New Gift for Platinum Members

bonniemari

does carnival give you your platinum status even if you only do 3,4,5, day cruises just curious or does it go by total day count

Every cruise counts towards Platinum Even a 2 day cruise to no where will count as one cruise

Why? Because both my husband and I are platinum and I believe we both deserve a bag? We both paid for 10 or more cruises so we should both get a bag (technically, I have 2 more cruises than him). Like I said, one bag doesn't hold two towels along with our other beach items.

What if I was on a cruise with a friend and we were both platinum? Who gets the gift?...me or her? We are both platinum status, so we should both get the gift.

Royal Caribbean does it that way. One gift for each guest in the room. Yes...I know this isn't Royal Caribbean, but it makes sense that each person that has reached a certain level should be rewarded as an individual....not as a "cabin".

It's nice that they do anything for Platinum..... Frequent Guest Recognition programs are everywhere in the travel industry because people want to be recognized for their loyalty...... But to be on a cruise, when you are trying to relax and have a nice time, and enjoying a week off with your husband, and you get so upset over a second tote bag that is just going to end up on the floor of a closet somewhere with all your other tote bags that TA's get as promotional items, seems awfully silly, when you can be taking deep calming breaths of the ocean and enjoying the warm Caribbean air.... Just my opinion.....

It's nice that they do anything for Platinum..... Frequent Guest Recognition programs are everywhere in the travel industry because people want to be recognized for their loyalty...... But to be on a cruise, when you are trying to relax and have a nice time, and enjoying a week off with your husband, and you get so upset over a second tote bag that is just going to end up on the floor of a closet somewhere with all your other tote bags that TA's get as promotional items, seems awfully silly, when you can be taking deep calming breaths of the ocean and enjoying the warm Caribbean air.... Just my opinion.....

First off...yes...it is nice that they do something for frequent guests. My point is, every person earned that "gift"....not just one.

Second...I didn't need to take deep calming breaths. Nowhere did I say I was "upset". I asked my steward about it because I thought it was a mistake. I didn't ask him to call his supervisor, he did it before I even knew what he was doing. I didn't go down to the pursers desk and make a big deal out of it. I stopped by when I was in the area. I asked the girl for another bag and she gave it to me. Done. It took less than 5 minutes out of my relaxing week with my husband.

As far as promotional items that I get as a TA. I work part time out of my home. I don't get any promotional things....zip, nada. So I don't have a bunch of totes sitting on the floor of my closet.

(As far as enjoying the warm Caribbean air...we were going thru a cold front and it was drizzly and cold that day. It was an indoor activities type of day.:p )

Actually, this worked better for us because our family of four are all Platinum (hubby, myself and 2 boys) and when they started this program we got FOUR bags every time.

I thought that was wasteful. Since Platinum members do have the option of going to the Purser's desk and getting another one if they want it...one per cabin is fine!!

I am Diamond with RCCL and if we get something that we already have a enough of (the toiletry bag comes to mind), we just give them back to the steward.

That's just bad business. They couldnt give you 1 more piece of crap bag that cost them nickles to make???

You would think they would hand you another bag and a big thank you..:confused:

So now, for a few nickles, Carnival has 2 platinum cruisers with a sour taste in their throats. I know it's not a big deal to you, but it's the principle...the little things that make you say...huh?? :rolleyes:

Its all good! They did give me the 2nd bag. It didn't leave me with a sour taste. I hadn't even given it a second thought until this subject came up. I was just sharing my story and opinion.

The cruise was wonderful...our steward, our waitstaff, and every staff member that we came across was great! One day the weather wasn't so great, but Carnival can't control that...lol Actually, thats not entirely true...the captain did sail a bit out of the normal path to help avoid the worst of the cold front..so I guess Carnival can control the weather!

I was on the Valor and I got the bag. Both my husband and I are Platinum and, at first, we only got one bag. I asked my stateroom attendent about a bag for both of us. He called his supervisor and was told only one bag per stateroom.

So I went to the purser's desk. I told her I didn't think it was fair...we were both platinum so we should each get a bag. I used the example of what if there were two friends (not a married couple) sharing a cabin and they were both platinum? Shouldn't each of them get a bag? She agreed with me and gave me the other bag. It wasn't so much about having two bags, it was more the principle. If both people are platinum, both should get the gift.

Now...did we need two orders of canapes or petifours (sp?)...no. We hardly eat those anyway. But the bags are quite useful. We each used a bag to carry our towel while in port. One bag won't hold two towels along with our other items.

We were on the Liberty in October and both my husband and I received a tote bag.

Hey Bonnie. I am glad you received a different gift. Plus two to boot. Woo!!

I have a friend who is Platinum and they gave me one of their bags. I truly love it too. I used on our cruise. They gave Jeff an Ocean Players Club shirt. He loves it too.

When do you get the key chains? They also gave me one of them but I played with it so much twisting and turning it I broke it. lol

We did get the chocolate covered strawberries and the photo coupon from OPC.

Hey Bonnie. I am glad you received a different gift. Plus two to boot. Woo!!

I have a friend who is Platinum and they gave me one of their bags. I truly love it too. I used on our cruise. They gave Jeff an Ocean Players Club shirt. He loves it too.

When do you get the key chains? They also gave me one of them but I played with it so much twisting and turning it I broke it. lol

We did get the chocolate covered strawberries and the photo coupon from OPC.

Hey Selena good to hear from you.

I might have a keychain or two around here, I will check and if I do you are more than welcome to it. Email me and I will drop it in the mail to you.

I got a t-shirt from OPC because I actually made it to the finals of the first slot tournament. Needless to say in the finals guess who had the next to the lowest score? That would be me.

My husband and I just got back last night from the Imagination. This was our 13th cruise and we were pleased to get the thermoses. I have 7 tote bags!

We also got key chains. They delivered desserts and appetizers to our cabin.

We were able to board the ship first and were the first to get off. It is great being Platinum!!

One of the new Platinum/Concierge gifts (the thermos) is now posted on eBay. I just noticed it earlier today. You can search 'Carnival' and 'Thermos' to find it.

Hey Don, long time no hear.

So what are your plans for Oct. 25, 2008?

Are you in, or are you out?

Marylou and Dan, and Cheryl and Rich are in.

Hey, we are almost half way to our Platinum status. YEA.....

My wife just got off the Holiday yesterday and got the thermos. FYI, the thermos is sold in the Gift Shop for $14 without the carrying case. Now I have something to put the alcohol in for our next trip. Thanks Carnival. :)

Dave

I am going on the Sensation in 2 weeks and really was hoping for a tote bag,Boo-Hoo!!! My Mom is platinum and said she would give me hers as i won't be platinum until October on Legend.Anyone that has a closet full ,interested in selling one? I am a tote bag collector and really,really wanted one.

The Thermos looks nice but I will be a first time Platinum member in 6 days and was looking forward to the tote bag. Whatever we get I will be happy but since my husband and myself are both first time Platinum members I do expect two gifts..

I am going on the Sensation in 2 weeks and really was hoping for a tote bag,Boo-Hoo!!! My Mom is platinum and said she would give me hers as i won't be platinum until October on Legend.Anyone that has a closet full ,interested in selling one? I am a tote bag collector and really,really wanted one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Carnival-Cruise-Line-Beach-Tote-Bag-Concierge-Club_W0QQitemZ300191410317QQihZ020QQcategoryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Carnival-Cruise-Line-Beach-Tote-Bag-Concierge-Club_W0QQitemZ300191410947QQihZ020QQcategoryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Carnival-Cruise-Line-Beach-Tote-Bag-Concierge-Club_W0QQitemZ300191411309QQihZ020QQcategoryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Now, I too, believe that every single passenger who is Platinum, no matter how you're related should get their own individual gift... Having said that, I usually cruise with my entire family of 4 in the same cabin, all Platinum, and have always either gotten or asked for one tote bag each. This way each one of us is responsible for our own stuff during the week i.e. beach towel, etc. And when getting home, we have always given them to our friends and neighbors. They do come in quite handy even when not cruising.

But, what if you're a new Platinum Member, just wondering, do you think Carnival will give you a choice between the Tote Bag or the Thermos???

I am personally looking forward to getting the termos and hopefully, upon arrival, because I do usually pack/carry my own as I enjoy filling it up and drinking coffee during the day around the ship.... AND I'm not bringing one with me on my upcoming cruise!!!

Email me at musicalcruiser@hotmail.com with your address.

I won't sell you one...but I will send you one! :)

Just put Carnival Bag in the subject line...

Actually, this worked better for us because our family of four are all Platinum (hubby, myself and 2 boys) and when they started this program we got FOUR bags every time.

I thought that was wasteful. Since Platinum members do have the option of going to the Purser's desk and getting another one if they want it...one per cabin is fine!!

Just off the Celebration yesterday and got another tote bag. Sounds like it may vary by ship. We also weren't upset to only get one bag, but I don't disagree that each platinum member should get all the perks, either! If you want more, go see the Purser and stand in the Platinum line!:D

LHP - just wanted to let you know, in the gift shop they had nice rubber backed luggage tags! Some were Carnival logos and some were Camp Carnival logos. I remembered that you were looking into a Platinum luggage tag and wondered if you'd heard anything. It seems like whoever is making these for Carnival should be able to do a Platinum one as well.

They were nice, but unfortunately the clear windows are normal (business card) size so the e-doc tags still won't fit!:rolleyes:

We will be Platinum on our next cruise and I am really looking forward to that. From what I can tell, my other family member traveling with me will also be able to VIP board. Is that correct? I was also wondering about the free laundry services and I see that question has been answered here. I figured it probably didn't include ironing, but I was hoping! My sister is always having to iron clothes for dinner -my uncle's suit, and dresses.

I will be excited for any gift they give us but I am also a tote fanatic. Any kind of bag, luggage, back pack etc. (not purses). I put a bid on one of the VIP totes on ebay, so maybe I'll get lucky with that. If not, maybe someone else on this list would sell me one. We have one from a Carnival reunion cruise that we like, but I really like the look of the VIP one.

Thanks for all the info!

Sherryl

I put in a request for CCL to provide a nice doc and lugggage tag holder with the Platinum logo as the perk gift.

I heard back that they liked the idea and would forward to the appropriate department. Hope they do as I for one would love to have something nice for those crappy e-docs.

Anyone been on Spirit recently and know what they give out? I too have enough tote bags and would love to have a thermos. But whatever they give me is fine....

Another story of a "free gift": As you can see by my signature, we are very loyal CCL cruisers. We went on Crown Princess in October just to try something different and everything kind of "fell in place" for that cruise. Anyway, we were given a certificate from our TA for a free 5x7 "candid photo." I had forgotten all about it and on the last night I went to the photo area and picked out a picture that was taken in the dining room...you know, the photographers who come by and tell you to put down your fork and knife, get the spinach out of your teeth and smile pretty for the camera. :cool: Well, she wouldn't give it to me because it wasn't a "candid photo." I am like HUGH???? Noone ever came up to us and took a candid photo (where do they do this?) As far as I was concerned, the dining room photo was candid because we didn't ASK the guy to take our picture...well, it went on and on and she just would NOT budge. And don't forget, this is the LAST NIGHT. So I said, what are you going to do with it but throw it in the trash can anyway. "Sorry, ma'am." I even wrote them about it WITH the e-mails and letters I mailed concerning our camera that "vanished" while we were waiting to disembark. Three months later I haven't heard a peep. Princess lost a returning cruiser, that's for sure...:mad:

We will be Platinum on our next cruise and I am really looking forward to that. From what I can tell, my other family member traveling with me will also be able to VIP board. Is that correct?

Sherryl

Only if that family member is in the same cabin as you. I was just on the Valor (out of Miami). Our travelling companions in another cabin could not checkin with us. The VIP checkin area is separate from the main checkin area and they don't have the paperwork/keys for non-VIP passengers. So, we got checked in promptly, but then we stood in line with them so we could all board the ship together. What is the point of getting on the ship 1/2 hr before them? Besides...we just had to get that boarding photo taken together...LOL

Archived