All things Independence of the Seas

Cheered by her safe and prompt return to Turku after seatrials.

Got my Explorations! booklet yesterday for our trip on 6th May. Anyone know which -if any - of the Canaries Ports of Call are tender ports, or does she dock at them all?

If you click on the link below, it will take you to where others on your sailing are chatting on your roll call and someone there will no doubt be able to help you.:D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=680845

They didnt have much wind out in the Baltics but they did have a lot of fog apparently but she sure is looking good...ok she has a few bits to be finished but she is a cracker none the less :D

I have been sitting for past 10 minutes studying the pics of the Pub..yea as you do...and to me it looks bigger than the FR or LB ...I dont remember that window to the right on the others :confused:

Cheered by her safe and prompt return to Turku after seatrials.

Got my Explorations! booklet yesterday for our trip on 6th May. Anyone know which -if any - of the Canaries Ports of Call are tender ports, or does she dock at them all?

She docks at them all

I've just booked Ind of the seas for 2009. They asked me if I wanted 4 or 8 table,if I choose 4 table will it definitely be this or could it be a small table for say 6. I would like my own family table but don't really want to share with just one other couple in which case I would choose a larger table. (hope this makes sense) and that someone knows the answer. Thanks:o

As we're a few hours over one month away from sailing, a couple of specific questions, please ( from SWMBO!:p )

A) The hairdryers in the staterooms: In the bathroom or by the dressing mirror?

B) As irons aren't allowed, how about hair straighteners?

(Hopefully folks who've been on the FOTS may know)

Thanks in advance!

As we're a few hours over one month away from sailing, a couple of specific questions, please ( from SWMBO!:p )

A) The hairdryers in the staterooms: In the bathroom or by the dressing mirror?

B) As irons aren't allowed, how about hair straighteners?

(Hopefully folks who've been on the FOTS may know)

Thanks in advance!

A) Hair Dryer can be found in a drawer in dressing table/mirror.

B) Hair straighteners are allowed.

Hi everyone. I have loved looking over this thread. I am sorry if this has been answered before.

Here is what I know:

Freedom class ships have the hot tubs over the edge.:o

Freedom class ships have the wave ride.

Freedom class ships have the H20 zone.

Freedom class ships have a wider and longer Promenade.

The Independence has heated pools.

Are there other things I am missing? I am curious what will be different between the Independence and the Mariner. Also, what is the difference between the Independence and the other Freedom class ships.

Right now we are booked on the Independence :D , but with the Freedom moving to Canaveral, we may wait? Thanks!

BUMP!! Is anyone as excited about this ship as my son is - he's 10 and on the maiden voyage 5/2/09. What exactly is supposed to be going on for the maiden revenue paying cruise - anything special?? Fireworks etc -when we got our tickets it was if this sailing was nothing special!!

BUMP!! Is anyone as excited about this ship as my son is - he's 10 and on the maiden voyage 5/2/09. What exactly is supposed to be going on for the maiden revenue paying cruise - anything special?? Fireworks etc -when we got our tickets it was if this sailing was nothing special!!

Hi Rachel

Just wondered when you got your tickets. We are sailing on 21st May and not received anything yet......

How lovely to be on maiden voyage. Hope you have a fabulous time and lots and lots of pictures!!!

:)

I have to agree...we're flying all the way across the Pond for the maiden voyage and there seems to be ZERO excitement:confused: :confused: !!! It will really be a huge disappointment if there's no fanfare:( ! We haven't gotten our tix yet, though..not that far away now, either!!!:D