All things Independence of the Seas

The first attempt to break the bottle of champagne during the naming ceremony of the world's largest cruise ship in Southampton ended in a splutter rather than a smash. LOL

The role of ship's godmother is typically reserved for dignitaries or celebrities. But in a change Liz Hill, a 56-year-old farmer's wife from Derbyshire, was chosen to be godmother

Liz's daughter Alicia, 13 yesterday, nominated her mum for having founded the Game Lea Countryside Training Trust, a charity for young people.

Before the ceremony, which featured Scottish pipers and Irish dancers, mum-of-four Liz said: "It is such a great honour to name such a magnificent ship."

As well as naming the ship, Liz - who has never been on a cruise - has been given VIP voyages for two for the next ten years.

WOW VIP trips lovely lol

jj...

Hi Soblue

I tried to book today " Dec 2009 P&O Oceana (Xmas & New Years Cruise) Back to Back in the Caribbean (Just Booked):D Great Deal"

and said SOLD OUT

Who did you book with?

james

Sorry about my late reply busy working to pay for the cruises :)

Thank you for your positive comments of the photos. Including all the other posters, cheers :D

James.

We booked the Oceana 2009 Xmas cruise with a company based in Cardiff and advertise in the weekend national papers (not allowed to mention the TA on the boards)

Andrew

Sorry about my late reply busy working to pay for the cruises :)

Thank you for your positive comments of the photos. Including all the other posters, cheers :D

James.

We booked the Oceana 2009 Xmas cruise with a company based in Cardiff and advertise in the weekend national papers (not allowed to mention the TA on the boards)

Andrew

still no luck in booking ask them do they have any more cabins

Anyone else think it is ironic to have a US based company Commission a ship named "Independance" in England?? Old King George probably rolled over in his grave!

She looks like a wonderful ship. Looking forward to her coming to the "Colonies" this winter!

something to think about hahaha

The ship had no Champagne left onboard last night :eek: I hope they managed to get some for the Maiden Voyage today...as I was told the delivery wouldnt onboard till next week.

She is a beautiful ship...really gorgeous.:D

We couldnt get suite pics as they werent available for viewing due to celebs onboard.

Oh on our sailing...no smoking indoors at all....portside decks 4,11 & 12 only...not in any of the bars etc at all...oh yea and it was flipping freezing the last few days and windy :(

Will try to sort out pics etc over the weekend but sorry really too tired at the moment...heck cant even think straight just now.

There has been a couple of changes to names on the Independence.

The Dining Room names now are King Lear, Macbeth , Romeo & Juliet.

The Disco is now The Labyrinth.

I am so glad now I didnt finish my boarding outfit last week ;)

Does this mean that someone must die if we eat in the dining room? :D ;)

jc

It is only a 15 min walk to the cable car station from the ship :) once at the top of the cable car station the whicker sledges are right there :) and a lot less than the ships tour.

Remember, the walk to the cable car is one walk and then the walk at the end of the toboggan is another. There are cabs for those who are not interested in a fairly long hike for the entire thing. We walked it, but a lot of folks won't be able to. It was a ton of fun though!

jc