Can I upgrade on Century?

browneyedpete

For our sailing, there is availability showing in Oceanview, OV with veranda, CC class, and FV (Family). What are you interested in? You would be the only one to determine if it is worth it to move up, depending on what you are paying for your Inside (which, BTW look really nice, but could be tight with 3) as compared to another stateroom.

The current rate for the Inside is $489.00 pp. To move up to an Oceanview, the rate would be $529 pp. In my opinion, the Oceanview isn't any bigger than the Inside and since this is your first cruise, you will be fine where you are. Even if you moved to a veranda or CC, you wouldn't really gain much more room...only the wonderful balcony. The nicest thing about having a window or balcony, is being able to see where you are, or what the weather is like when you wake up. Eating breakfast on the balcony is wonderfully fun!

Have you seen those great photos of the Inside that were posted the other day? I am getting ready to turn-in, but if you haven't seen them, leave a message and I will find them for you tomorrow. ;)

The current rate for the Inside is $489.00 pp. To move up to an Oceanview, the rate would be $529 pp. In my opinion, the Oceanview isn't any bigger than the Inside and since this is your first cruise, you will be fine where you are. Even if you moved to a veranda or CC, you wouldn't really gain much more room...only the wonderful balcony. The nicest thing about having a window or balcony, is being able to see where you are, or what the weather is like when you wake up. Eating breakfast on the balcony is wonderfully fun!

Have you seen those great photos of the Inside that were posted the other day? I am getting ready to turn-in, but if you haven't seen them, leave a message and I will find them for you tomorrow. ;)

I didn't see the photos and I would love to. I did google pics of Grand Cayman and it looks beautiful. I really want to see Rum Point. I'm really getting excited I can't wait

I paid $330.00 pp my plane tickets actually were more than the cruise. I just didn't know how much time do you really spend in your room? Does the room you're in make your cruise better or just gives you more room?

That depends entirely on you. My husband and I love to have breakfast on our balcony, and sit out there with a good book in the afternoons and just relax. We like to enjoy the cabin.

My mother, on the other hand, is never in her room. She always wants to be out and about and on the go. For her, anything but the cheapest room is a total waste of money.

So it depends on what you like to do with your time.

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/view.php?id=2881

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2327840450095852781DSzFNp

These are the best! IMG_0970

You can also look here http://www.geocities.com/mahdnc/cabinpix.html

to look at balcony cabins. Sorry, I don't have a photo of an Oceanview, but it will be the same size as an inside and will have a window in place of the mirror.

They sure do, but don't cost much less than the alcoholic drinks. :rolleyes:

Another tip, drinks in the specialty cups (Celebrity logo, etc..) cost more than asking for a drink in a regular cup. Unless you want to collect the cups, there is no need to get the specialty cup.

I think I mentioned this before, but those drinks that the crew hand out on the first day ARE NOT FREE (unless it is the welcome onboard champagne and punch) ! They bring them out on trays and offer to guest around the pool. Once you grab one, they grab you with the bill. :D They are fun to have for the sailaway, though. :) Just be aware, as many passengers are not.

Does anyone know if Celebrity is still offering the free sorbet around the pool and those wonderful frozen washcloths?

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/view.php?id=2881

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2327840450095852781DSzFNp

These are the best! IMG_0970

You can also look here http://www.geocities.com/mahdnc/cabinpix.html

to look at balcony cabins. Sorry, I don't have a photo of an Oceanview, but it will be the same size as an inside and will have a window in place of the mirror.

Thanks for these links. We sail on Feb. 14th and I've been looking and looking and looking at various pictures to help with the excitement. This is our first cruise on Celebrity.

Do you know of any pictures that show a SIDEWAYS INSIDE cabin. This is what we have and although I have read about them, have not seen any pictures.

We have sailed in a balcony, oceanview, promenande view and inside. To the OP, it all depends upon the cruise itself, budget and cabin. I feel very confident with an inside cabin on this cruise.

Stay where you're at - it's all on the same ship..;)

The location could be hunky dory for all I know, but if it were me, I'd move! :eek:

The very front of the bow for a first timer could be unpleasant because of motion. Also, I don't know what's located in the white area before your cabin. Could be a crew area next to you and below your cabin.

Hopefully, someone else will give an opinion. If not, try posting a new thread about your cabin number and location.

Archived