New Gift for Platinum Members

bonniemari

We were on the Fantasy for our New Years Eve cruise and were surprised (and pleased) to receive thermos (sp?) with the Carnival Logo as our Platinum gift instead of the Carnival Tote bag. I have quite the collection of tote bags now (about 8) so it was nice to get something different.

Also instead of one gift we received 2. Both my DH and I are Platinum and usually only receive the one bag for both of us. Now I guess I can start my collection of thermos.

SHOUT OUT TO LHP-Just wanted to say thanks for the business. My DH said it was such a pleasure to meet your DH. Hope you enjoy your new washer.

I was on the Valor and I got the bag. Both my husband and I are Platinum and, at first, we only got one bag. I asked my stateroom attendent about a bag for both of us. He called his supervisor and was told only one bag per stateroom.

So I went to the purser's desk. I told her I didn't think it was fair...we were both platinum so we should each get a bag. I used the example of what if there were two friends (not a married couple) sharing a cabin and they were both platinum? Shouldn't each of them get a bag? She agreed with me and gave me the other bag. It wasn't so much about having two bags, it was more the principle. If both people are platinum, both should get the gift.

Now...did we need two orders of canapes or petifours (sp?)...no. We hardly eat those anyway. But the bags are quite useful. We each used a bag to carry our towel while in port. One bag won't hold two towels along with our other items.

I was glad to see something different. I was being to think I was going to need a seperate closet just for my Carnival tote bags.

For some reason we did receive petit fours, hors de voures or strawberries 4 out of the 5 nights. I think 2 were from Carnival, one from CVC and the other might have been from The Ocean Players Club but we also got a photo coupon from the OPC so I'm not sure where all 2 extras came from. All 4 cards just said from Carnival.

I was on the Valor and I got the bag. Both my husband and I are Platinum and, at first, we only got one bag. I asked my stateroom attendent about a bag for both of us. He called his supervisor and was told only one bag per stateroom.

So I went to the purser's desk. I told her I didn't think it was fair...we were both platinum so we should each get a bag. I used the example of what if there were two friends (not a married couple) sharing a cabin and they were both platinum? Shouldn't each of them get a bag? She agreed with me and gave me the other bag. It wasn't so much about having two bags, it was more the principle. If both people are platinum, both should get the gift.

Now...did we need two orders of canapes or petifours (sp?)...no. We hardly eat those anyway. But the bags are quite useful. We each used a bag to carry our towel while in port. One bag won't hold two towels along with our other items.

Shaking head in amazement.......

In November my mother and I both recieved visors the second night, and totes the last night on a 4 night trip. We're on the Fantasy in about 2 weeks, I hope we get the thermos!

Is that all you get for 10 cruises? I'll be going on #4 next January and a simple thermo, a tote bag or a visor is all you get?

Is that all you get for 10 cruises? I'll be going on #4 next January and a simple thermo, a tote bag or a visor is all you get?

No there is a lot more perks for being a Platinum member. Just do a search and there is a long list.

Just to name a few tho-VIP embarkation/debarkation, free wash and fold service, one entry into slot or blackjack tournament and personailzed stationary.

berniez: the wash and fold for laundry service. we've used it several times, pretty much anything you'd wash in the washer at home is safe.

sh442olds: platinum status is based on how many cruises, not the length of them. once your board your 10th cruise you get your platinum cards and perks.

What exactly is free wash and fold service. We have seen this listed as a perk for Platinum members. My wife and I will be Platinum members next cruise. My wife wanted to know exactly what that means.

Bernie

At least once each cruise your laundry is done at no charge. It is washed & folded only, not pressed or ironed.

We were told that we could fill up one bag each and every single day and that's exactly what we did!!! With four people in one cabin, it was great...

As long as we had it ready by 11am every morning our Room Steward had it back to us when he came to make up the cabin at night.

As long as you have at least one Platinum Member in a cabin you can use the service.... My upcoming cruise, my 17 year old daughter, who is also a Platinum Member, will be in a different cabin than us with her 2 friends and they will also be allowed to fill up one bag every day....

LOVE THAT PERK.... AND the priority boarding....

We have never used the wash and fold. Can someone tell me , if my husband and I are split up in 2 cabins will they allow this for each cabin? Is there a limit ( fill up a bag)? Thanks

If you and your husband are both Platinum, and at least on paper, in two different cabins, then YES, you will be allowed to use the free laundry service...

Shaking head in amazement.......

Why? Because both my husband and I are platinum and I believe we both deserve a bag? We both paid for 10 or more cruises so we should both get a bag (technically, I have 2 more cruises than him). Like I said, one bag doesn't hold two towels along with our other beach items.

What if I was on a cruise with a friend and we were both platinum? Who gets the gift?...me or her? We are both platinum status, so we should both get the gift.

Royal Caribbean does it that way. One gift for each guest in the room. Yes...I know this isn't Royal Caribbean, but it makes sense that each person that has reached a certain level should be rewarded as an individual....not as a "cabin".

I was glad to see something different. I was being to think I was going to need a seperate closet just for my Carnival tote bags.

For some reason we did receive petit fours, hors de voures or strawberries 4 out of the 5 nights. I think 2 were from Carnival, one from CVC and the other might have been from The Ocean Players Club but we also got a photo coupon from the OPC so I'm not sure where all 2 extras came from. All 4 cards just said from Carnival.

We got a photo coupon also and I thought it had come from being platinum. Although the cashier didn't know why we got it, he said it wasn't from being platinum. He thought maybe it was sent from my TA. Well...I know thats not true because I AM my TA and I didn't give myself a photo coupon....LOL Maybe it did come from the Ocean Players Club?

That's just bad business. They couldnt give you 1 more piece of crap bag that cost them nickles to make???

You would think they would hand you another bag and a big thank you..:confused:

So now, for a few nickles, Carnival has 2 platinum cruisers with a sour taste in their throats. I know it's not a big deal to you, but it's the principle...the little things that make you say...huh?? :rolleyes:

That's just bad business. They couldnt give you 1 more piece of crap bag that cost them nickles to make???

You would think they would hand you another bag and a big thank you..:confused:

So now, for a few nickles, Carnival has 2 platinum cruisers with a sour taste in their throats. I know it's not a big deal to you, but it's the principle...the little things that make you say...huh?? :rolleyes:

Actually, this worked better for us because our family of four are all Platinum (hubby, myself and 2 boys) and when they started this program we got FOUR bags every time.

I thought that was wasteful. Since Platinum members do have the option of going to the Purser's desk and getting another one if they want it...one per cabin is fine!!

Archived