Victoria Station to T3 Heathrow time to leave?

7SeasLover

If my Air New Zealand flight out of Heathrow to LAX is at 2:50, what time should I catch the Coach out of Victoria Station?

I want to buy advance online tickets, but not sure if I should choose 11:30 or 12:00 as my departure time from Victoria.

It depends a bit on how much appetite you have for risk! Personally, I would have no problems with getting the 1200, which I think is scheduled to arrive at 1240. This is 2 hours and 10 minutes before the flight, which I personally think is generous - you'd get to the check-in area sometime about 1300 if you do this, so just inside 2 hours. This still gives you quite a bit of margin for something to go wrong.

But I know many other people who think that this is not enough time at the airport.

I thought the bus would give us a leisurely ride with scenery. Then cost was another factor. I haven't check prices.

I may take the suggestion of a fellow-cruiser and take the coast TO Dover and the train back since my time in London is limited.

Why a coach ?

Why not use the Heathrow Express train from Paddington !!

It depends where you are starting from. If you're staying at a B&B near Victoria Station (as 7SeasLover is), it will be up to £10 in a cab to Paddington, then £18 or so in the Heathrow Express. It won't be any faster overall than a 40-60 minute coach directly from Victoria. But the coach could be as little as £4 one-way.
I thought the bus would give us a leisurely ride with scenery.
Not between Victoria and Heathrow. Whatever the good reasons for taking the coach (and there are some), scenery is not one of them!

Archived