Unlimited Alcohol Card?

cnewberry23

I was wanting to know if you could purchase a card for unlimited alcohol, like you can for soft drinks? Im going on my first Cruise Saturday Jan. 26,2008 on the Carnival Fantasy out of New Orleans. If anybody has any advise that would make my Cruise more enjoyable, please feel free to let me know. :)

I do believe that owuld run the crusielines out of business to have the card unlimited.

Some people think that CCL is just for drunks. Sadly they are missinformed. I saw more drunks on the Golden Princess, yes a PRINCESS Ship, than we did on the CCL Liberty. Hey, what's the problem some one wanting to save a couple bucks?!

You always get the holier than thou people on the drink threads and the smoking threads. I'm not trying to change the topic so just stick to the drink cards.

Hi there - sailing on the Conquest this Sunday. Last week I called Bon Voyage and ordered a bottle of Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum to be placed in the room - $40.

See how easy it is? We really do not need to resort to being a smuggler. The price is a little higher but you don't have worry about it breaking in a suitcase or being seized by security.

I've only ever seen one of these once. It was in the brochure back in '04 for Sunquest Cruises. It was $261.00 (ish) each. So I was thinking, man we're going to get our $$s worth out of this. We went to book the cruise and were told that Sunquest sold their ships. But other than that they don't have them.

Maybe they went belly up from having this feature? LOL! no more then I drink it would not bee worth it- I doubt I spend $50 on alcohol on a cruise.

Now I read HAL for $60 gives you 20 glasses of domestic wine.

Maybe they went belly up from having this feature? LOL! no more then I drink it would not bee worth it- I doubt I spend $50 on alcohol on a cruise.

Now I read HAL for $60 gives you 20 glasses of domestic wine.

Is that on a 1 day cruise??? LOL

Last cruise we went on we (DH and I) spent about 325.00 on a 3 day cruise...lol We figure it is our vaction and we don't have to worry about drinking and driving home so we have a good time. Must say I think the first 100 was on sail day and was comsumedmore so by me...lol We did have a friend on board that we had not seen in year so we had some drinking to catch up on...LOL

Does anyone know if Princess has this program??? My DH has always wondered why they don't have a BEER card that works just like the soda card :)

My TA has a fairly large group sailing on the inaugural RUBY Princess cruise and I'm hoping that Princess has something similar~ I'd be willing to bet the gang would consider signing up for this ;)

Is that on a 1 day cruise??? LOL

Last cruise we went on we (DH and I) spent about 325.00 on a 3 day cruise...lol We figure it is our vaction and we don't have to worry about drinking and driving home so we have a good time. Must say I think the first 100 was on sail day and was comsumedmore so by me...lol We did have a friend on board that we had not seen in year so we had some drinking to catch up on...LOL

No, I usually drink maybe one drink a day. I just don't drink much.

I know people find that strange-either people are tee totalers and think I am a "sinner" for my one rum and diet coke-or I get teased because I only have one drink-but that is all I want.

I guess it really does not take alot ot make me "feel good"!

BTW my last crusie ws 12 day and I guess I spent around $100. Even on that crusie a $265 alcohol card would not be worth it to me.

I've been thinking an "all inclusive" cruise would be great as well. I have heard that they exist - may have to check them out. We go to Mexico quite a bit and almost always stay in AIs - we do drink alot, but we are not drunkards by any means. We don't stay in AIs to save money on drinking (even a heavy drinker isn't going to save money - I think it evens out in the end), it 's just more convenient to walk up to the bar or eat in a restaurant without having to sign something every time.

Happy Cruising!

All inclusive cruising does exist, but you're going to pay much higher per diems. For example, Seabourn is all inclusive, but you're going to pay anywhere from $500 to over $800 a day for their cruises. A seven day cruise on Seabourn runs nearly $3000 for the least expensive cabin.

Does anyone know if Princess has this program??? My DH has always wondered why they don't have a BEER card that works just like the soda card :)

My TA has a fairly large group sailing on the inaugural RUBY Princess cruise and I'm hoping that Princess has something similar~ I'd be willing to bet the gang would consider signing up for this ;)

Have your TA call them and ask about it....I don't know if Princess offers this program or not.

Our TA had to call Carnival 3 times before she finally got to speak with someone who knew what she was talking about..LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, cruises with alcohol included do exist...just are hard to find. If you Google the title of this message, you will find one that I am aware of.

Bret

Past Cruises:

CARNIVAL: Fantasy, Ecstasy, Sensation, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Triumph

CELEBRITY: Galaxy, Century

HOLLAND AMERICA: Zaandam, Westerdam, Veendam

MAJESTY: Royal Majesty

NORWEGIAN: Seaward, Norwegian Jewel, Norwegian Pearl

PREMIER: Oceanic

PRINCESS: Grand Princess, Caribbean Princess

ROYAL CARIBBEAN: Freedom, Navigator, Explorer, Grandeur, Sovereign, Nordic Empress

Upcoming Sailings:

Veendam Nov 1, 2008

All inclusive cruising does exist, but you're going to pay much higher per diems. For example, Seabourn is all inclusive, but you're going to pay anywhere from $500 to over $800 a day for their cruises. A seven day cruise on Seabourn runs nearly $3000 for the least expensive cabin.

Regent is also all-inclusive; there is no separate charge for wine at dinner, drinks in the lounges, or a bar setup in your suite. Yes, it's more expensive, and there are more reasons than included alcohol that make it well worth it.

• 3 years later...

Archived