10 yr anniversary cruise poll

rob6465

My wife and I will be celebrating our 10 yr anniversary in 2 yrs. Last September we went on our first cruise (Conquest) and we'll be on our 2nd on 9/21/08. What cruise would be ideal and why? Our anniversary falls on the 14th of July and we live in Texas. I want to take her somewhere different than a western caribbean cruise. Any suggestions ? Any ports that are WOW ?

My wife and I will be celebrating our 10 yr anniversary in 2 yrs. Last September we went on our first cruise (Conquest) and we'll be on our 2nd on 9/21/08. What cruise would be ideal and why? Our anniversary falls on the 14th of July and we live in Texas. I want to take her somewhere different than a western caribbean cruise. Any suggestions ? Any ports that are WOW ?

Have you considered Bermuda? Not sure if Carnival sails there, but probably the most beautiful islands I've ever seen.

As far as caribbean, Grand Cayman and St. John are on the tops of my list.

BTW, this is not really a poll. Please drop CCC1-7 a line if you need help setting one up.:D :p

Congrats on your impending anniversary.

In my opinion I liked the Eastern Caribbean better than the Western (mainly because the "Western" always seems to go to Mexico) and while I like Mexico it definately isn't my favorite. The Eastern cruises tend to go to St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and a few others. Several of these ports offer sunset dinner cruises too so that sounds romantic.

What about a Southern Caribbean to Barbados, Dominica, St. Kitts and St. Lucia (among others)?

Our 10th anniversary is this August. We looked at Hawaii, South Pacific, Panama Canal, and a bunch of others but couldn't fit those exotic ones into one week of vacation time. I ended up chatting with some great folks here that were just starting to plan a CC group cruise that happened to fall on our anniversary so we went for it! We're looking very forward to the trip!

Whatever you decide have a great cruise and a fabulous anniversary!

My DH and I are in our mid-late 40s but are married just three years now :rolleyes:.

We both would love to go to Alaska. We figure we need two weeks to do a land/sea trip to the west coast. We are thinking of doing this for our 10th anniversary.

Don't know if you want a warmer place but for us...we want to see Alaska.

Being that your anniversary is in July, the Southern Caribbean would be extrememly HOT! You could cruise out of New York to Bermuda and caribbean. You could also look into the Mediteranean. That is where a lot of the nice ships spend their Summer if not in Alaska. We did our tenth in the Mexican Riviera at Mazatlan. We renewed our vows there. It was wonderful. Good Luck with the planning!

:D Congrats!!!

We are doing Fantasy for our 30th in 09.

Main reason is we want to take the whole family (DS and DIL and DD AND my BF and her DH) and we can drive to New Orleans thus saving air fare) and can afford that.

I don't know what your options are as far as where you can leave from, how long you can be gone etc. Those will often time help narrow your choices. Do you have certain places that you want to go, or don't want to go?

Are you working with a TA or a PVP?

I love tropical locations, but love cruising. I have been to Bermuda and it is a WONDERFUL place to visit. I recommend it highly. Ship docks, you are free to come and go as you want, just like a hotel. Of course, if you want to visit several different ports, then that might not be what you want to do.

I also loved the Virgin Islands. LOVED them.

Too many cruises, not enough time ($$ actually ;)).

Good luck with your choice! and congrats again.

Cathy

Archived