Passport pic

DreaminofMexico

So I just went and had my picture taken for my passport. What are the requirements for a picture? I heard it had to be basically your head filling the whole pic. Well my head is small and there is a lot of white in the background and like my pic only fills up 1/2 the pic......hope that makes sense. But a friend of mine just got his passport and his whole head filled up the pic....so I'm wondering if this will pass or if I should get it redone?:mad:

Where did you get the pic taken at? Most places that do passport pictures like walgreens, rite-aid, know the requirement. When you turn in your application along with the picture, the clerk should be able to tell you if your picture is appropiate.

These are the requirements as written on the Department of State's website http://travel.state.gov/passport/guide/faq/faq_881.html

How big must the photos be?

The photos must measure exactly 2 inches by 2 inches.

What pose should the photos show?

The photo should show a clear, front view, full face of the customer. The customer should be in normal street attire, without hat or dark glasses against a plain white or off-white background. The customer should have a natural expression, mouth closed, and eyes open and looking directly ahead. Photos in which the face of the person being photographed is not in focus will not be accepted.

How big should the head be in the photo?

The customer''s head, measured from the bottom of the chin to the top of the hair, should be between 1 inch and 1-3/8 inches. The head should be centered in the photo. The head of the person being photographed should not be tilted up, down or to the side. It should cover about 50% of the area of the photo.

My friend got photos taken at the post office near her house, and had to turn the application in at a different post office. They rejected the picture because her face was to low on the paper. They had a little pattern they looked at and only about 1/2 her head showed inside the pattern. BUMMER!

I had my PP photo taken at WalMart. Cheap enough, and acceptable. Word to the wise: If you have eyeglasses on in the picture, you better save them. if you're now wearing contacts, put on the glasses when the agent is looking you over. Or, take them off when you take the picture. Same thing goes with beards and mustaches. Some of the TSA and US agents can get picky.....

I had my PP photo taken at WalMart. Cheap enough, and acceptable. Word to the wise: If you have eyeglasses on in the picture, you better save them. if you're now wearing contacts, put on the glasses when the agent is looking you over. Or, take them off when you take the picture. Same thing goes with beards and mustaches. Some of the TSA and US agents can get picky.....

Oh Crap! I just had Lasik surgery

I just got my passport in 2006, will they require me to have another picture taken?

Archived