Sovereign--Balcony--Deck 9

PH8

• 4 weeks later...

DO NOT FRET!!! I am here...all in one piece, and have have bore witness of 9028...from tender AND from inside the cabin it's self....when they began to toss the rooms, I checked, and low and behold...balcony!:D all my pictures from the cruise are posted to webshots!

Jared----how was your Sovereign cruise???

The cruise it's self was excellent. Here's a bit of a mini review

I had a booking at the Country Inn and Suites in Port Canaveral. We arrived in town around 10 on Sunday night. After the 10 hour drive, I wanted a beer in the worst way and wound up at a place called "Tipafews" on the main drag in Port Canaveral. We went back to the room around 12 to be up at 11.

The Country Inn and Suites was wonderful! You could tell that it was virtually brand new. We had 4 people in the room, and it was cozy for all of us. We chose to park there and have the shuttle that the hotel offer take us to PC, saving us the 40 dollars on parking. if you need a shuttle in PC or from orlando...i HIGHLY reccomend Art's shuttle service. People were EXTREMELY nice and very courteous!

Embarkation was a Breeze! Since I was Platinum Member they just let me buck the line for everything. We arrived at 11:00AM and were on the SoS around 12:15. Note: when they first drop you off, it appears that there is only one way in, and they are checking ID's and all of that...go to the opposite end of the Terminal. There is another officer and xray station there=less wait.

We got on the ship, immediately went to the Windjammer and ate. If you've never been on the ship, go to the very back of the Windjammer (FORWARD of the ship)...it seemed like no one knew about it and there were NEVER lines! Our room was ready on 1:00p on the dot. We even had out luggage by then, so we unpacked and headed to the pool deck until 6 when it was time to get ready for dinner. The room itself was wonderful. I never saw my stateroom attendant (Arnold) but everything was always nice, neat, and fresh, always waiting my arrival! I loved the spaciousness of the bathroom. It was refreshing not having a shower curtain that really liked me.

I was somewhat dissapointed with the dining room. Don't get me wrong, the food and service was excellent...thing was the menus were the EXACT same as my 4 day Enchantment in October. I should have expected it, but it was kind of a let down for me. I did happen to mix things up. Get the Mahi Tempura on the last night....EXCELLENT!!!!

My normal hangout was the Schooner bar. Say Hi to Troy, Rohan, and Emilio for me! They were the best!!!! We were able to see the Shuttle launch at 230a on Tuesday Morning from the aft...INCREDIBLE!!!

Coco Cay was My favorited of the two ports. It was so nice not having anyone chasing after you and it was absolutely gorgeous. We were there that day with the Norwegian Gem, but the Island never seemed crowded. There was plenty of empty chairs and plenty of places to get away. The food on the Island was good, better than I expected

Nassau, well, Nassau is kind of like Hilton Head for me....Once you've done it and seen it...you've done it and seen it. I never see myself going back there. The taxi drivers were insane!!! The shop people made natives of Cozumel look like Macy's Salesmen. We ended up taking a taxi to Paradise Island ($4PP, One way+tip) We went to a non private beach where we proceeded to be HOUNDED by over a dozen locals wanting us to buy drinks, jet skis, kayaks, chairs and umbrellas. It was somewhat amusing, though, because they would come up offering all you can drink for 20 dollars and tell you how Screwed up drunk you could get....then come back 5 minutes later and hound you to ride a jet ski! We ended up going back to the market around 3...I took a nap and we had dinner at the ship.

One note to the wise: There were more spring breaker's then you could imagine. For the most part, they were well behaved, but our table was not the best place to be. I personally had a table of 4, for my friends and I. They table of 12 behind us was incrediblly raucous. I couldn't believe some of the things we heard at Dinner from that group of kids from FSU...It was rediculous. There was one girl that was so completely loud that there is no doubt people could hear here at the front of Mirage, as we were in the back.

As for Debarkation, this was another sore spot. People took it under their own to decide when they would Disembark the ship. Result-1 hour in customs line, another 30 minutes to get luggage. was FAR worse than ANY Disembarkation I've seen!

Sovereign was a Wonderful ship. I throughly enjoyed myself. Unfortunately, because of the nature of the itenerary, I probably wouldn't sail on her again. Nassau just didn't do it for me. If I was going to sail her again...DEFINITELY DO AN ALL INCLUSIVE EXCURSION!!!!! And one more side note. Ships staff will tell you that the Hilton will let you use their pool and everything for free....LIE 20 dollars if you choose to do so. Any questions/comments can be forwarded to UTCJCB@msn.com!!!!

Mariner of the Seas 75 days!!!

oh oh oh ...I have pictures of the infamous 9028. The cabin attendant let me in...he was too funny...first he asked me how i knew blah blah blah...when I said Cruise Critic..he laughed...give me a few and I will post them.

Cruise was great..off at 0730 this am and home and unpacked already in Sarasota ! Heading to bed lol.

Will write a mini review later

Sue, great to hear you got home safely.....made great time.....guess you can drive after all!!!!! Was so great to meet you and hope to cruise with you again.

Lynda

hahaha...if I knew when you were getting off, I would have blocked the parking garage !! :D Was GREAT meeting you too, sure enjoyed Friday evening with all of you ! I am sure our paths will cross again !

Ok PH...here are a few pics of 9028 :D I didnt stay in the room long, was afraid I would be sucked in to the black hole :D

072.jpg

073.jpg

074.jpg

Coco Cay was My favorited of the two ports. It was so nice not having anyone chasing after you and it was absolutely gorgeous. We were there that day with the Norwegian Gem, but the Island never seemed crowded.

Mariner of the Seas 75 days!!!

Glad to see you're back and ok,Jared!!:p Question........are you SURE the Norwegian Gem was at CocoCay with you?? CocoCay is a RCCL island..........NCL has its own island right next to CocoCay and you can see their ships anchored off their island..

oh oh oh ...I have pictures of the infamous 9028. The cabin attendant let me in...he was too funny...first he asked me how i knew blah blah blah...when I said Cruise Critic..he laughed...give me a few and I will post them.

Cruise was great..off at 0730 this am and home and unpacked already in Sarasota ! Heading to bed lol.

Will write a mini review later

GREAT PICS,SUE........you are the best investigative reporter yet............Looks like a pretty decent room for only $20 more that is costing me than a category I!!

that room was very do-able for a short cruise ! You definately won't have to worry about noisy balcony neighbors. :p

I couldn't beleive the stateroom attendant opened it for me. I found him in the hall....and told him I had heard about a secret balcony, but no one has lived to tell about it ! He gets this stern look on his face..and says " who told you there was a balcony here " . I said....ummmm Cruise Critic !! :D He started laughing out loud and said come on in ! I felt a little weird about going in someone's room, but I only stayed long enough to snap those pics and he stayed right there by me. Was too funny !

The cruise was great ! I will post a mini review either tonight or tomorrow night. Still trying to get my bearings haha.

We had an awesome time !

And PH...I dont know..but I bet there are some suprised people...and probably even some that don't realize they got a deal. So many first time cruisers on this ship.

I couldn't tell you about the Gem pax's being on Coco cay. The gem It's self was about 2000 yards of the stern, starboard...i LOVED Coco cay

Im pretty sure it was at Great Stirrup Caye......it is really close to CocoCay...

Archived