4 days in Barcelona too long?

Is four days in Barcelona too long? Some people enjoy a day or two off the ship there, but I booked four. My sister's friends spent three weeks there and almost didn't come home.

However, I am traveling with an infant and I'm concerned about getting around and all the crime.

Any suggestions on things to do, outside the normal schedule for 1-2 days of sightseeing???? What about a train to France for a day or two? That almost sounds more complicated....

Thank you!

Denise

We spent three nights after our cruise and probably two would have been fine. Ships disembark early and you are 10 minutes from Las Ramblas and most hotels. Had no problem with crime. The hop on bus makes it easy to get all around the city. Lots of shopping but of course our US$ makes bargains hard to find. Four days might be a bit too much..............Marty

I´ve spent a whole week in Barcelona and it wasn´t enough time. It´s totally up to you, what you enjoy to do and if a day in a city is enough time or not.

You didn´t say which month you´ll be travelling? If it´s spring or summer, you can still do a beach day, if the city gets to much for you. Barcelona has great parks, too, where you can go for a walk. The museums may not be too great when taking an infant, however, parc guell is still a possibility. Crime isn´t worse than in any big city, just make sure to only take with you, what you´ll need and follow the tips offered to avoid pickpockets and you should ´be fine.

I wouldn´t want to spent hours in a train to France when you are there for 4 days.

IMO it all depends how deep you want to "dig in to it". I think for the average tourist (w/o an infant in tow) three days would be max.

We stayed for three and left with a couple of placres yet to visit but we were excited and wanted to move on. . . . . .but three was ample, for us anyway.

CIAO, ;)

Barcelona has so much to see and do you can easily spend a week there. Rather than catch a train to France I would travel along the Spannish coast by train, there are some nice places to visit. If you want a theme park there is a Universal park near Salou. However, I am certain Barcelona will keep you and your infant busy with all its attractions.

Hi-we were in Barcelona 2 days post-cruise and in our opinion,one more day would have sufficed. If you're looking to travel a bit outside the city(I know you have an infant),you could always look into visiting Montserrat. It's about 45 min. away and is an absolutely beautiful spot.

We also used the hop-on,hop-off buses alot and just be vigilant about your belongings. We had no problems with pickpockets. Enjoy your stay! Shelly

One of the best days we spent while in Barcelona was a day trip to Sitges, a beautiful beach side town. The train ride was 35 minutes from the station at Passig de Gracia. You can rent a beach chair and there was a great tide pool for the little one to splash around in. There were also many restaurants along the beach. The Mediterranean Sea was clean, warm, and beautiful. Here are some pictures and a link.

651852653_medcruise7_30_06-078.jpg.3c56e684b3069b066114a6c12069529b.jpg

www.virtourist.com/europe/sitges

841775582_medcruise7_30_06-076.jpg.d5b96f74970ebfb3d49ce1e0804f8ffb.jpg

You should consider spending a day or two at Sitges, Castelldefels or another coastal town close to Barcelona. You can sightsee downtown for a day or two and then spend a few days lounging at the beach and relaxing (well, as much as you can relax with an infant). My husband is from Barcelona and we spend every summer there - the kids love it at the beach! It's close and probably will save you a bit of money over a Barcelona downtown hotel.

Archived