Ketchikan Excursions

bucsfan100

OK. Thanks to everyone that helped me plan our Sitka excursions. Now that that is done, I'm moving on to Ketchikan. 11 of us are traveling and probably half will do the zipline in Ketchikan. For those of us unable to do the ziplining, I have a couple of questions. First of all I need to plan for myself(41), my mother (an active 67), and 2 kids ages 7 and 11. I am interested in the Misty Fjord and Wilderness Explorer with Allen Marine. I am worried, though, that the kids will get bored and also that it will take up all of our time in Ketchikan and I won't be able to see anything else. We are only in port from 7am-1pm. My other thought is the Duck Tour and then some walking around in town. Any thoughts? Thanks alot!

"Aleutian Ballad" from Discovery Channel's show "Deadliest Catch" is another possibility, they pull up pots of crabs, prawns, and we even had an octopus in a trap. The crew lets you hold/touch creatures and then they are tossed back in so nothing is harmed. Usually a three hour trip.

"Aleutian Ballad" from Discovery Channel's show "Deadliest Catch" is another possibility, they pull up pots of crabs, prawns, and we even had an octopus in a trap. The crew lets you hold/touch creatures and then they are tossed back in so nothing is harmed. Usually a three hour trip.

Thats the one I want to do!...It looks awesome!

Kelly

OK. Thanks to everyone that helped me plan our Sitka excursions. Now that that is done, I'm moving on to Ketchikan. 11 of us are traveling and probably half will do the zipline in Ketchikan. For those of us unable to do the ziplining, I have a couple of questions. First of all I need to plan for myself(41), my mother (an active 67), and 2 kids ages 7 and 11. I am interested in the Misty Fjord and Wilderness Explorer with Allen Marine. I am worried, though, that the kids will get bored and also that it will take up all of our time in Ketchikan and I won't be able to see anything else. We are only in port from 7am-1pm. My other thought is the Duck Tour and then some walking around in town. Any thoughts? Thanks alot!

Bucsfan, my husband and I did the Misty Fjord & Wilderness Explorer a few years ago and we enjoyed it tremendously, however, I'll agree with you that your children will probably be bored with it.

The Duck Tour is a good idea for a 7 and 11 year old and also they would probably enjoy the Lumberjack Show. Another idea might be Saxman Native Village.

• 3 weeks later...
Bucsfan, my husband and I did the Misty Fjord & Wilderness Explorer a few years ago and we enjoyed it tremendously, however, I'll agree with you that your children will probably be bored with it.

The Duck Tour is a good idea for a 7 and 11 year old and also they would probably enjoy the Lumberjack Show. Another idea might be Saxman Native Village.

Brunolvr, we are considering the Misty Fjord & Wilderness tour, could you provide a little information about this one? Thanks

Archived