Splendour of the Seas - Hot tips?

fanfare

Hi-

We'll be on Splendour of the Seas in September. Does anyone have any hot tips to share re this ship? Anything you wish you'd known in advance, or didn't find out until near the end of the cruise? This is our first cruise.

Thanks for your help!

R:)

Your first cruise--how awesome! There is nothing like the 1st--and discovering things for yourself! Make sure you have the cruise brochure--either RCI will send it to you, or your travel agent will give you one! All the info you need is in there--along with the deck plans! Get a good guide book so you will know something about your ports..either at the library (free) or in a bookstore! Research can really make your cruise better! Bon voyage! (Dont forget the binoculars!)

Your first cruise--how awesome! There is nothing like the 1st--and discovering things for yourself! Make sure you have the cruise brochure--either RCI will send it to you, or your travel agent will give you one! All the info you need is in there--along with the deck plans! Get a good guide book so you will know something about your ports..either at the library (free) or in a bookstore! Research can really make your cruise better! Bon voyage! (Dont forget the binoculars!)

Go through the spa on Deck 9 to the sport's deck. Unless there's been a major change, this isn't what I'd call a sport's deck - just a wonderful place to sun (it has been full of lounge chairs) and watch the wake. There's no bar service out there, so that may be a downer for some. It's been a year (sigh) since we've sailed on her, so my info may be out of date.

I took a lot of pictures of the Splendour when we were on her last year. There is a link to the pictures in my signature. Its a beautiful ship - you will love it! What I really liked about Splendour is its size, its not too big that you get worn out exploring the ship, the crew was amazing, our Jr. Suite was like a hotel room - I hope you have a blast!icon10.gif:p

I took a lot of pictures of the Splendour when we were on her last year. There is a link to the pictures in my signature. Its a beautiful ship - you will love it! What I really liked about Splendour is its size, its not too big that you get worn out exploring the ship, the crew was amazing, our Jr. Suite was like a hotel room - I hope you have a blast!icon10.gif:p

Marianne, thank you so much for sharing your photos of Splendour. We will be sailing on her starting March 22..........and after viewing all of your wonderful pictures............we are really excited.

• 1 month later...
Marianne, thank you so much for sharing your photos of Splendour. We will be sailing on her starting March 22..........and after viewing all of your wonderful pictures............we are really excited.
Hope you do a review; we are sailing the Med, 11/08. talk says the CardRoom has been permanently converted to the Concierge Lounge. I'm wanting to know if it's a "real" lounge with the morning offer and famous coffee maker???? The CL is like a really important feature to me. Thanks:)

Archived