464f31f149da945883c748d.jpg

bal.jpg.75042d0740c56535f805cc6b325ebc31.jpg

1055065787_9Aroom.jpg.06c78de0015e2e8c24c5bf989e06448a.jpg

Thank you for the info and pictures. That room looks great. Now if I could find out what it is like on Deck 5, where the life boats are, I will be happy!! I also noticed on the map in the book, the balcony is longer but not as wide as the same rooms in the upper decks. Oh well, I am definitely not going to give up that room with its space and quiet hallway!!:D

• 1 year later...
Don't change rooms! You will love it! We got upgraded on a B2B to 7299. The life boats are on the deck below you so you will not be blocked looking out from your balcony, just straight down. The rooms and balconies are much bigger. You won't hear the elevators. Sometimes before dinner you will hear people waiting for the elevators, but not much. The only problem with these rooms is that you won't want to go back to a regular balcony room. Click on the images below to see photos.

I know this post is old, but we just booked cabin 5243 (9A) on the Spirit for a May '09 Alaska cruise, so I was wondering about these things, too.

Thanks for the pics! :)

• 10 months later...
Anyone tell me about Legend room 5243? What is the obstructioned view and is the elevator too noisey? Is it a problem?

Thanks,

Off topic. Is your last name Scholten? I'm Carol Scholtens! Grandfather from Holland. Rare name.

I'd like to book one of the obstructed balconies on Legend also as I go solo and need to save the money.

• 4 years later...

I have just booked cabin 5243 obstructed view on Carnival Spirit for the 30 April 14 South Pacific Cruise. I have done some research into this cabin, forum and calling Carnival Australia. I'm told the obstructed view is not a huge deal as the life boats are on deck 4, so you can see the roof of the tender, the view is still very good. If you search check out this youtube link

It shows you the exact room, according to the people in the video at least. This will be my wife and my first cruise with Carnival, I will be reporting back after the cruise is done.

Cheers Smarty60

I have just booked cabin 5243 obstructed view on Carnival Spirit for the 30 April 14 South Pacific Cruise. I have done some research into this cabin, forum and calling Carnival Australia. I'm told the obstructed view is not a huge deal as the life boats are on deck 4, so you can see the roof of the tender, the view is still very good. If you search check out this youtube link

It shows you the exact room, according to the people in the video at least. This will be my wife and my first cruise with Carnival, I will be reporting back after the cruise is done.

Cheers Smarty60

The video on youtube is correct, it is 5243 and is fabulous...we have have 6279 directly above your cabin, and loved it !

You are correct in that the balcony is the depth of a standard balcony, not an extended balcony (as the cabins above are), but it is just as long. You actually have 2 windows (only the balcony door/window was shown), but just to the left as he pans towards the balcony door, you can see the drapes, and the window is there.

Have a fabulous cruise !

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much Kathryn & Paul, my wife and I are very much looking forward to our Cruise on 30 Apr 14. It's for our wedding anniversary, so I decided to go a little bigger and better. Just missed out on the premium balcony, as they do go fast. Usually we cruise with P&O. It will be good to see the differences Carnival Spirit has to offer.

Cheers Smarty60:)