All things Independence of the Seas

It's so great to hear such positive reviews of the Indy! I'll be on for Christmas too, with my mom and dad. Really looking forward to it! See you there, everyone!

It looks like we will be sailing together. I am also traveling with my mom and dad along with my family. The Indy... is great! You will love it!

Where is your review!? :p I would love to hear about your trip and what you experience aboard the Indy...

Any questions just ask. Unfortunately, I did not write a review. Our experience was wonderful from the time we enter the pier to the time we stepped off the ship. Everyone is so nice and helpful. I am hoping to have the same waiter in the dinning room. Unfortunately, our headwaiter John will be on holiday. I am really looking forward to our next cruise on the Indy...!!!

Who out there is going on IOS on Dec.13, 2008?

ME AND MY DH ARE GOING. WE MADE OUR FINAL PAYMENT LAST WEEK, BOOKED 3 EXCURSIONS, AND 1 NIGHT EACH AT CHOPS & PORTOFINO. WE ARE READY TO GO! BY THE WAY, GO OVER TO THE RC MEET & MINGLE BOARD - THERE'S A THREAD FOR OUR SHIP AND SAIL DATE. AND BE SURE & REGISTER FOR THE MEET & MINGLE!:)

We too are joining the December 13th Cruise. Getting excited. First time on a MEGA ship and it's the first time in several years that we are returning to RCCL.

As I'm reading on the boards, no more chocolate on your pillows?, $14.95 if you want steak... anyone thats been on the Indy what did you experience.

Looking forward to the meet and mingle.

Any questions just ask. Unfortunately, I did not write a review. Our experience was wonderful from the time we enter the pier to the time we stepped off the ship. Everyone is so nice and helpful. I am hoping to have the same waiter in the dinning room. Unfortunately, our headwaiter John will be on holiday. I am really looking forward to our next cruise on the Indy...!!!

Is the New Diamond/+ lounge open ALL day and does it have the speciality coffee machine in it?? TIA.

Is the New Diamond/+ lounge open ALL day and does it have the speciality coffee machine in it?? TIA.

The Diamond Club is open 24 hrs and yes it has the coffee machine in it :D The Concierge is usually in there for couple of hours in the morning (while continental brekkie is served) and for the free drinkies hours at night :D

The Diamond Club is open 24 hrs and yes it has the coffee machine in it :D The Concierge is usually in there for couple of hours in the morning (while continental brekkie is served) and for the free drinkies hours at night :D

Thanks Liz, does the Concierge split his time between the Concierge Lounge for Suite Guests and the Diamond Lounge??

John.

Hope this not to far OT.:o

I was just spending a quiet half hour looking at various ports on Google Earth when I noticed that there is a Freedom class vessel docked in Miami.

Sorry if this question has been asked elsewhere already but does anyone know if it is Freedom or Liberty of the Seas?

Map picture appears to be dated 17 Nov 2007.

We too are joining the December 13th Cruise. Getting excited. First time on a MEGA ship and it's the first time in several years that we are returning to RCCL.

As I'm reading on the boards, no more chocolate on your pillows?, $14.95 if you want steak... anyone thats been on the Indy what did you experience.

Looking forward to the meet and mingle.

Just got off the Indy and have been well and truly bitten by the cruising bug, will be writing a review but from our trip we had chocolates every night and there wasn't the option for a $14.95 steak on the menu... it certainly wasn't needed as the food was excellent. :)

All,

We've never sailed RCCL before (we have the independence booked for march) and I was kind of surprised with the layout of the rooms. We are traveling with two teens (1boy/1girl) who would not be happy sharing a bed. We ended up booking connecting balcony rooms (about the same price as the larger suite). Is this a better option over the suites space wise? What kind of "perks" would we be missing on the suite. It looks like the suites have only a pull out sofa which the kids would have to share. Do any of the suites have a pullman bunk? Sigh...too many things to think about!

we've shared an owners suite ONCE. my husband, myself and 2 teen boys. personally NEVER AGAIN. yes the suite was beautiful...yes it was worth 2 crown and anchor points.....yes the consierge lounge and the consierge were AWESOME..........but we only had 1 bathroom.... no privacy......and my kids really love having their own room.

when they were with me.....i was straightening out their mess....picking up their clothes etc. whenh they're by themselves they do more by themselves. they also prefer knowing they have a curfew and coming and going as they please.

we are platinum cruisers on rc so the whole priority boarding is something we get anyway. this is obviously a personal choice but having done it once.......it's enough:D

Hi All,

I am new to this site and new to cruising! My boyfriend and I are booked on 12/13 Caribbean cruise on Independence of the Seas. I'm having a bit of a dilemma about which cabin to choose.

Currently, I have a promenade stateroom, but I am deciding whether to downgrade to "guarantee". I basically have no idea whether the extra money is worth it in terms of the room. Neither of us is picky about the room itself, but are there other factors I should be concerned about? Or should I just downgrade to Guarantee and spend the 800 bucks on excursions? Any advice is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!

1st of all....welcome to cruise critic and the world of cruising:)

i have no idea how to answer your question but someone here will. what i would suggest is to start a new thread with this question as the title. it will get way more hits than this one since this one will only get read by people interested in the independence. good luck

Hi All,

I am new to this site and new to cruising! My boyfriend and I are booked on 12/13 Caribbean cruise on Independence of the Seas. I'm having a bit of a dilemma about which cabin to choose.

Currently, I have a promenade stateroom, but I am deciding whether to downgrade to "guarantee". I basically have no idea whether the extra money is worth it in terms of the room. Neither of us is picky about the room itself, but are there other factors I should be concerned about? Or should I just downgrade to Guarantee and spend the 800 bucks on excursions? Any advice is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!

My husband and I are also booked on the 12/13/08 cruise. Have you signed up for the M & M? We have also booked a Promenade Stateroom. We decided on the Promenade so we can watch the parades in the evenings and don't have to fight the crouds. We were on the Freedom OTS in Sept 07 and missed every parade.

Hi All,

We did exactly this on the Navigator in June.

We booked the cheapest inside guarantee possible (Category Z). We were prepared for the worst - we could have been allocated the smallest interior cabin on deck 2 aft, 200ft away from the elevator. As it happened, we got a promenade cabin on deck 6 that was ideal for our 5-night cruise.

The advice - if your cruise is port-intensive and you do not want to spend too much time in the cabin - go for the guarantee. You will certainly save money and may get an upgrade, if you are really lucky.

Dont usually use a credit card to settle bill but having read that Nationwide dont charge a fee and also have a good conversion rate i have decided to use them for my on board credit.

I have just filled in the necessary details online at the RCI site but nowhere did it give me the option not to have the money converted from dollars to Pounds?

The only reason i am paying by this method is so that the card company can convert and not RCI where is this option does anyone know.

Thanks for any info

Dont usually use a credit card to settle bill but having read that Nationwide dont charge a fee and also have a good conversion rate i have decided to use them for my on board credit.

I have just filled in the necessary details online at the RCI site but nowhere did it give me the option not to have the money converted from dollars to Pounds?

The only reason i am paying by this method is so that the card company can convert and not RCI where is this option does anyone know.

Thanks for any info

When you print out your SETSAIL document online, it will give you 2 options, A & B, you will need to tick Box B, but a couple of little tips, firstly, mark the Box with a HIGHLIGHTER pen as well so that it stands out more and secondly, although you can view your Seapass account via the interactive TV, I suggest you go to Guest Relations around 3 days before the end of the cruise and ask if you could have a printout of your account. When you have got it you will see all your purchases listed and at the bottom LEFT of the bill you will see the total in US$, if by mistake they are going to try to convert it, it will also show in the bottom RIGHT in GB POUNDS, if it does show a total in GBP make sure you talk with them and then check it the following day when they have had time to correct it. It has only ever happened to us once but never since we have highlighted the box as well.

Hope this helps.

When you print out your SETSAIL document online, it will give you 2 options, A & B, you will need to tick Box B, but a couple of little tips, firstly, mark the Box with a HIGHLIGHTER pen as well so that it stands out more and secondly, although you can view your Seapass account via the interactive TV, I suggest you go to Guest Relations around 3 days before the end of the cruise and ask if you could have a printout of your account. When you have got it you will see all your purchases listed and at the bottom LEFT of the bill you will see the total in US$, if by mistake they are going to try to convert it, it will also show in the bottom RIGHT in GB POUNDS, if it does show a total in GBP make sure you talk with them and then check it the following day when they have had time to correct it. It has only ever happened to us once but never since we have highlighted the box as well.

Hope this helps.

Thankyou for those tips when you say highlight do you mean highlight it before you print it off? if so how do I do that

once again thankyou