renewal of vowes help!

cheermom4

my husband and i are taking our first cruise on may 18th and i really want6 to renew our vows. we are going on the victory and the prices they give you are outragouse i asked them if i can do something a little less extravagent and the person i spoke to said no these are our packages and thats all we offer. i would prefer to get re married on a port maybe before having to go back on the ship or even in miami the day before we leave. i dont want to spend a whole lot of money and for 385.00 i thought that was alot for what i was looking for. what am i going to do with a 2 tier cake ther are only the 4 of us and i thought i could purchase one of the other cakes they offer for 9.00. any ways im looking for suggetions from any one of where t go what we can do for a very small budget. dont need a dj,or big wedding cake,or keep sake flutes or flowers , any ways any help will be greatly appreciated.

My sister and brother in law renewed their vows while cruising. And it didn't cost a cent more than they wanted to pay. She bought a very special formal dress that he never saw in advance, he rented a really great tux. She made 2 bouquets, one for herself and one for me. And she made a boutineer for him. They recorded their favorite music onto a cd and used a small boombox to play it on. When we boarded the ship, we walked around looking for a beautiful, out of the way place to hold the ceremony. They each wrote their own vows to say to each other.

Now the stage is set. It was on formal night. He got dressed and left the room. taking the boom box with him. He went to "the" spot. She finished getting dressed, then she and I went to "the" spot. I went in first, turned on the music and then she came in. They stood together and said there vows to each other. All the while, I was taking pictures for them. After that, they danced in the moonlight to "their" song. Later that night, we all had "wedding" photos taken by the ships photographers. They were actually the pictures they took for everyone else on formal night, but we had bouquets, and they look like wedding photos. We then went to the dining room, ordered champagne for the table and had a great party with all our new friends.

Honestly? Check out your role call. We ended up helping out a couple on our recent Sun cruise. My friend Susan was recently ordained an interfaith minister, and we were able to help them set up a really lovely ceremony for no money at all. You never know who is going to be on board ship with you. :)

I feel for you. When DW and I went on our first cruise in Sept. it was partially to celebrate our tenth anniversary. We thought it would be neat to have the captain remarry us at sea. Like you, we decided it wasn't $385 worth of neat.:(:eek:. We didn't spend that much on our wedding! We just went to the church one Sat. morning with our immediate family and a couple of friends, and 20 minutes later we were hitched! Of course the day before we had bought our house, so we were about out of cash anyway.

Have a great cruise!

JHC

I'd save the $385 and do it all yourself, silk flowers & music. Write your own vows. You're already married, I'd do it on a beach when you're on an island and you'll have that romantic memory. I got married on the beach at Megan's Bay in St. Thomas and I will remember that more than anything...The waves crashing behind us as we looked into eachother's eyes...Then take full advantage of the ships pictures on formal night where your clothes from your renewal ceremony & spend that money you saved on pictures.

If you renew on the ship for the $385.00 - what all is included? Do you know? I'd like to renew on the ship in Miami before it sails.

Our friends got married on the ship Feb 2007 - the wedding group was all able to get on the ship early to attend the wedding, which was around 1:30 or so. They also had the dance lounge open for the reception. It was a wonderful time.

Just curious what all was offered for the $385.00 Thanks!:cool:

the captain performing the ceramoy

2 tier cake

2 flute glasses& sparkling wine

my flowers and his flower

1 8x10

i just dont need all that stuff when i can buy a cake for 9.00 and buy my own flowers and take our own pictures

Honestly? Check out your role call. We ended up helping out a couple on our recent Sun cruise. My friend Susan was recently ordained an interfaith minister, and we were able to help them set up a really lovely ceremony for no money at all. You never know who is going to be on board ship with you. :)

:cool: :cool: This was my thought exactly. The roll calls are not only a wealth of information but also a wealth of individuals. You never who is out there - we just connected with people - the husband was an Emergency Manager with 9-11 and Katrina - my husband looks after Emergency Management -training communities in Northern Ontario for disasters, evacuations,etc. Already have something in common. Go for it. :cool: :cool:

Seriously - do you really need to renew your vows? You are obviously happily married. Why give others money, which is all it is, an opportunity to give away money to other people for this ceremoney. Why not spend the money on yourselves and have a couple of friends with you while you renew your vows if you really haveto. After all, you've been married happily for ages, why do you need to renew?

Archived