Best Packing List Ever

maxx

And another absolute must after going through this list (which most is on the unstuck sticky packing list thread) is helium filled suitcases.

I admit, we overpacked on our recent cruise. There were several things on this list we did not take, and several we did that were not used. My suggestion is to use the list as a prompter when you are organising your cases.

Examples:

If you are taking a laptop, a portable DVD\CD player is a waste of time. You need a use for the laptop to lug it all that way (upload media cards to hard drive, publish notes\pics to website etc). If you are just going to browse email and favourite sites a couple of times on your trip, use the onboard computers or an internet cafe in port. Kids have access to game consoles in kids clubs.

If you are taking your phone (which will work till you depart) it can also double as an alarm clock, gameboy, mp3 player, calculator.

Games, puzzles, library free onboard - no need to load up. If you are halfway through a good paperback, it would make sense to take along.

Small cash for tipping? I guess this is an American list.

Pegs (clothpins) We thought it was a must, till we found that a load in the dryer was $1 and we could shower without dodging swimmers on the line. Pegs did not come out of their plastic bag.

List is missing some of the sticky essentials:

Picnic chairs

Crock pot

Kettle

Electric toothbrush

And we packed all our information into a cheap clear display book, which was great for keeping it all together. Also kept the patters and menus neat and flat for bringing back

I took my highlighter for BINGO!!! ;)

Another thing we didn't need.

We bought 2 bingo dobbers for the cruise. They might be still useful for P&O, but Sun Princess has punch through cards, so our dobbers are still brand new.

• 1 month later...
If you are taking your phone (which will work till you depart) it can also double as an alarm clock,

One thing to remember though is that it also works when you return.:( Sailing into Sydney it picks up a signal at about 2-30 am :eek: and then all your messages start to arrive at about 1 minute intervals:mad: . I learnt that through experience.

One thing to remember though is that it also works when you return.:( Sailing into Sydney it picks up a signal at about 2-30 am :eek: and then all your messages start to arrive at about 1 minute intervals:mad: . I learnt that through experience.

WoW - that is scary! :eek:

Wary of that (and accidental roaming charges), I pulled the sim card when we left for dinner on the first evening and stored it with my camera media till we got home. Will still function as an alarm clock\calculator\mp3 etc without the sim card.

I too have learnt about the "dreaded return to signal" in wee hours of the morning. On my phone you can set an alarm and still switch it off. The alarm will still go off at designated time.

I think most phones (if not all) will still have the alarm go off if switched off. My phone is pretty old & basic and the alarm will still work when switched off. I left mine on though, just had it on silent. That was so I could check the time if I woke up during the night.

At about 3am coming into Sydney the vibration woke me up. It was a message from a friend asking if I'd enjoyed the cruise. He'd sent it about 5 days earlier:rolleyes: .

• 4 weeks later...

I was just looking at a thread titled 'Hairdryers on the Pacific Dawn'. There's no hair dryer needed up on deck. :p

Then I smiled to myself remembering the wind blown hairdo I sported continuously from the time we sailed out through the heads in Sydney to the day we returned.

As well as being wind blown, there was the swimming and snorkelling and returning to the ship with salt encrusted wind blown hair. :eek:

My big thing to pack is Top Quality Hair Conditioner. Don't leave home without it.

• 2 months later...

wow I finally got through this and have two peices of paper with notes from this and the newbies. Thanks

Ok an important question...we sail off at 4pm, how long will we have reception for on our mobiles after sailing off? My girlfriend has just found out she is having a caesar the day I leave :mad: so I'm hoping I'll have reception till at least 6pm which i think would be the latest time an elective caesar will be planned

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Brossy we'll see you on board.

:)

Hey a&S cruisers, looking foward to meeting you guys! We are in cabin D151 (unless we get upgraded :cool: ). If there is anything you need to know about crusing this site is fantastic, everyone is so helpful and their advise is great. Keep in touch!

• 4 weeks later...