Beach Excursions

wildcrazyatver

i will be cruising carnivals valor on the 17th of feb was wondering if and how i could book beach excursions ,is it alot cheaper by the locals or should i book by cruise line ,we have book a morning excursion from the cruise line for the pirate ship but would love to do the seven mile beach and cant do it through carnival case of times so i was wondering what the costs were and if there were taxis available most the time at the beaches ,cause i dont want to miss our ship lol

There are always tons of taxi's waiting at 7 mile beach to take you back to the ship.

After your pirate ship excursion, you will be dropped back off near the pier, tons of taxi's there also.

Some of the excursions will give you the option of being dropped off at the beach (taxi back on own) or to be brought back to the pier.

Don't remember the taxi price to 7 mile beach but i'm sure someone will remember.

i will be cruising carnivals valor on the 17th of feb was wondering if and how i could book beach excursions ,is it alot cheaper by the locals or should i book by cruise line ,we have book a morning excursion from the cruise line for the pirate ship but would love to do the seven mile beach and cant do it through carnival case of times so i was wondering what the costs were and if there were taxis available most the time at the beaches ,cause i dont want to miss our ship lol

Hi - Come join our roll call for the February 17 sailing! We're at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=530725

We've chartered a boat through a private company in Grand Cayman, so we probably won't make it to Seven Mile Beach. In Cozumel, we're going to Paradise Beach. When we visited 3 years ago, we had no problem getting taxis either to or from the beach.

Hope to see you aboard!

If you want to spend a nice day on Seven Mile Beach, I would suggest you consider the Royal Palms. It is located on the southern end of Seven Mile Beach so it is closer to town and the cruise ship pier than many other popular spots. They provide cruisers with free admission and showers. You can rent a lounge chair for $5. They also have water equipment for rent, a full service bar and restaurant. They also have a web cam where you can waive to your friends and family back home at a predetermined time.

http://www.reefgrill.com/pages/cruiseinfo.html

caymancruise.jpg

skip the Carnival excursion and go on your own. As pointed out, there are plenty of Taxis available to take you there and back. Want to avoid the crowd at Seven Mile Beach? Take the taxi to Sea Grape Beach. Chairs, food, and drink are available there as well and you will not be crowded as with the other beaches. It is a public beach and there is no charge.

Just on the Valor the end of November. We took a taxi to the Royal Palms on seven mile beach. The cost is $4/person each way. There are numerous taxis at both the pier and at seven mile/royal palms. The Royal Palms was great - we rented two chairs and an umbrella. My dh rented a jet ski nearby (hint a bit cheaper then the chair rental place) We had our own snacks - but the did have ice & water available at no charge. The beach is fantastic - don't miss it and definately do it on your own!!:)

Archived