Lap Pool on NOS???

DH and I leave for a 5 day on the NOS on 1/28. We come back late at night on Feb 2, and I am seriously contemplating racing in my first triathlon the next morning (feb 3rd). Crazy, I know. But this is something I have wanted to do for a long time and this is the perfect 1st race for me. I thought I read somewhere that there was salt water lap pool on board, but I can't remember where. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, where is it and is it reasonable to assume I can swim each day (I typically do 1-2000 yards).

TIA

J

I have the same understanding as Sue. Some ships have pools that generate "waves" / force for you to swim in place again; I just can't recall which ships / pools.

I think if you get up early enough you might stand a chance, especially on port days. But bottom line, the pools are small and shared. Throw in a few kids, scuba classes, water games / exercise, and other swimmers and it might be kinda tough to do what you are looking to do.

Best of luck on your triathalon.

DH and I leave for a 5 day on the NOS on 1/28. We come back late at night on Feb 2, and I am seriously contemplating racing in my first triathlon the next morning (feb 3rd). Crazy, I know. But this is something I have wanted to do for a long time and this is the perfect 1st race for me. I thought I read somewhere that there was salt water lap pool on board, but I can't remember where. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, where is it and is it reasonable to assume I can swim each day (I typically do 1-2000 yards).

TIA

J

If you do the 5-Nighter I assume you have two days in port (Ochos and Grand Cayman). You can swim there, all day. On sea days go early in the morning and swim in the ships pool. Hardly anybody is there. Even at night.

I doubt they qualify as lap pools though.

20 people have read this, and no one knows the answer??? Someone give me SOME encouragement, please!!! I really want to sign up for this race but there is no way I can forgo an entire week of swimming.

Anyone???

At that point, one would think that it was time to go to the effort of picking up the phone and calling the cruise line directly. :rolleyes:

Archived