Best card for cruise points ?

Texas_firefighter

I'm sure this has been discussed before,but my search attempt just freezes and stays there. Can someone advise on their experience with which credit card is best for building points toward a cruise? Anything to help us get to cruise more. I am more interested in one that I am not bound to a particular line.Thanks.

Well, this doesnt sound like what you want then, but the RCL card gives you FREE 25,000 points to open the account. 25,000 points is enough to get either $150 OBC on Voyager out of Texas (I see you are in Texas) or its enough to upgrade FREE, you pay for a inside and get a free upgrade on a 7 day off season cruise to a OV. The upgrade to me is worth more than $150, but I like OVs, seems like Im in the minority on liking just a window to see out. I think you have to apply thru the link on the RCL page but the card is thru Bank of America who has my checking so its very convenient for me.

I have a credit card from Chase Bank that is a Visa. This is a Seamiles card that is good for any cruise line. The link is Seamiles.com. They give you points for all purchases and 3 times points for purchasing cruises using their own travel site. I used them to redeem $150 I earned for using this card. I had already booked my cruise when I found their site. Redeeming with easy, just a phone call and they mailed me a check. There is no black out periods or any dollar limit. This is why I chose them.;)

It seems there are too many restrictions on the cruiseline cards (certain travel agency, based on cabin you book (inside or outside or balcony etc.) and 1 point per dollar) other than NCL - NCL has a great card and you get a lot of points easily to use at any travel agent or direct with NCL... BUT you are tied to that line. I have used the cruiseline cards since 2000 starting back when Carnival had a great card but am so tired of always using the cruise lines that I have points with so I switched to a cash back card. That may not be as much money back as you could get in points but you could use it on any cruise line on any deal that comes across.... Debbie

Archived