Where does Caribbean Princess stand as compare to Carnival and RC?

JerseyBird

We have been on Disney, Carnival and RC before; are thinking to take the Caribbean Princess sailing from New York to Eastern Caribbean (9-night) this summer.

Can someone shed some light as where Princess stand in terms of passenger clientele and overall quality? Thanks!

Been on both the Caribbean Princess and RCL and I prefer Princess. I am in my mid-thirties with a 12 year-old and for us Princess offered a very diverse age group of PAX (mid 20's to 60's). Keep in mind that there it is hard to compare apples to apples particularly now that the Mega ship fleets seems to be growing.

On RCL there were many more programs and things for children her age to do. At the time we sailed on the CP, my DD was younger and would have been grouped with the younger children so she did not attend the Princess Camp for Kids.

To each their own but the food and laundry facilities were a step above on Princess.

I've posted almost this exact question on the Princess board...I love the ports the Carribean Princess is going to and feel it's a good value for the length of the cruise, but am concerned whether my 9yr old son will be satisfied, or if we should go with our orignal idea of sailing on Imagination...It will be his first cruise, so he has nothing to compare to, but I do want him to be happy and content...Any other insights??

I really loved the Caribbean princess, it was my favorite ship and Iv been on RCL 3 times. We had the unlimited seafood buffet, which you might not have, but I love seafood. They have two anytime dining rooms and if you go to the back one, you can always be seated, everyone else seems to go to the one in the middle of the ship. The 3rd dining room is for traditional dining.

We had L103, which is only on a few ship, its considered a obstructed, but the two end cabins, L104 and L103 are over sized cabins and not as obstructed as the two inside ones and you can walk out to the front of the deck from there and watch the sunset, it was like having a private balcony for a OV price. We just hit things right on that ship for me.

Archived