All things Independence of the Seas

We got an invite for 27th April. Good chance to have a look around, as we're doing the May 21st sailing anyway.

Hey good for you, we were on the May 21st sailing but I moved it to the 6th May when they released the extra couple of sailings, price was the same and we got an extra port of call. :D

Liz, I don't follow this thread, but we just booked the 2009 westbound transatlantic. So when you do post your pixies, please send me a link. Pretty please!:D

thanks

jc

mmmm....let me think....mmm....yea of course JC :D I did notice you were posting about cabins on ID so I was going to ask which one you booked and did you want pics if I can get them :D

Liz, the dang ship will probably be refurbed before I sail on her. They will have changed the carpets and furniture, so your pixies won't help me at all. I want pixies of E1 corner afts particularly portside ones.:D ;)

thanks

jc

Liz, the dang ship will probably be refurbed before I sail on her. They will have changed the carpets and furniture, so your pixies won't help me at all. I want pixies of E1 corner afts particularly portside ones.:D ;)

thanks

jc

Ok JC now your post confused me...which yes that is easy sometimes :p

You can email me which cabin in particular or post it here whatever suits you best and I will see what I can do :D

First bit was a joke, I don't sail for like 612 days. The second part was trying to tell you what cabins to book without telling the world my cabin number. there are 4 E1 aft portside corner cabins.

jc

Well after reading your thread about cabins I have idea which one it might be :D but I will see what I can do...all depends who is in that cabins...if it is celebs with big bodyguards then I aint knocking on their doors :eek:

Hi All-

I just checked the prices for our cruise on the Indy, as I do everyday, not expecting any price drops (we are sailing over a very popular school break time here in the USA). To my great surprise, our cruise fare dropped and we saved $510 total!:D

It may be worth going in to check if the same is true for anyone else's sailing dates! I hope others will be as fortunate as we were! Good luck!!

rushton family.....welcome to cruise critic:)

are you new to cruising as well? if so, you must have a million questions that we'd love to answer:D and if this is your 1st cruise....WOW.....it will be hard to follow unless of course you're considering the genesis class;)

sue.....i am cruising on the new years eve cruise....i doubt there's been a decrease but i will get my travel agent on it PRONTO

I thought most ships had heated pools :) Brilliance and Jewel had there pools heated for Transatlantics :D

Having kids heat it by using it as a urinal doesn't count!:eek:

I don't believe any of the ships I have been on have a heated pool.

jc

jc

We are in cabin 1700 June of this year, this is a very strange shaped cabin :) but will send you pics of the balcony area.

Liz not seen anything on tv about the find a godmother :confused:

George :D

Check out the ads on ITV tonight...like when Emmerdale or Corrie is on :D

Thank you Cruzobsessed for your welcome. Yes we are very excited about this holiday. Myself and DH did do a cruise about 11 years ago on Costa Cruises but I think this one will way outshine that one. :) I do have a question though I see people saying they are saving money on their cruises. If I do a search with RC on their website the cruise I'm on doesn't come up as available anymore.....I guess I just have to pay what's outstanding LOL! I do have a million other questions but will wait until the inaugural so I can get some feedback rather than blasting you with millions of questions.;)

I thought most ships had heated pools :) Brilliance and Jewel had there pools heated for Transatlantics :D

The Independence is the only Freedom Class ship to have heated pools. :D

I have to say I am a bittie sad at the lack of enthusiasm on CC by the launch of the Independence. I remember all the hype and excitement for Freedom and even last year for Liberty. It would be nice to see the Independence receive the same treatment.

Maybe because she is homeporting here in UK that is why she isnt getting so much CC attention. :(

The Independence is the only Freedom Class ship to have heated pools. :D

I have to say I am a bittie sad at the lack of enthusiasm on CC by the launch of the Independence. I remember all the hype and excitement for Freedom and even last year for Liberty. It would be nice to see the Independence receive the same treatment.

Maybe because she is homeporting here in UK that is why she isnt getting so much CC attention. :(

So, they are really heated? :confused: I now have an amazing amount of enthusiam for the Indy! I will regularly berate my fellow yanks about the lack of respect we are showing to our UK friends. ;) :D

jc