Question On Minor Children Please?

SUGARSHACKER

I know I have seen someone have a document on getting permission for minor children from parent to bring kids on cruises. I would appreciate if anyone can help me with this, I can type up my own document but if there is one already out there then I can use it. I am planning on taking my 12 y/o grand daughter on a cruise in October and need to get everything in order. Thanks for any

information in advance. Sharon

I know I have seen someone have a document on getting permission for minor children from parent to bring kids on cruises. I would appreciate if anyone can help me with this, I can type up my own document but if there is one already out there then I can use it. I am planning on taking my 12 y/o grand daughter on a cruise in October and need to get everything in order. Thanks for any

information in advance. Sharon

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is to acknowledge that I, (Parent(s) Name) a United States Citizen, provide consent

to my (son/daughter), (child name), a United States Citizen born (date of birth), to travel

to the countries of (countries to visit) with my (relationship to parent), (your name), a

United States Citizen, from (date of departure) to (date of return). I have full

knowledge of this trip, and every expectation that they will both return as planned.

If any official has further questions or would like to further verify my consent of this trip,

please call me at any time in the United States at (parent phone number).

Signed,

(Parent Name)

(Address)

(city, state, zip)

USA

Notary Printed Name

Notary Signature

Notary Seal:

Question: If only parent is going do you need a letter from the other parent? What if the other parent is overseas in the service or don't know where he/she is or possible dead?

This is the requirement for applying for a passport with one parent missing. Hope this helps.

One parents appears, signs, and submits primary evidence of sole authority to apply (such as one of the following):

• Child's certified U.S. or foreign birth certificate (with translation, if necessary) listing only applying parent; or
  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240) or Certification of Birth Abroad (Form DS-1350) listing only applying parent; or
  • Court order granting sole custody to the applying parent (unless child's travel is restricted by that order); or
  • Adoption decree (if applying parents is sole adopting parent); or
  • Court order specifically permitting applying parent's or guardian's travel with the child; or
  • Judicial declaration of incompetence of non-applying parent; or
  • Death certificate of non-applying parent.

sorry, it won't let me show the link:( So try to copy this and paste it to word pad or something and print it out

CONSENT FOR MINOR CHILDREN TO TRAVEL

Date:_____________________

I (we):______________________________________________________________

authorize my/our minor child(ren):___________________________________________

to travel to:_________________________________ on:_________________________

aboard Airline/Flight Number:________________________________________

and/or Cruise Ship:_____________________________________________ with:

____________________________________________________________. Their expected

date of return is _______________________.

In addition, I (we) authorize:______________________________________ to consent

to any necessary routine or emergency medical treatment during the aforementioned trip.

Signed:_________________________________ (Parent)

Signed:_________________________________ (Parent)

Address:________________________________________

Telephone:______________________________________

Sworn to and signed before me, a Notary Public,

this _______ day of _______________, 20____

Notary Public Signature and Seal

Please also note that any parent who shares visitations with the other parent, this post applies to you. You must also have a letter from the ohter parent allowing you to travel with your children.

I also wanted to add something towards Patsy's post regarding the documents needed to apply for a minor childs passport. You may also submit a notarized letter from the other parent authorizing you to obtain a passport for the minor child(ren) but please keep in mind you need an original copy to be sent in with each application.

I just want to thank everyone for your quick response to my question. I have been here long enough that I know I can find a answer to anything. I do like

these forms and says pretty much what I was going to type. Thanks again and everyone have a happy year with a cruise added to make you happy.

Sharon

So, in my sister case, who is not using a passport just a birth certificate. Will she need permission from the dad?

Actually, he is deadbeat somewhere an owe child support. She has not talked to him since she was 5 months preg.

What if he won't sing a permission for the child? Do she really need it?

When I talked to Carnival they said no.

If you have sole custody of the child, then you need not worry. My X visaits when he wants, RARELY. But he does pay child support. I did bring my court papers just in case there was a question. I have a different last name, as I am remarried. They did ask my son if I was his mom, but I think they were kidding.

Archived