What is team trivia?

shmatbert

We played it every sea day on our JoS Baltic cruise -we now have 4 each of ... key chains, notebooks, pens, cross-body bags, holdalls (I think that's it).

I should say used to have as I donated most of our booty to the Salvation Army charity shop. I did keep a couple of the little bags that attach across the body - they are perfect for doggy snacks and pooper scooper so that I can keep my hands free (2 dogs!)

Anyway, the point is that we had lots of fun.

I stand corrected as I should know that different ship's people have different ways of doing the game--write the answer down, run up with the answers which we have only had in tie breakers. All the same, it is a lot of fun. Use for the lovely key chain--to replace the tabs on the zipper of your luggage when they fall off. One lady made earrings out of hers. I thought that was a little much, though. I'm still frosted that when they asked what Princess Diana's middle name was. I knew it was Frances. I was the only one in the whole room that knew it was Frances. I had to argue with husband--the team captain--to write it down. The answer they accepted was her maiden name--Spencer. Try explaining to a 25 year old the difference between middle name and maiden name (lol). Try explaining to your husband, you have been robbed (lol). The first thing I did when we got home was haul out a book and show it to him. Anyway, we still won so I didn't have to sleep on the deck that night. Ironically, we usually form a "team" at the first meeting and stick together throughout because we have such a good time together--win or lose. Sometimes it is one team for the morning game and a different one for the afternoon game due to schedules. On a progressive game where we kept a cumulative score throughout the cruise and you cannot change team members once you start out--at least you aren't suppose to but we saw some that did--we had one guy that never showed up after the first session and another who was worthless and only showed up three times the whole two weeks--until we won the grand prize at the end. Then he showed up to collect the thermo-bag full of logo goodies. Between the remaining four of us, we did pretty well because the other two were young ones--not only smart but knew all things we didn't know from the younger generation while we held up the old geezer end--hence my hint.

Another hint: If you get Irky from Turkey as a questioner (he was on RCI's Voyager of the Sea on our recent trans-Atlantic cruise) expect one way out of the box question like "where were the first donuts fried?" In Greece. What bees produces milk? Boobees. Even if you don't play trivia, it is worth it to show up just for him, he was better than some of the comedians on the ship.

Tucker in Texas (who was the only one that knew Ella Grasso was the first female state governor that did not inherit or get appointed to the position--only because I went to school in Connecticut and was there when she was elected)

Archived