All things Independence of the Seas

And that ladies and gentlemen is a great example of why I posted in the original immersion thread about hating the idea of travelling with people like this lunatic.

I've been on RCI ships before more than once and found the food to be outstanding both times.

I do not know this guy but i would bet my house and life savings that he is a sad little man living in a coucil flat with his wife (both of whom will have terrible teeth and possibly B.O) who has saved up for years to go on a cruise simply so he can come home and complain complain complain.

You give me and mine a bad name

ha have you noyiced how there is always one on these baords, they always seen to get the best suites and then moan about everything, pound to a penny they have not been on the ship or if they did no one liked them, these is always someone you dont like eh, cant get rid of? and his ref to pikey??? where that from,

I would just ignore them hope they go away, I see they only have a few posts anyway

ha have you noyiced how there is always one on these baords, they always seen to get the best suites and then moan about everything, pound to a penny they have not been on the ship or if they did no one liked them, these is always someone you dont like eh, cant get rid of? and his ref to pikey??? where that from,

I would just ignore them hope they go away, I see they only have a few posts anyway

great post!!

and i see you have a pretty busy 18months?? isn't it a shame you can't get ocean miles???

I'm sorry but you are a total waste of space on this planet.

You come on these threads just to stir and ruin peoples holidays who have not yet sailed with your lies and insults towards others.What rights do you have to judge me?

You ever met me?

NO!

So STOP telling me I am a BULTLINS crowd and basically riff raff.Bet you have never been to a Butlins in your life' date=' if you have you'd see they are fun to.

Why don't you just stick to the p&o bords rather than troll on here.

People like you think you are better than all the rest.

You make me so angry.

If I ever meet you i think i'd slap you for all the insults you've said.

:mad: :mad: :mad:[/quote']

I have my opinion & the post from coxswain http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=785605&page=3 confirms my opinion of the food! I get called a snob but slated for calling those that RCI seem to be filling Independence with the Butlins crowd! two & faced comes to mind, also where do you get off threatening people Quote "If I ever meet you i think i'd slap you" ?

Seems the cap fits after all!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

For somebody who has eaten as I, on the Queen Mary. You are in for a big shock when you try the main dining room on Independence!

And so back to our regular service :D

Thought some of our Indy cruisers might like to see this jacket I wore for the Pre-Inaugural

IndyBoardingjacket.jpg

Hi Liz,

Great to see the jacket again!!! Hope you are well and your Oasis plans are coming together, we are counting the weeks to our Indy cruise at the end of July.

Paul & Louise

Hi Paul & Louise :D

That jacket brings back some lovely memories eh :D

I am great thanks and I hope you and Louise are well and excited about returning to the Indy next month..you are so lucky to be going on her again...she really is a beautiful ship isnt she...and fantastic crew :D I hope you have a great time.

I LOVE SUITES -Thanks ..took weeks and weeks to iron on all the rhinestones and work out the designs :D I have trousers/polo neck jumper to match it all. And the back has special irons etc on it also. My friends at RCCL say I am their own walking billboard for the company :D

For somebody who has eaten as I, on the Queen Mary. You are in for a big shock when you try the main dining room on Independence!

I thought the QM2 food was crap to be honest. Each to their own. Even worse was Queens grill on QE2. Very over rated indeed.

Your post just confirms my original thoughts, the Independence seems set for the cut price holiday camp crowd, though it's nice to hear they have more people on the Med cruise with a more discerning palate than the 20th May crowd! RCI could probably guarantee a full ship if they put Chicken nuggets & chips, Burgers & Kebabs on in the main dining room!:eek:

Not sure anyone who cruises would fit that description. I doubt Gordon himself could plate dinner to satisfy such a specific palate....

Take a deep breath, release the bad and enjoy life...cruises have so many varied venues only one who steps on the ship determined to have a bad experience usually does.

A very wise person once said...Life is what you make it...

I choose to make it great...every day!

Not sure anyone who cruises would fit that description. I doubt Gordon himself could plate dinner to satisfy such a specific palate....

Take a deep breath, release the bad and enjoy life...cruises have so many varied venues only one who steps on the ship determined to have a bad experience usually does.

A very wise person once said...Life is what you make it...

I choose to make it great...every day!

Nice Barb, Thanks!!

Hi folks i'm just back from the IOS and i can say there were some faults - the menu in our eyes was poor ( i had no complaints with the taste or it being served cold )

Some food in the windjammer was cold - and we did run out of butter/semi milk ( i think with so many people onboard the food is geared to the masses )

Quick review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=15040481&posted=1#post15040481

jj.....

Hello Naming Ceremony Cruisers!

Just reading some of the posts, Liz, the jacket is a nice reminder of our 'party cruise' weren't we privileged with all the lovely entertainment and drinks parties they put on for us, the weather was a godsend to be able to crash out and recover for the next evenings entertainment, those hot tubs were the best for my recovery, I had to be very careful not to fall asleep in them!

Ham,

Hope you and Louise are well, wish we were coming with you in July, have a drink or two for us we don't want to miss the fun! not long for you now. Hope your children didn't miss you too much and that you had a better drive back home than when you joined the ship last time.

Ruth and Mike

Hello Naming Ceremony Cruisers!

Just reading some of the posts, Liz, the jacket is a nice reminder of our 'party cruise' weren't we privileged with all the lovely entertainment and drinks parties they put on for us, the weather was a godsend to be able to crash out and recover for the next evenings entertainment, those hot tubs were the best for my recovery, I had to be very careful not to fall asleep in them!

Ham,

Hope you and Louise are well, wish we were coming with you in July, have a drink or two for us we don't want to miss the fun! not long for you now. Hope your children didn't miss you too much and that you had a better drive back home than when you joined the ship last time.

Ruth and Mike

Hi Ruth & Mike,

The kids are getting very excited now waiting for the cruise, we can't wait to get back onboard!! We had a better drive back weather wise, I had to stop at a service station after an hour driving because I felt shattered - We decided to have a 10 minute nap & woke up in the car 2 hours later!!! I think it's called 'burning the candle at both ends'!!

Paul

Thought some of our Indy cruisers might like to see this jacket I wore for the Pre-Inaugural

>IndyBoardingjacket.jpg

Loved the jacket Liz :) that's how I knew you were you when getting ready to board. It's even better in person.

IndyBoardingjacket.jpg

Loved the jacket Liz :) that's how I knew you were you when getting ready to board. It's even better in person.

Several other posters on other threads have bashed and given the food on IOS a bad review. Is it really that bad? Can anyone who has sailed on her recently please give a review of the food and dining experience? I hope it's just a few people who are never satisfied just mouthing off and not really a terrible situation. I'm sailing on the IOS next year and I don't want to be disappointed. I mean after spending money and look forward to this cruise I don't need to worry about my dinners being terrible.:eek: :eek:

Several other posters on other threads have bashed and given the food on IOS a bad review. Is it really that bad? Can anyone who has sailed on her recently please give a review of the food and dining experience? I hope it's just a few people who are never satisfied just mouthing off and not really a terrible situation. I'm sailing on the IOS next year and I don't want to be disappointed. I mean after spending money and look forward to this cruise I don't need to worry about my dinners being terrible.:eek: :eek:

I just got off on 14 June after 2 weeks and some nights I could not see anything that jumps out at you that you want to try. What we had was 2 pasta, 1 or 2 fish, chicken allways a cold soup and things I had not though of to make a soup from. The cold Prawns had no taste. At lunch the menue did not change for 2 weeks but did have a special on black board. We did have lamb chops one night and it said lobster and steak but the lobster was less than 2 inches long so it might have been a tiger prawn. Sweets were very small and they knew it because always asking you want two. On the Jewel last year and had great food. Bye the way they did run out of things for the 2 week cruise. But guess you can find something on the ship to eat. I can and will eat anything but this cruise was hard going.

by the way Cruiser Forever I will be in N. Y. in Oct

I just got off on 14 June after 2 weeks and some nights I could not see anything that jumps out at you that you want to try. What we had was 2 pasta, 1 or 2 fish, chicken allways a cold soup and things I had not though of to make a soup from. The cold Prawns had no taste. At lunch the menue did not change for 2 weeks but did have a special on black board. We did have lamb chops one night and it said lobster and steak but the lobster was less than 2 inches long so it might have been a tiger prawn. Sweets were very small and they knew it because always asking you want two. On the Jewel last year and had great food. Bye the way they did run out of things for the 2 week cruise. But guess you can find something on the ship to eat. I can and will eat anything but this cruise was hard going.

by the way Cruiser Forever I will be in N. Y. in Oct

To be honest I know what you are saying, but I did not find it that bad. We had a great time. Celebrity food its not, but then on Celebrity the food is great, but there is not much else happening on the ship

Ian

I've just returned from the Med Treasures Cruise and was very satisfied with the food on offer. I didn't even bother with the Dining Room much, happily sticking to the buffet in Windjammers. There was always at least four soups on offer in there and to the poster who mentioned 'cold soup' with strange ingredients, perhaps it was a chilled soup, one of which was always on offer in the buffet and was invariably good on the occasions I had it. The choice in there is plentiful. :)

The food in the Windjammer is over seasoned, a sure sign of poor produce, and I'd suspect the Asian dishes to be full of MSG. In the main dining room, the most anybody would rate the food who has a clue about fine dining would be poor.

IOS is for the mass cruise market and the food reflects that. If I buy a first class air ticket to New York, I don't expect to get the same food as economy class, and therein lies the problem with IOS if your in steerage you get the same food as somebody who has paid out for a suite, and in that case it's probably a good deal. Unfortunately if you've paid for anything better, I should think food wise you'll feel short changed!

(Time to take cover:D:p)

Don´t worry. The food on IOS was as good as any I have eaten on an RCL ship. Very tasty and well prepared. Just try to avoid Englishmen with tin helmets on.

To be honest I know what you are saying, but I did not find it that bad. We had a great time. Celebrity food its not, but then on Celebrity the food is great, but there is not much else happening on the ship

Ian

Hi Ian

Yes it was a nice cruise and some great stops but the Jewel is not Celebrity and the food was a better choice than this cruise. I see you are going on her again so tell us if any changes from your first cruise on her. Yes I would go again .

some new photos on my link...........

Ian

Nice to 'see' you again, it seems so long since our Millennium cruise. We are booked on IOS in August, a few weeks before your September sailing, in fact my parents are on the same sailing as you though.

Has anyone stayed in an OS ? If so, what was it like and are there are pics?

We have sailed X and RCI numerous times. It isn't the same experience and you have to accept that when booking, however that is not to say it is a worse experience, just different in many ways.

A holiday is what you make it and mine are always fabulous :D