? about 3 Nassau excursions

ppajjohn

Has anyone been on the following excursions out of Nassau and, if so, how was it?

- Glass Bottom boat (1 1/2 hours, $25)

- Nassau & Paradise Island (2 hours, $35)

- Nassau Sights and Ardastra Gardens (2 1/2 hours, $45)

Thanks!

Hmm, when we were in Nassau in 2004, we went to Ardastra but not as a shipboard excursion - we just walked there. We did take a cab back and when my daughter and I go again later this week, we'll take a cab both ways. I would NEVER book an excursion to do this, though. A cab ride will only cost around $6 each way and the admission to the zoo is $12, so you'll save more than $20 each by doing it yourself. It really is nothing to fret over, it's only about 4 miles away from the pier so no worries about getting lost or not being able to get back - the ladies in the gift shop will call a cab for you when you're ready to go back. Also, the historical walking tour can be downloaded from the frommers website along with a map - it's all within about a 10 block radius and can again be done on your own - no cost at all for this.

Ok, one other observation - the entire excursion is only for 2 1/2 hours?? That really doesn't give you much time - I could spend all of that just in Ardastra, especially if you get there at a time to catch one of the flamingo shows. Also, I didn't tell you how I liked it - well, I obviously did because I'm going back again - just check out there website at ardastra dot com to see more about the place. It's not a HUGE zoo, but it's pretty with lots of tropical plants and there's this pig that, well, has the run of the place - you'll see him if you go there. Also, I just checked and the cost is actually $15 per person, not $12 like I said previously. Also, it's right near a fort that you can also stop and tour if you feel like - can get a cab there, then walk from the fort to the garden and get a cab back.

Archived