Disappointed in Carnival Conquest Music 1/6/2008

wendellchristian

After our second cruise on the Carnival Conquest ended last Sunday my wife and I was very disappointed with the music on board. Everyday the schedule had music listed for the mid ship pool only to have none. Last year we had island music everyday kinda setting the mood and getting the body moving, but this year was simply none. Bummer! The clubs on board was dead at night as well. It would have been a great cruise to read a book on! Everything else was great, the food was to die for and service second to none..:confused:

Was there bad weather forecasted or high winds? That seems odd... we had music on deck on our Conquest cruise... the band was out all the time... then again, we also had Blood Power in the lounges and at the deck parties, so we had the best music EVER!!! Sorry to hear that there wasn't any music and the clubs were dead... seems odd for the Conquest :(

Bummer! The island music is my favorite part. I do a little dance with a ding da ding for my DH WEEKS (months even, it's bad, LOL) before we go -- he makes fun of me but deep down I think he likes it :)

I'm sorry! I would be upset as well.

Nothing like Island music up on deck

After our second cruise on the Carnival Conquest ended last Sunday my wife and I was very disappointed with the music on board. Everyday the schedule had music listed for the mid ship pool only to have none. Last year we had island music everyday kinda setting the mood and getting the body moving, but this year was simply none. Bummer! The clubs on board was dead at night as well. It would have been a great cruise to read a book on! Everything else was great, the food was to die for and service second to none..:confused:
It sticks to not have music on the deck. Make me wonder if someone messed up and didn't have a band scheduled. Better luck next time.

Welcome to CC.

I was on that same cruise (Review coming this weekend). I know on Sunday they had the steel drums out there for a few hours, and I want to say I saw them out there on the first two sea days and people dancing to them (I can not say for sure because we were never at the mid pool area, we stuck to the sun pool and it may have been caned music). It would stink not having live music.

I second your opinion about the food and service. It was great. I hope that Mark Price found his pants after the show Saturday. :eek:

I was on that same cruise (Review coming this weekend). I know on Sunday they had the steel drums out there for a few hours, and I want to say I saw them out there on the first two sea days and people dancing to them (I can not say for sure because we were never at the mid pool area, we stuck to the sun pool and it may have been caned music). It would stink not having live music.

I second your opinion about the food and service. It was great. I hope that Mark Price found his pants after the show Saturday. :eek:

If you think real hard the steel drum was out there but never really played? On Tuesday we got out early and sat all day waiting for the music, after the surviver contest I asked the Ass. Cruise Directory why island music was not being played and she was going to check it out....

Nothing happened, then around 4PM going get some pizza on the back of the boat we found a huge party going on by the pool????????? Latter I was told that it was a private party and they could not annouce it??????

Last year Blood Power was on the conquest and need I say more!!!!

Does anyone know where Blood Power is at now?

Kudos to Carnival we did have a great time anyway....

Thanks

Wendell

Archived