Sovereign--Balcony--Deck 9

PH8

I read this on another cruise board.........and found it very interesting.....these are posts by 2 different people..........

My son and his wife are on their honeymoon and called from their balcony on the Sovereign of the Seas. What a great surprise for them!We gave them the cruise as a wedding present and the cabin (9028) is listed as Superior Oceanview but is not supposed to have a balcony and is not shown with a balcony on the deck plan. I know they added about 60 balconies to the Sovereign in recent refurbishment and I guess they don't show all of them on their website

There is a Balcony off cabin 9028. Not many people know about it. I always mention that and try to book my clients into it. Its a small personal balcony, and it is the only one on the ship besides on deck 10.

Now I have been on the SS at least 15 times and never knew this..........has anyone on here actually had this cabin :confused: and do you have pics?

I have been on the Sovereign a few times and never heard of this as well.

here is a photo of the ouside of the ship and it looks like there may be a door just at the last lifeboat that maye could open but it doesnt look like a blacony.

http://family.webshots.com/photo/1469106096079365048ZeiNbG

Actually, that picture is from one of my albums! We were in 9026 on the Sovereign, and if you look at http://family.webshots.com/photo/1469106277079365048AeBuhV you'll be able to see the balcony partition.

We were really curious about it when we were aboard in September of 2005, but as far as we could tell that stateroom was being used as a utility/storage room and not as a stateroom. We presumed that was because it would be too easy for a guest to clamber onto the lifeboat from that area.

[url=http://family.webshots.com/photo/1469106277079365048AeBuhV][/url]

Nothing like having our own roving reporter on the scene..........thanks Carpet Men.......

Wonder how come nobody has mentioned this cabin before?? Maybethey have and I missed it??:confused:

Thanks Carpet man... we will be eagerly awaiting your report!:D And have a wonderful trip!
Nothing like having our own roving reporter on the scene..........thanks Carpet Men.......

Wonder how come nobody has mentioned this cabin before?? Maybethey have and I missed it??:confused:

What am I? Chopped liver? :D

Actually, that picture is from one of my albums! We were in 9026 on the Sovereign, and if you look at http://family.webshots.com/photo/1469106277079365048AeBuhV you'll be able to see the balcony partition.

We were really curious about it when we were aboard in September of 2005, but as far as we could tell that stateroom was being used as a utility/storage room and not as a stateroom. We presumed that was because it would be too easy for a guest to clamber onto the lifeboat from that area.

That is your album, sorry I dind't credit you, thats what came up on a google search.

I had no idea that the view from deck 9 was so obstructed. There are 4 cabins on 8 that we always try to get that have almost no obstruction.

That is your album, sorry I dind't credit you, thats what came up on a google search.

I had no idea that the view from deck 9 was so obstructed. There are 4 cabins on 8 that we always try to get that have almost no obstruction.

No problem! I was looking at the photo and wondering why it looked so familiar!:D

Actually, there are several more........:)

2744539470042692775S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived