A few questions about the Emerald Princess

honeymoon06

My husband and i are going to be on the Emerald in March. For those who have already cruised on the Emerald, can you answer a few questions?

As we are travelling during Easter holidays we know there may be alot of children onboard. This isn't a problem but we realise the pools may get v.crowded. I've read about 2 'adult only' pools that the ship has. Are these nice pools and is the adults only rule observed?

Can you book in advance for meals at sabatinos or the crown grill? And if you ate at either of these, what did you think?

What is the food like in cafe caribe?

Do you have to pay for food at the international cafe?

Thanks to any replies.

Hi There,

As to the likes of the Crown Grill food quality is excellant service can be a bit slow so try not to pick peak times like 8.00pm.

As to the Cafe all the snack items are free, but ice cream does cost.

The adult pool at the front the Spa pool is quite and is often kid free, the only problem I have seen is adults brining very young kids with them.

The ship is well policed by teen police so kids are not to big an issue, but they do run about and they do bump into things, but the main kids zone is at the back of the ship.

Cafe Crib, is themed so if you go the night that it has your style of food you will be happy, if you hate fish and you go on fish night you will hate it.

yourds Shogun

Can you book in advance for meals at sabatinos or the crown grill? And if you ate at either of these, what did you think?

Yes you can book in advance. The best time to book is the afternoon the day you board the ship. This is also the best day because it is least busy. My experience at Sabatini's on the Emerald was so so. Skipped Crown Grill. Too dark for me.

Caribe Cafe is a little gem. That is if they are serving the food you like that night. Caribe Cafe is THE place to go for breakfast. Not crowded like Horizon Court and it opens earlier.

We never had to pay for food in the International Cafe in the afternoon. I think there is a charge at night. We loved the International Cafe right after coming back on board from an excursion. We bought a cup of Americano coffee at the coffee bar next to the Cafe, got some sweets from the International Cafe and listened to the entertainment in the atrium, I mean piazza.

My husband and i are going to be on the Emerald in March. For those who have already cruised on the Emerald, can you answer a few questions?

As we are travelling during Easter holidays we know there may be alot of children onboard. This isn't a problem but we realise the pools may get v.crowded. I've read about 2 'adult only' pools that the ship has. Are these nice pools and is the adults only rule observed?

Aft Terrace pool is also adult only and a much better view then the Spa pool and bigger area too. It is enforced.

Only once onboard by calling the D.I.N.E line from your cabin phone or going to the table set up outside the restaurant on embarkation day.

It is a smaller buffet then the Horizon Court but offers different themed food each day.

Only a few choice things such as specialty choclates/candy apples etc. Most is no charge.

Thanks to any replies.

Hope this helps. :)

I know Vines is the wine bar, so obviously there is a charge for wine. However, I also understand they have sushi and other hors d'oeuvres. Is there a charge for all of them? Some of them? DW is especially interested in sushi--one of the very few things Carnival has offered that she misses on Princess has been the sushi.

Archived