Where is my Beach?

docksidr

Was in Barbados a number of years ago and on the advice of a ship's crew went to a beach that was located at a Holiday Inn or a Hilton, I am not sure. The beach was great and the surf was really good for body surfing. I think the hotel was refurbished or sold and reopened or something. I do remember it was a decent ride from the cruise dock. Can anyone help me out as I would like to go back there this trip?

Does Drill Hall Beach ring a bell? Its located near the Hilton in the Needham's Point area and is a good spot for boogie boarding and light surfing. If you google it, I'm sure you'll find all kinds of info. I think there are 3 beaches in that area, one of them being Carlisle Bay which is the calmest. Another one you may want to check out that's closer to to the pier is Accra Beach aka Rockley Beach. We chose to spend the day there. Great for body surfing. The waves were so much fun!

If I can think of any others, I'll let you know.

Good luck.

Does Drill Hall Beach ring a bell? Its located near the Hilton in the Needham's Point area and is a good spot for boogie boarding and light surfing. If you google it, I'm sure you'll find all kinds of info. I think there are 3 beaches in that area, one of them being Carlisle Bay which is the calmest. Another one you may want to check out that's closer to to the pier is Accra Beach aka Rockley Beach. We chose to spend the day there. Great for body surfing. The waves were so much fun!

If I can think of any others, I'll let you know.

Good luck.

Thanx SunSurf, sounds right, I will check it out

Was in Barbados a number of years ago ....

went to a beach that was located at a Holiday Inn or a Hilton, I'm not sure.

The beach was great and the surf was really good for body surfing.

I think the hotel was refurbished or sold and reopened or something.

I do remember it was a decent ride from the cruise dock.

-I would like to go back there this trip?

- a number of years ago, huh?

If the hotel site was nothing but a big ole construction site

then it could have been Barbados Hilton

probably unrecognizable in the recent photos shown below

Somehow I suspect though...that your body-surfing location

may have been Rockley Beach or Accra as the locals refer to it

in which case have a look at my Scenic Barbados webpage at

http://www.angelfire.com/wizard2/cncisland/bigships/scenes.html

to see if you recognise Accra - which is also,as you describe

more of 'a decent ride from the cruise dock'..than is Hilton.

Anyone know what the taxi charge and the time would be to get to Rockley Beach or Accra as the locals refer to it?

It was $20 US for two of us one way. I think it took us maybe 20/25 minutes..drove through town and some some sights along the way. Could you get a better price?? maybe. Could've been our fault for not asking before we got in the cab and started to make our way there. Not a big deal though, because it was well worth it. There's some restaurants and shops across the street from the beach and some local vendors as you enter the area. Lounge chairs are also available...I think for $5 each. Accra is not a long beach, but does have the type of waves you're looking for. I'll upload some pics for you tomorrow ( I'm having trouble my computer)

It was $20 US for two of us one way. I think it took us maybe 20/25 minutes..drove through town and some some sights along the way. Could you get a better price?? maybe. Could've been our fault for not asking before we got in the cab and started to make our way there. Not a big deal though, because it was well worth it. There's some restaurants and shops across the street from the beach and some local vendors as you enter the area. Lounge chairs are also available...I think for $5 each. Accra is not a long beach, but does have the type of waves you're looking for. I'll upload some pics for you tomorrow ( I'm having trouble my computer)

Did you have any problems with the return arrangements???

Archived