Romantic Ideas Help Needed

Great1

I am taking my wife on a cruise (the dawn) for our anniversary. Its a bit of a surprise. She thinks we are going to NY for the week part to visit relatives and part to send time in Manhattan to celebrate our anniversary.

Are there any other romantic packages not widely knon or ideas that I should ask NCL for to help make the cruise more special? I have seen their romantic package and I wasn't overy impressed. I mean, the spa packages were great but does NCL allow peope to alter the package?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

We ordered the $79.00 romance package and were very happy with it. I did not order a spa package but had my hair shampooed, cut, and colored...all while looking out the window at the water; it was wonderful. I've had the facial; my SO did the ceramic heated tile chairs and found them wonderful. I'm not exactly sure what your idea of romance is. They do have a jewelry store onboard. I'm not sure of the quality, but maybe you could let your wife shop and maybe pick out something.

I am taking my wife on a cruise (the dawn) for our anniversary. Its a bit of a surprise. She thinks we are going to NY for the week part to visit relatives and part to send time in Manhattan to celebrate our anniversary.

Are there any other romantic packages not widely knon or ideas that I should ask NCL for to help make the cruise more special? I have seen their romantic package and I wasn't overy impressed. I mean, the spa packages were great but does NCL allow peope to alter the package?

Very sweet idea and a great surprise for your wife:)

Perhaps you can email the ship coordinator for ideas shipcoordinatordawn@ncl.com

And/or the hotel director, I believe for the dawn the email is Hot14@ncl.com ...great HD on the Dawn right now, not sure when you are cruising?

I'm sure they have seen and heard it all and can, perhaps, give you some great suggestions.

Good luck and have a great cruise:)

Another thing you might want to consider doing (aside from the romance packages): treat her (and yourself) to something out of the ordinary, that you wouldn't otherwise perhaps do, like an expensive or exotic shore excursion, a trip to the ship's spa, reservations at a specialty restaraunt...that sort of thing. Have a great cruise! :)

Forget about packages just pack your tux or suit and make sure your wife has something elegant , choose a nice restauarant on board ship, some good wine and she will have the time of her life. Have a great cruise.

On our honeymoon cruise 10 yrs ago I had a different small gift for my husband every night. Yes, some sexy and others just plain sweet. Each day he would spend the whole day trying to guess what the present would be.

Are you flying to/from your cruise? Try slipping the flight attendant a note and asking her to wish you happy anniversary over the PA system.

Go to your local craft store (Michaels, Hobby Lobby, even Walmart I think carries this) and buy silk rose petals. Have your cabin steward sprinkle them on the bed one evening and have them waiting when you return for the evening.

Does she have a favorite perfume or scent? Buy this for her and have the cabin steward spray the sheets for you one evening to surprise her.

Do something that is symbolic of your actual wedding. Do you remember what your wedding flowers were? Mine were star gazer lillies and to this day that is the only flower my husband gives me. Have these flowers sent to your room.

Did you recite your own vows? If so, bring them with you on the cruise and "marry her all over again" on the bow one evening. We wrote our own vows and just celebrated our 10th anniversary in Kauai. We repeated our vows on the beach.

Do you remember the colors from your wedding? My husband gave me a piece of jewelry for our anniv in that color.

Put together a photo collage of your years together and have it sitting by her bedside one evening.

Slip out of bed early one morning, go to the buffet and bring her a full hot breakfast back to the cabin. Room service at bkst is limited to cereals and fruits so a full breakfast in bed is a treat.

Do you remember your first dance song from your wedding reception? As the DJ or band to play this one evening for you. If it's a song that is a bit out of the ordinary take the cd with you. Not sure if they'll let you play your own cd's or not, but they may given the special occasion.

Hope these ideas get your creative juices flowing!

Have fun and kudos to you for wanting to make this trip so special for her!

Also be prepared that if she's packing for New York in winter, and you're going to the Bahamas or the Caribbean, she's going to want a whole new wardrobe.... or are you somehow going to pack & ship her beachware ahead of time?

On our honeymoon cruise 10 yrs ago I had a different small gift for my husband every night. Yes, some sexy and others just plain sweet. Each day he would spend the whole day trying to guess what the present would be.

Are you flying to/from your cruise? Try slipping the flight attendant a note and asking her to wish you happy anniversary over the PA system.

Go to your local craft store (Michaels, Hobby Lobby, even Walmart I think carries this) and buy silk rose petals. Have your cabin steward sprinkle them on the bed one evening and have them waiting when you return for the evening.

Does she have a favorite perfume or scent? Buy this for her and have the cabin steward spray the sheets for you one evening to surprise her.

Do something that is symbolic of your actual wedding. Do you remember what your wedding flowers were? Mine were star gazer lillies and to this day that is the only flower my husband gives me. Have these flowers sent to your room.

Did you recite your own vows? If so, bring them with you on the cruise and "marry her all over again" on the bow one evening. We wrote our own vows and just celebrated our 10th anniversary in Kauai. We repeated our vows on the beach.

Do you remember the colors from your wedding? My husband gave me a piece of jewelry for our anniv in that color.

Put together a photo collage of your years together and have it sitting by her bedside one evening.

Slip out of bed early one morning, go to the buffet and bring her a full hot breakfast back to the cabin. Room service at bkst is limited to cereals and fruits so a full breakfast in bed is a treat.

Do you remember your first dance song from your wedding reception? As the DJ or band to play this one evening for you. If it's a song that is a bit out of the ordinary take the cd with you. Not sure if they'll let you play your own cd's or not, but they may given the special occasion.

Do you have a book of these ideas? I may rip off each one!

Man....I am a total loser when it comes to romantic ideas, thank you!

HoopTroop

Also be prepared that if she's packing for New York in winter, and you're going to the Bahamas or the Caribbean, she's going to want a whole new wardrobe.... or are you somehow going to pack & ship her beachware ahead of time?

that's a great question :eek: :D

This is absolutely awesome. I am going to print it and put it in my darling DH's bureau. Perhaps he'll save it as he does everything else, for my 60th ;)

Not a dumb question at all. I will have both of our passports and since she thinks we are packing to see relatives and to go out for a night on the town, I am sure she will have comfort wear and an evening dress.

Dum question are you going to bring her citizen paperwork without her knowing?

No wories there, we got married in June.

HoopTroop

Sorry, no book of these ideas. Just a husband who is a hopeless romantic! Lucky me!

HoopTroop

Sorry, no book of these ideas. Just a husband who is a hopeless romantic! Lucky me!

Archived