Half Moon Cay

fi0na

Our first time there, we did their stingray excursion (our 3rd stingray trip). I hated it. They were too busy doing photos and since I didn't want to snorkel the entire time, I was told to go stand in the corner.

Anyway, this is the one island where I plan NOTHING except a beach day. I'm not really a beach person, but HMC if a beautiful place.

If you like activity, just turn left at the pier and go straight to the beach. There's a band and bar and things for kids.

If you just want to relax, head toward the water, then turn right and walk on down the beach. There's a 2nd "shack" where you can rent a clamshell, snorkel equipment, float, etc. We stood in line for 15 minutes at the first building only to be told they had rented all the clamshells, and that we needed to go to the other building.

And if you go further down, you're closer to the buffet/picnic area.

I would go to HMC on every cruise, if I could! I absolutely love it there.

If you like to snorkel - go to the far left when you are standing on the beach and all along the "wall" is some good snorkeling. We always bring our own gear so it is perfect - costs nothing and it is a great day. Then you can snorkel as long or as little as you want. The beach is amazing (been there twice) and like other posters have said would go there every cruise if I could. We love this little island. First time there we went on a nature walk (ship excursion) and it was very interesting to learn about the flora and fauna of the island. Second time we just did our own thing.

If you like to snorkel - go to the far left when you are standing on the beach and all along the "wall" is some good snorkeling. We always bring our own gear so it is perfect - costs nothing and it is a great day. Then you can snorkel as long or as little as you want. The beach is amazing (been there twice) and like other posters have said would go there every cruise if I could. We love this little island. First time there we went on a nature walk (ship excursion) and it was very interesting to learn about the flora and fauna of the island. Second time we just did our own thing.

Thanks, will try it!

What is 'private island'?

Sorry - It seems that I forgot an important word - Link. It should have read private island link. :)

In case someone doesnt know how to find it, here is a better explaination.

It is a link that has all kinds of info on half moon cay, which is a private island that HAL and Carnival uses. To find out more info on HMC, go the the following links:

ports of call

private islands

and then search for info on HMC

Archived