All things Independence of the Seas

I'm buying a tin helmet!

I think you might want to switch your Ventura cruise back to Independance OS :D :eek: . Read the latest review by PETER who describes it as "Butlins crowd", full of uncontrolled children, and ship design not up to P.O usual standard........................at least on Indy they can run riot in H2O zone etc not takening over

hot tubs like on Ventura Bon Voyage my friend :rolleyes:

p.s no concerege lounge to escape to either on Ventura when all the bars and Lounges are FULL including Chlidren................

Don´t worry. The food on IOS was as good as any I have eaten on an RCL ship. Very tasty and well prepared. Just try to avoid Englishmen with tin helmets on.

I can see that the reviews are mixed. My family and I do enjoy eating in the dining room and you say not to worry. I'm wondering why the RCI is not as tasty as Celebrity's? Afterall, they are sister companies.:confused: Others have posted that the Celebrity food quality is better. I hope thing improve by next year. BTW, did you enjoy your ports of call?

Originally Posted by timespliters

I just got off on 14 June after 2 weeks and some nights I could not see anything that jumps out at you that you want to try. What we had was 2 pasta, 1 or 2 fish, chicken allways a cold soup and things I had not though of to make a soup from. The cold Prawns had no taste. At lunch the menue did not change for 2 weeks but did have a special on black board. We did have lamb chops one night and it said lobster and steak but the lobster was less than 2 inches long so it might have been a tiger prawn. Sweets were very small and they knew it because always asking you want two. On the Jewel last year and had great food. Bye the way they did run out of things for the 2 week cruise. But guess you can find something on the ship to eat. I can and will eat anything but this cruise was hard going.

by the way Cruiser Forever I will be in N. Y. in Oct

Enjoy your trip to NY. October is a nice time of year to visit. And let's hope they don't run out of food on my voyage.:eek:

Several other posters on other threads have bashed and given the food on IOS a bad review. Is it really that bad? Can anyone who has sailed on her recently please give a review of the food and dining experience? I hope it's just a few people who are never satisfied just mouthing off and not really a terrible situation. I'm sailing on the IOS next year and I don't want to be disappointed.

We were on the 21st May cruise on Indy and, like others, we cannot believe that some of the posters here were talking about the same cruise. For us the food was excellent, best we've had on RCCI because it had flavour! Taste is always subjective, but the variety and quality of dishes in the Windjammer at lunch and in the dining room in the evening was very good, with perhaps the exception of one evening in the dining room. It was definitely better than Infinity, whose food made us determined not to go on an M class ship again (Galaxy and Century were much better than Infinity). AND our waiter (Elena) managed to produce real English mustard when we asked, not the squirty sauce that goes on hot dogs.

Given that the kitchens produce 2,000 meals twice an evening I believe that the quality is pretty good. Not the Ritz, but then again we paid the equivalent of $250 for a dinner for two in a London restaurant this week and Independence compared very favourably. That restaurant had a water view too, but when we woke up next morning we were still in the same place as when we'd gone to bed.......

Vortigern

We were on the 21st May cruise on Indy and, like others, we cannot believe that some of the posters here were talking about the same cruise. For us the food was excellent, best we've had on RCCI because it had flavour! Taste is always subjective, but the variety and quality of dishes in the Windjammer at lunch and in the dining room in the evening was very good, with perhaps the exception of one evening in the dining room. It was definitely better than Infinity, whose food made us determined not to go on an M class ship again (Galaxy and Century were much better than Infinity). AND our waiter (Elena) managed to produce real English mustard when we asked, not the squirty sauce that goes on hot dogs.

Given that the kitchens produce 2,000 meals twice an evening I believe that the quality is pretty good. Not the Ritz, but then again we paid the equivalent of $250 for a dinner for two in a London restaurant this week and Independence compared very favourably. That restaurant had a water view too, but when we woke up next morning we were still in the same place as when we'd gone to bed.......

Vortigern

Great to hear some positive thoughts on RCI food. Having not travelled with RCI before I was getting slightly worried about all the negative posts! As you say - it's all subjective.

Thanks for your perspective.:):)

Great to hear some positive thoughts on RCI food. Having not travelled with RCI before I was getting slightly worried about all the negative posts! As you say - it's all subjective.

Thanks for your perspective.:):)

The negative posts are mainly from one person and we all know who that is. My advice is to ignore her or is it him? I don't know and I don't care. Don't worry, I have never had a bad meal on RCI, you will have great meals and a great time. Enjoy!

Chia Chonga

While on IoS last week we were next to Ventura and some got off and saying they might not get off at next stops due to Norovirus Illness Outbreak on board .

Last time I was on a P&O ship we had many with this and many officers as well.

Just found this about it -

http://www.irwinmitchell.com/News/Norovirus-PO-Ventura-Cruise-Ship.htm

We just booked cabin 6336 (E2 balcony in the middle of the hump) for the March 15th 6 day Western Caribbean. It will be just DH and me (our first cruise!) to celebrate my 40th birthday and our 14th wedding anniversary 10 days later. We are very excited.

Thanks for all the good info, and I love the pictures!

Question: would you suggest a large or small table for dining request? We prefer to eat alone generally.

4cogscruzin: The cruise director Graham Seymour was extremely funny,very busy and everyone seemed to think the same.

triplefigs: My wife & I were the same but took a table for 4 and had the most fantastic funny tablemates,a real treat to know them.

Cheers Doc07

I want to book a Promenade Stateroom on the IOTS. The question is for those of you who have booked one. Which floor is best 6th, 7th or 8th? What location is best forward, aft or the middle? And why do you feel that way? For the record I don't think noise is a problem unless it is extremely noisy and late and I am thinking of the cabin that provides the best view of the activities going on in the promenade.

4cogscruzin: The cruise director Graham Seymour was extremely funny,very busy and everyone seemed to think the same.

triplefigs: My wife & I were the same but took a table for 4 and had the most fantastic funny tablemates,a real treat to know them.

Cheers Doc07

Did you go to Graham's late night show? It was very good.

Hi James

Missed you at the M&M was looking forward to meeting you.

No unfortunately we couldn't see his show live but saw it on Channel 10. His early morning show on TV was very good.

Cheers Doc07

We haven't sailed on IOTS yet(sailing in Feb. 09), but had a promenade room on Navigator of the Seas (Feb. 08). We were on the 8th deck, mid ship. The room was fabulous!!! We think mid-ship is the place to be to see everything that's going on. (Forward or Aft you just won't be able to see everything)Noise was never a problem.

We have booked a promenade room on IOTS 7th deck, mid-ship for our next cruise. We think it will be better to be one deck closer to the action.

A friendly reminder....if you've never stayed in a promenade room before... be mindful of closing your drapes......unless you want to share a show with your neighbors across the way!!!!! LOL

Hope this helps!!

We haven't sailed on IOTS yet(sailing in Feb. 09), but had a promenade room on Navigator of the Seas (Feb. 08). We were on the 8th deck, mid ship. The room was fabulous!!! We think mid-ship is the place to be to see everything that's going on. (Forward or Aft you just won't be able to see everything)Noise was never a problem.

We have booked a promenade room on IOTS 7th deck, mid-ship for our next cruise. We think it will be better to be one deck closer to the action.

A friendly reminder....if you've never stayed in a promenade room before... be mindful of closing your drapes......unless you want to share a show with your neighbors across the way!!!!! LOL

Hope this helps!!

Hi COCKYMARK

You have picked a good cruise as we loves the ship.

Some photos on below link.

ps I was born in Greenville SC and had a friend who lived in Simpsonville names Tommy Hughes