Anyone want to join me??

MiamiNicole

Sorry Connie! Someone else said they like it, that's why I started mentioning them again plus, I was concerned about the weight gain and needed help sorting that out in my mind. The excersize is a big part of the picture. I know I tend to be a little over the edge in that department so I tend to be quiet about that stuff, except with those that do the same sort of stuff. No, I'm not the only one out there. I'll shut up now. :)

Miriapad, that's great that you've lost 4 pounds already!! I think that most of the group here does weigh in on Sundays. I weigh in on Tuesday, because it was a Tuesday that I started I wanted a full week between weigh ins, especially the first one. But that's just me and no on has complained about my off day weigh ins.

I'm so sorry that Regina is sick again! I hope she gets better soon!

Well, we have lots of snow today but it's supposed to be dry tomorrow. Of course, the weather man didn't mention anything about snow today, so who know?

Have a good Saturday everyone!

Good Morning everyone,

Runner Ann, please don't stop telling us about your workouts, It really does help motivate me!! I haven't been to the gym since Tuesday because of the ice storm and kids home etc.!! We did go skiing again last night, that is good exercise.
Regina , hope you feel better soon, we will miss you.
Maria, 4 pounds, that is awesome. Everyone usually weighs on Sunday, but I decided I am going to start on Friday, if I am ever going to spluge it will be on Friday or Sat night, so I like to weigh on Friday. I forgot to post it yesterday, but I was 165, I think I was 168 or 167 last week, I know I am down!!
Hope you all have a great weekend. Connie

Hi all I guess Ill post mine on Tuesday this week ( I started on MOnday officially)since thats my first night back to work. The home computer is well so frigging anti virus, anti spam, anti theft and every other anti whatever craziness my bf's eccentric a$$ can put on it...You need 3 passwords before you can get to a screen Plus he makes me run this 45 minute scan thing before I even turn it on!So I no longer bother

Runner girl keep up those exercise routines!!!! I m officailly in winter hybernation
I dont go out unless its to moms or work. Im not cold weather friendly

I don't like the cold weather either, but interestingly, when I started running and getting outside more in the winter, they started bothering me less. I know that seems illogical. Perhaps it is more sun exposure (albeit through layers of clouds) makes me feel better.

Weather seems to be pretty mild today for January so we should be okay for the big training run. Yesterday was a rest day. No excersize. I did watch my granddaughter for a few hours. That is so much fun! I thought I was going to get my tree down yesterday. That d#@& tree has to come down today. At least it's artificial and not dropping needles all over!

Good Morning,

We just got our decorations down, now my DH still has lights up (remember he is Griswald) and he wants to go on the roof today and get them down, but we still have ice and snow on the roof from the storm on Wednesday!! He is nuts:mad:

I just got back from the gym, finally made it!! I did ski again Friday and Saturday night, still not going to the big hills. DH is bugging me to.
Even thought I am officially weighing in on Fridays now, I did get on the scale this morning and was very happy , down another pound (164)
Connie

April 2004: 159
Start of REAL diet on this board! (9-22-04): 149
Last Sunday: 129
Today: 126
Original Goal (by 12-16-04): 135
Goal After I Reach the Realistic Goal: 125

I'm back on track!

I love reading about everyone's workouts, so don't stop! I can't figure out all the problems with my computer, so be patient with me! My posts will be on when I can. I'm getting frustrated! Is a new computer in my future? Hmmmm.......

You all are doing great! Keep up the FABULOUS work! I'm proud of you all!
Connie.....Keep Mr. Griz off the roof until the ice is gone! ;)

Big Hugs all!

Good Morning

Kelly, way to get back on track!! I hope you get your computer working soon, they are great but when there is problems it is frustrating!! I managed to keep Mr. Griz off the roof, he wasn't happy.
Hope you all have a great day, I am off to take the kids to school and then the gym! Connie

Great weigh in today, ladies! Down 4.2 from last week. I knew that bounce up was just blip in the screen because I'd been so good but I hated seeing that number go up. I've averaged just a little over 1 pound lost per week. It's hard not to let those fluctuations derail you.

11/30/2004 145
12/7/2004 142.6
12/14/2004 138
12/21/2004 136.6
12/28/2004 137.4
01/04/2005 139.6
01/11/2005 135.4 :D

We did our 20 miler on Sunday, then proceeded to go to the bar and throw darts and drink beer. Some recovery, huh? So, my tree is still up. Went swimming yesterday and ran 6 this morning. I'll keep on chugging but what I'd really like to do is take a nap!

Now that I only have 5.4 pounds to go and would really like it off by 2/25, I'm going to have to be really careful. Those last pounds seem to be the most stubborn!

[font=Arial Narrow]Good to see everyone on track. I feel better, but still have a linguring cough which is quite annoying. Here's a little bit of info for anyone wanting not to slow down their metabolic rate. I thought it was interesting.[/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow]Here is the first step to keeping your metabolic rate up. Make
sure that your diet contains at least 10 calories per pound of your
ideal body weight. This means that if you are aiming for a weight
of 150 pounds, your daily menu should contain at least 1500
calories. Weight loss will be gradual, but you will not slow your
metabolism and so, you will be able to retain your progress.[/font]
[font=Arial Narrow]Regina[/font]

[font=Arial Narrow][/font]

Nice job Maria!

Regina, thanks for the words of wisdom. It is so true that you must eat to keep the furnace cooking. It's a delicate balance!

We went to an estate planning seminar last night and they fed us a nice dinner, but we had no choice, we got what they gave us. It was chicken piccata and delicious but I'm not used to so much butter! DH and I have been away from that stuff for so long, we are really sensitive to it. I only ate 1/2, let them take away the rest.

Good Morning,

Great job Maria!!
Regina-thanks for the info!! Hope you are feeling better.
Ann-Good job only eating half!! It is funny how our bodies and taste buds change, I ate a potato chip from my sons plate yesterday and it tasted to greasy and salty!! I guess that is progress because chips have always been my downfall.
Connie

Maria, the first few weeks are the hardest. After that, you start to get used to it and it's not so bad. Hang in there!

Yesterday, I had one of those hungry days. I just couldn't get over being hungry. Between just needing more points yesterday than I had and being a few points over Tuesday becuase of that buttery meal, I now have 6 points to make up by Monday night. I should be able to do it, I already have a strategy. Yesterday, I just needed to eat a few extra points, that's all there was to it.

I am sort of back. Haven't read all the posts since I last posted, but I'll get there.
I had all sorts of good intentions but... not having connectivity in our cabin got me out of the CruiseCritic habit for a while, and I have slowly been getting back into it.

On the cruise, I did do some exercise! I went to enough sessions to earn a ShipShape hat. Mostly stretching classes in the morning followed by walking a mile around the top deck. Not phenomenal, but at least it was something. Toward the end of the cruise, when I was trying to get as many points as possible, I actually tried to do an aerobics class (Only certain events/classes during the day could earn you points). They were going way too fast for me!
Since coming back, I have tried to get in some exercise with Leslie Sansone's walking tapes. I don't always get enough time, but at least I now try to get one in every few days; before the cruise it wasn't even on my radar.

I went back to Weight Watchers today for the first time since my cruise. I don't know where I gained the pounds, the cruise, the holidays or all the junk food at work, but they are back and I need to get RID of them. The person who weighed me in was very nice and asked if I was a lifetime member. I WISH. I will post my weight on Sunday. Not ready to see that number in print yet. :(

I'll go read your posts now, and catch up. And then I promise to check in regularly like a good girl!
Mindy

Hey Mindy! Welcome back! Well, weight gain on a cruise and over the holidays isn't unusual. You've already won 1/2 the battle by going to ww and facing the scale. Now that you've done that, you can concentrate on getting back on track and moving on. It's good you are getting some excersize in a few times a week. That is key!

Connie, I don't know what it was. One of my co-workers said the same thing Wedsnesday. She just couldn't get enough to eat. Yesterday was better, but still hungry. Well, I managed to make up one of the 6 points I was over. 5 to go. I am hoping to make up 2 today. Won't try tomorrow since I don't excersize tomorrow at all, I'll need every point! It seems like I am always in the hole with those $#%#@ points and am making some up. I think the thing I am most looking forward to on vacation is that I will not be counting!! There's no doubt in my mind that I will gain some weight on vacation. Sometimes I get sick of the constant obsessing over calories in/calories out just to maintain a healthy weight :mad: Oh well, I could have much worse problems than this ;).

Good Morning,

Welcome back Mindy!! I am sure I will gain on my cruise to, I am with you Ann, I won't be counting either. The main thing is to get right back on track.
I weighed in today
start 12/26-167
last week 165
today 163
I will take it!! I would love a bigger number, but I have till June for my cruise, I can afford to go slow.
Hope you all have a great weekend. Connie

Thanks Maria!!

Well, I did not do so hot yesterday, we went out to eat at a BBQ place, I did not eat as much as normal, but more than I should, plus I had a giant beer (it was lite:p ) but I am back on track today, I just got back from the gym, ran 2 1/2 miles and walked 1 1/2, now we are going skiing for a few hours. Hope you all have a great day. Connie

Good job Connie! Down 4 pounds since Christmas! That's great. Slow weightloss is healthy and lasting weightloss. As for the BBQ and beer, sounds like you'll burn it off today. Hey, ya gotta live between vacations ;)

As for me, I did 'okay' the last few days but am having a hard time making up the overages from my HUNGRY days earlier in the week. I still have 7 points to make up but think today is the day because I ran 12 miles then when I got home, immediately picked up the shovel and shoveled the 3" of snow that fell while I was running off our driveway! I don't get the 'snackies' when I am at home as much as when I am at work. So, today is the day to make it up I've decided. I'll be hungry tomorrow.

Archived