Coral World - Is it worth it?

melgray13

I'm looking for opinions from those that have been to Coral World. Is it worth the trip? What's the best way to see it? The Ship? On your own? Private Tour?

Thanks

I've been to St. Thomas many times and the first time I went, I went to CW. I loved it, plus the free beach next door. It was really nice. I suggest you do it on your own, plus look at the Coral World site, they offer a coupon off. http://www.coralworldvi.com/

Get a cab that's outside of the cruise dock, they'll take you there.

The beach that is next to Coral World is Coki. It is very easy to get to Coki and Coral World by cab. Or if your ship offers an excursion to Coki- you can combine the two ( using the coupon for the discount). Coki has good snorkeling and a snack bar but it does get a bit crowded at times

We haven't been there yet but planning on going in 2 months. We have a 6yr old daughter and our plan is to get a taxi first thing in the AM to Coki Beach, lay out and beach snorkel while it isn't so crowded. Then head into Coral World around noonish to see some of the afternoon feedings and look at all the fish/animals. Depending on how long we are there, we will either go to Sapphire Beach (15min away) for the rest of the afternoon or if we are sick of the beach, head up to a look out site for pictures and then go shopping downtown.

I looked into a million excursions here but after a few cruises, have realized we much prefer going at our own pace anyway. We will give a full report when we get back!

Coral World is ok for a one time gig. Its a small aquarium with a few reptiles and a stingray petting pool thrown in. But like heatherandfred said, its easy to do it by yourself and you'll save money. But its very convenient to have the beach next door. And they have a souvenir shop strategically placed so that you have to walk through it to exit. But they have some cheap little trinkets there. The snorkeling (well, the fish-feeding) there was pretty cool. They sell dog biscuits (and rent chairs) on the beach to feed the fish. They also have lockers and a bathroom.

Look out for the iguanas!

Has anybody done this at Coarl World? :confused: Is that worth it? Since there isn't an option for swiming with dolphins in St. Thomas? I have a friend that was thinking of doing it, but we have since learned that this is not offered on St. Thomas, and were looking at the Sea Lions.

Archived