Icy Straights

Diva Onboard

There is a nice touristy shopping area right where the tender comes in and the town is up the road a bit. I would suggest taking some kind of tour that will get you into the wilderness a bit. We did a bear search and didn't see any, but enjoyed our Tlinglet guide and the beautiful countryside. We did see many bald eagles and signs of bear. I think this is a great area for whale watching as well as we saw many from the ship as we were arriving. We actually got rerouted to Hoonah because we couldn't port in Skagway because of high winds. We really enjoyed it, but do recommend some sort of a tour. I don't think there would be too much to do otherwise.

About how long does the tender take to get from ship to shore? Whenever we tender I usually stay on the ship for fear of getting sea sick. I'm ok on the ship, but the up and down rolling motion of small boats gets me sick. I'd like to try going to shore, but I don't know if I could last too long.

About how long does the tender take to get from ship to shore? Whenever we are at a tender port, I usually stay on the ship for fear of getting sea sick. I'm ok on the ship, but the up and down rolling motion of small boats gets me sick. I'd like to try going to shore, but I don't know if I could last too long.

About how long does the tender take to get from ship to shore? Whenever we are at a tender port, I usually stay on the ship for fear of getting sea sick. I'm ok on the ship, but the up and down rolling motion of small boats gets me sick. I'd like to try going to shore, but I don't know if I could last too long.

It's quite short - 10 minutes at the most. You can see how far it is in this photo (thats the Radiance in the distance) - http://www.youralaskacruise.com/reviews/alaskacruises2006/3985.html

Archived