What to do in the Bahamas with 2 and 5 yo???

KerCar

Hi!

I'm going to post something over on the Bahamas board, but figured I'd get a much better response over here. We'll be docked in Nassau for one day 9-3pm. I've got a 2 yo and a 5 yo. I was thinking of keeping it simple and getting a day pass from one of the hotels. But am open to other ideas, as well. Any suggestions???

The best place is Atlantis (my kids adore that place) BUT you aren't docked there long enough to be worth it. We go to Atlantis when the ship docks overnight.

So, my best advice is to head to the beach. Having kids, the most important thing is having a beach with facilities.

The best place is Atlantis (my kids adore that place) BUT you aren't docked there long enough to be worth it. We go to Atlantis when the ship docks overnight.

So, my best advice is to head to the beach. Having kids, the most important thing is having a beach with facilities.

Thanks Crusinmama,

Any suggestions for a good kid friendly beach or hotel where we can get a day pass???

I'll be honest and tell you that I had a hard time finding one for my friends when we were planning a group trip. The beach is called Cabbage Beach. It didn't have facilities for the kids so they ended up going to Atlantis with us.

I have seen posts about Pirate Museums in Nassau that the kids like. And also we've been on dolphin encounters there. The only problem is I *think* Blue Lagoon in Nassau starts at 3, not 2 (Freeport Bahamas allows 2 year olds)

I know I asked about a family friendly beach on the Nassau board. And I didn't really get a definite response

Here is a link that I sent to my friends...things to do in Nassau

http://www.caribbeanportreviews.com/NassauBahamas.htm

Thanks Crusinmama!

We're also going to be stopping at Port Canaveral on this trip. I was thinking about taking the kids to Cocoa beach for the day. If you've been there, I'd love to get your opinion of this beach.

Any other info on Pt Canaveral or the Bahamas from anyone is greatly appreciated.

When we were in Nassau we took the #1 Bus (Jitney) to the Wyndham Resort. It costs $1 per person each way. I caught the bus by the McDonalds off of George Street. The bus travels past the Wyndham regularly so it is easy to catch one back. When I went it was free to use the beach. I hear they now charge $15 per person, but I would still do it. There are lounge chairs and a pool with a waterslide. There is an outside bar and food area. Also, there are wave runners, parasailing and a banana boat ride for an additional fee. On one occassion when we went, my son was 3 and he had a great time in the ocean.

When we were in Nassau we took the #1 Bus (Jitney) to the Wyndham Resort. It costs $1 per person each way. I caught the bus by the McDonalds off of George Street. The bus travels past the Wyndham regularly so it is easy to catch one back. When I went it was free to use the beach. I hear they now charge $15 per person, but I would still do it. There are lounge chairs and a pool with a waterslide. There is an outside bar and food area. Also, there are wave runners, parasailing and a banana boat ride for an additional fee. On one occassion when we went, my son was 3 and he had a great time in the ocean.

Thanks for the input! I've read some pretty positive things about the Wyndham/Sheraton on the Bahamas board as well.

Thanks Crusinmama!

We're also going to be stopping at Port Canaveral on this trip. I was thinking about taking the kids to Cocoa beach for the day. If you've been there, I'd love to get your opinion of this beach.

Any other info on Pt Canaveral or the Bahamas from anyone is greatly appreciated.

Yep we stayed at Coco Beach post cruise one year. It is a beautiful area. Very family friendly

Archived