All things Independence of the Seas

Hi All,

Spent some time last night looking at some of the offerings. Many looked appealing. What are the rest of you considering. Jay and I have been to most of our ports but not Cagliari or Seville. One of the tours for Seville is a trip to Jerez and a Horse Show. I thought it looked very interesting.

What are your thoughts.

Regards,

Shannon

Liz,

We will be in Southampton on Sat 26th and Sunday 27th April - will we get to see Independance or is she sailing out on Friday 25th with you lucky ******* on board?:p

Well, looking at the schedule-

Arrives-25/04/08 at 07.00

Leaves-28/04/08 at 17.00

I would say the ID will be Dockside on 26th and 27th April(so she doesnt go out to sea) ...do you want me to wave to you :p :D

Heck I dont even know what date I am on her yet...though I would really love to be in Southampton when she arrives on the 25th April.

In just over a week we should all know more about whats happening in April ;)

Good Week-

I think it is good that all of you will be taking her out of England. It usually takes a crew awhile for all things to come together in ther working together. But her sparkle will take care off of that:D And if you have Ricardo it will be going tops for you. I hope he is not on holiday when we come in November.

Question again for those traveled on the Freedom Class-do the children behave well on board???:confused: These ships are made for families. So I am just wondering and would love to get any responses!!

Thanks-

LindaMae

Hi:

I got the new Crown & Anchor magazine in the mail yesterday. One of the articles was about the Independence of the Seas and the next page was all about her captain, Hernan Zini. I thought it was interesting that when he joined RCCL in 2002, at age 34, he became the youngest Captain in the fleet. He said he was going to assigned to the Independence of the Seas for a good part of 2008, along with Captain Teo. Then he plans to join the Genesis project team for the next two years, then take out the second Genesis ship in September 2010.

Happy Cruising.....Sparkle 10 (Anita):p

PS Saving certificates were also in the magazine, but I think they're the same ones I get on-line.

Good Day Everyone-

We no longer get the magazine in the US-I do miss the articles.:mad:

Everything has gone to the email coupons. I guess it is a sign of the times. Glad to hear that there will be coupons for this ship.

LindaMae

Question again for those traveled on the Freedom Class-do the children behave well on board???:confused: These ships are made for families. So I am just wondering and would love to get any responses

LindaMae :D

There are such a lot of things for the children to do on the Freedom Class ships that most of them are well behaved. No matter what the size of the ship,you can come across badly behaved children..and for that matter adults.

One of the best things on these ships is that the children have their own pool area and that makes quite a difference in my experience. Also they generally love the Flow rider be it to watch or take part.:D

I experienced more badly behaved children on the Navigator in the Med than I did on the Freedom in the Caribbean.

Every cruise is different. I hope you have a wonderful cruise :D

Hi Lindamae:

I always get the Crown & Anchor magazine and I live in Des Moines, Iowa. I don't think it's because I'm a Diamond member; I thought everyone got it.:rolleyes:

I've had my reservation for the Italian Med Cruise for September 6, 2008, on the Independence for quite a while now and also I have a NY Eve cruise booked on the IOS for this year. In the article in the magazine, it says that the reservations for the Independence will open on March 14th for the summer season in Europe, autumn in the Canary Islands, and winter in the Caribbean. Like I said, I've had my two reservations for quite awhile now, but that's what the article states...

Happy Cruising....Sparkle 10 (Anita)

PS They did go from the big magazine to the little ones, and now they're back to the bigger C&A magazine again, which I really like better than the smaller one.

Anita :D

I would guess they mean the bookings for summer 09 in Europe for the Independence will open on March 14th 08 :)

Thanks for the info on Capt Zini with regard to the Genesis :D

We here in UK only get our C&A magazine 3 times a year and it has different stories etc in it I believe to the one in the US.

Hi

I am cruising for the first time and thought the Indepedence would be the best way to start. We are taking the mini curise on the 2nd May to Cork.

Any suggestions re: Parking and staying the night before the cruise?

Any other suggestions would be most welcome as we are brand new to this. We are also thinking about doing the transalantic one in November from the UK to USA.

Happy to meet up with others on the boat who might be cruising then

Vickie:)

countdown.pl?name=Vicand&date=5-2-2008&image=Beach-10&text=Just the beginning&ship=Independence of the Seas

Happy Birthday Liz-I know we are on a different clock time then you so I can on hope you have had a wonderful day.:)

We have over 20 cruises with RCI, and sure enough our magazine came yesterday. I really do not think we got our magazines last year. I did also notice it said welcome to our new booklet. They have done a much nicer job than the ones before.

Also Liz thanks for the information on the kids. We did the Navigator after thanksgiving in 06, and did not have problems. It maybe sometimes just the luck of the draw.

We will be leaving in 3 week for Mexican Riviera. The water is cold this time of year, but the sunshine is great!! It will be nice to be warm:cool:

Hi Vickie, Welcome to Cruise Critic. We just checked out your profile but not many clues there. I would guess that like us (Joan and myself) you are UK based. I promise you will be knocked out by Independence. We took the transAtlantic on Navigator last April. Our expectations were high but goodness me the ship was amazing. Our two week voyage from Miami whizzed by. So, we have to wait a good many months until we, like you, do the 6 November TransAtlantic to Fort Lauderdale. We have reserved one of the Promenade cabins - hope this was a good idea! I am looking forward to hearing reports from you lucky passengers taking the early May Cobh sailing. Hope to hear from you. Best regards

Brian and Joan

Hi

I am cruising for the first time and thought the Indepedence would be the best way to start. We are taking the mini curise on the 2nd May to Cork.

Any suggestions re: Parking and staying the night before the cruise?

Any other suggestions would be most welcome as we are brand new to this. We are also thinking about doing the transalantic one in November from the UK to USA.

Happy to meet up with others on the boat who might be cruising then

Vickie:)

countdown.pl?name=Vicand&date=5-2-2008&image=Beach-10&text=Just the beginning&ship=Independence of the Seas

Hi Vickie

I'm also doing the 2 May inaugural as our first cruise and very excited about it. We had parking included with our booking so I've not had to worry about that, and we're only a couple of hours away from Southampton so no need to stay the night before. However I have stayed at the De Vere Grand Harbour before which is very nice although a bit pricey! There are plenty of other hotels like the Novotel and others like that right at the port, they might include parking.

Do join the roll call, there's not been a lot going on over there recently!

All the best

Nina