Renting a Tux

It covers both formal nights and comes with two shirts and you can pick other options. You will look very handsome. If you order ahead of time it will be waiting in your closet upon boarding or shortly after. Just go to a local tux shop and have them measure you. Make sure you try it on right away in case something needs alteration and they will take care of it right away.

http://www.cruiselineformal.com/

I've rented a tux on numerous cruises across three different cruise lines with no problems. Follow the advice of Sue and get measured to ensure proper fit.

An inexpensive tux/shoes can be purchased for about the price of three rentals.

Enjoy your cruise.

I've rented a tux on numerous cruises across three different cruise lines with no problems. Follow the advice of Sue and get measured to ensure proper fit.

Enjoy your cruise.

Hubby owns a beautiful tux, but with the weight restrictions on luggage for flying and now taking longer cruises it is so much better to rent for us.

Enjoy your cruise.

Hubby owns a beautiful tux, but with the weight restrictions on luggage for flying and now taking longer cruises it is so much better to rent for us.

you can rent the shoes as well.....

other_rentals_heading.gif

Black Formal Shoes

$12.00 Complement your tuxedo with a comfortable pair of Black Formal Shoes, perfect with all our tuxedo packages. 04_black_formal_shoes.gif

Pair of Socks

$6.00 To complete your attire, Cruiseline Formalwear offers Black Formal Socks (yours to keep).

05_socks.gif

OK I'm confused now. Is this website the only option? I thought I remember an onboard option.

Sure you can rent onboard, there is a phone # in the compass to call. If you are really tall or an odd size then I would book ahead. If you are a pretty standard size then you should be fine. The price will be the same from what I have seen.

OK I'm confused now. Is this website the only option? I thought I remember an onboard option.

I think you are confused. Some cruise lines have a limited supply of rentals on board but there is no guarantee you'll be able to get what you want if you don't preorder.

This web site covers all the cruise lines. They will ask you what line and what ship you will be on.

Trust everyone, just go to the web site Sue posted. :)

It seems like the past three cruises there are fewer and fewer tuxedos being worn on formal night. Have others noted this trend of more suits and fewer tuxes?

I tend to agree with Sue L, I own a tux but thinking about leaving it at home this year and just wearing my Italian business suit for both formal and semi-formal nights. I have made a promise that I'm going to pack "lite" this year.

It seems like the past three cruises there are fewer and fewer tuxedos being worn on formal night. Have others noted this trend of more suits and fewer tuxes?

Granted, renting the tux as opposed to carrying a suit is easier. However, having a couple of fine suits, it seems like throwing away $100 - that's just me. I'd even rather apply the $100 to a new suit than renting a tux that I'll never see/use again.

As far as noticing more suits and fewer tuxes, it doesn't seem surprising - the cost of the cruise itself is going up and I think people realize where their money is best spent.

Howard

I tend to agree with Sue L, I own a tux but thinking about leaving it at home this year and just wearing my Italian business suit for both formal and semi-formal nights. I have made a promise that I'm going to pack "lite" this year.

But he is renting it on board, a suit weighs as much as the tux and he is trying to save pounds in the luggage. We have taken 3 cruises in the last year and all have had a good amount of tuxes on them and beside hubby likes to dress up.

I think you are confused. Some cruise lines have a limited supply of rentals on board but there is no guarantee you'll be able to get what you want if you don't preorder.

This web site covers all the cruise lines. They will ask you what line and what ship you will be on.

Trust everyone, just go to the web site Sue posted. :)

Alright, thank you. I just thought I saw something onboard as well.

Anyways I'll look into it more as we get closer.

Thanks for the help everyone!

As far as noticing more suits and fewer tuxes, it doesn't seem surprising - the cost of the cruise itself is going up and I think people realize where their money is best spent.

Howard

Cruises are much cheaper in comparison to when I first started cruising and EVERY night was either Formal (tux) or semi-formal (suit) and just the first and last were casual.

I agree with Sue. Renting a tux saves you space when it comes to packing and repacking. You don't have to worry about anything getting wrinkled, and I always feel dressed up in a tux. If you plan on bringing a suit, try and bring on that you could mix and match with other clothes for the less formal nights. Remember to leave space in your luggage for the things you acquire on the cruise. So do not bring too much. Good Sailing, Murf.

I own my own tux...

But, when I cruise Europe, I rent...

I don't want to take up the valuable luggage space and weight with the tux, shoes and all the acoutrements ...nor do I want it wrinkled...or to dry clean it post cruise...or to schlep it all over Europe during my pre- and post-cruise stops...

For about $100, I'm taken care of...

Do NOT wait until you get onboard...

They have a limited number of tuxes...especially in some sizes...

Let's say you wear a 44 Short...They may only have 2 or 3 of them on the ship...Now let's say there are 3 or 4 others who wear the same size...and they've pre-reserved theirs...and maybe the 44 Rs and 46 shorts are spoken for as well...

Have yourself measured (Your local tux shop or Mens Wearhouse or other similar store will do it for you complimentarily--they understand that you'll come back to them for other needs)...You send that info to the Cruise formal wear website or fax and when you get to the ship, the tux will be waiting in your cabin closet--with enough shirts for all the formal nights...

I book the shoes as well...Tux shoes just take up too much space and weight in the suitcase...

I will pack my own black socks though--they are easy enough...

After the last formal night, the cabin steward hauls everything away for you.

With luggage restrictions as tight as they are now on some flights...and just the space issue, why pack my own Tux OR suit? And why pack tux shoes or dress shoes?

The tux rental is actually cheaper than you's pay to rent a tux for a single affair here in SoCal...

Alright, thank you. I just thought I saw something onboard as well.

Anyways I'll look into it more as we get closer.

Thanks for the help everyone!

See post #11, they are available. They announced it and it was in the compass.

We just got off of the 5 night Navigator western Caribbean cruise. While the ladies were dressed to the nines and generally looked stunning, there were very few men wearing tuxes. Some wore dark suits but the majority were in sports jackets or everyday business suits. However, one young gentleman wore a gorgeous tuxedo and I went up to him and thanked him for dressing so nicely for us ladies. He said his wife picked it out! (of course!) So, if you want to rent a tux I'm all for it but don't in any way feel that you must.

Archived