Grand Princess minisuite emerald or dolphin deck

cprofits

I've read about the exposed/covered balcony on both decks but wondered if there was any other reason to choose between these two decks? I have the option of either going with a near the aft emerald deck minisuite or one in a similar location on the dolphin deck. Are there any other pros/cons to consider other than the balcony cover? Thanks!

The only real difference is location and the covered balcony on Emerald vs the exposed balcony on the Dolphin. We have had them both.

We found we much prefer the Dolphin Deck minis as they are more centrally located, and if the seas become cranky, the ship usually has more movement in the Emerald Minis towards the aft.

We love the Dolphin mini suites..this is our third time this March in one. We love the sun on nice days. We do not worry about people looking down on us...We are usually:rolleyes: wearing clothing..lol and would not do anything risque outside;) The rooms are lovely and so is the location...don't worry and be happy! Cruising is a wonderful way to spend a vacation...:D

I had E718 on the Grand last October. I wanted a covered balcony. I was pleased with it except - when they use the thrusters the whole cabin vibrates. But since they use them coming and going from a port it's only a few times.

My other problem was I could hear sound from the Vista Lounge below. Depending on the show (which fortunately weren't real late) I could hear the music and sometimes the voices. It was loud enough to hear things but not loud enough you could actually hear what they were saying. That might really bother some people. I just ignored it and didn't let it bother me but if you're sensitive to noise and like to retire early it could be a problem.

Being that far back, there isn't much traffic in the corridors.

I don't have a mini suite but I did book a balcony stateroom on the Aloha deck. I can't really tell from the diagram how much closet and drawer space there is. If I was traveling with DH I wounldn't worry cause I'd be taking it all anyway! But 2 women sharing a cabin, that's different. Can anyone tell me how many drawers the nightstands have, how wide is that closet, can it hold 15 pair of shoes???? :D

Hey, Chick! I hope you aren't packing for a long cruise! I shared a cabin with another woman and we were very considerate about space of which there isn't all that much. You each have a night stand with 3 small drawers and there are 3 drawers in the desk. You have the closet with 6 shelves and that's it. Of course there is the closet to hang clothes too. The bathroom isn't very big either and space is limited there. Why do you need 15 pairs of shoes??????????:eek:

The minis have so much space in them. Lots of storage and room to spare. When we were on the Star last month we were looking at booking a cabin on Emerald (mini) but were told that if we were light sleepers not to because of them being right over the Vista Lounge. I think if you are on the starboard side though it wouldn't be so bad as the stage is on the port side. We usually book on the Dolphin deck.

Are the cabins and balconies in the near the aft minisuites on the emerald and dolphin deck the exact same size. Looking at both deck plans side by side, the dolphin cabins/balconies appear larger. I'm sure it's an optical illusion but I wanted to make sure. Thanks!

Are the cabins and balconies in the near the aft minisuites on the emerald and dolphin deck the exact same size. Looking at both deck plans side by side, the dolphin cabins/balconies appear larger. I'm sure it's an optical illusion but I wanted to make sure. Thanks!

Hey, Chick! I hope you aren't packing for a long cruise! Why do you need 15 pairs of shoes??????????:eek:

Well, I figure between the two of us there would be at least 15 pair. tennies, flip flops, sandals, heels, pumps, wedges, auqua socks, deck shoes, That's about 15 pair. NUTS I know, luckily the clothes roll & fold up tiny.:rolleyes:

I was pleased with it except - when they use the thrusters the whole cabin vibrates.

Isn't that funny, I've been in hotel rooms where I've paid 14 bucks in quarters to make the bed do that.

This is great stuff, I'm on the Dolphin deck and kind of prefer having a better chance of catching some rays on the balcony versus being in the shade.

Also, every photo I can find of the Grand makes it look like your view of the sea is blocked by tender boats in certain places on the Emerald deck. Is that the case, anybody?

Archived